Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: The Avenue FC (English Team)

Two wins in a row now for The Avenue after going down twice in the game. Some quick changes to the team and a tweak to the formation saw us make a final come back in the 76 minute from a corner and steal the game away with a free kick, converted by Dermot Smithers for his second hat trick in a row, in the 88th minute.

The Avenue FC (English Team)-vs-sonic69-result.jpg

Things are looking better for The Avenue as we soar up the league into 5th place, however today's game will see us host the league leaders and coming off the back of a loss to the team in second, this is going to be a tough game.
    Buffs Mad and Cat Harrison like this.

Oh it's been a bit long since I updated this. Things got on top of me and I fell behind with my blog. (Hopefully no one noticed that...) Cutting out the full commentary on my tumblr, as it's proving too time consuming and I'll just stick to my story and the match reports.

So! An update. The Avenue are now undefeated in their last 10 games, with draws against (at the time) 4th and 3rd. We've now shot up into second place with a 5-0 win over a team with a striker in goal (I know, I know, 5 was all we could manage) and this evening we have a game against a team with a midfielder in goal. Hopefully he's not quite as good as the striker, he did manage to save a few, much to my annoyance! And tomorrow is the big one, The Avenue will face the league leaders in a clash of the top and with one of our strikers out with a broken foot and the back ups not pulling their weight, it's looking like I'm going to have to come up with something sharpish!

A plan is called for.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

The good news outweighs the bad in this update. (Bit picture heavy this one)

A fine result last night against bottom of the table Pedro FC. So many goals for The Avenue in this one, the opposition may as well have had a midfielder in goal. Well, okay, they did.

The Avenue FC (English Team)-vs-pedro-fc.jpg

The goals all count though as it found The Avenue top of the league on goal average for the first time this season.

A new signing would then join us early this morning. A tad older and not quite as close to 6 star as I would have liked, but for the price and the fact I only used 2 tokens, I feel it was a good deal. I also got him from a computer team, so as far as I know (through my limited experience) he should be a good performer. Time will tell.

The Avenue FC (English Team)-brian-graham.jpg

And finally this afternoon saw The Avenue travel to face third place, who had led the league up until the last few games and come away with a strong win.

The Avenue FC (English Team)-vs-rib.jpg

Devastation befell us in the first 5 minutes, as Dermot Smithers went down to a torn ACL (Might have to use some red packs on him, he's my main man!) But Copeland came on and made himself known by scoring his first goal of the season. The game also saw a debut goal for Brian Graham and a man of the match despite not coming up in the comments apart from his goal, guess he was making a nuisance of himself off the ball.

Three points clear at the top now, with second place still to play today and then we'll face them tomorrow in an attempt to put more daylight between the top runners.
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Another big game and another big win for The Avenue.

The Avenue FC (English Team)-vs-dak-fk.jpg

Brian Graham gets his second in the same amount of games, it's looking like he's going to be a big asset for the club and working well with Dermot Smithers. Neale Murray's going to find it hard to get back into the line up now. And big central defender Sergry Filonenko scored his first goal of the season, joining a counter attack and slotting home like a seasoned striker. His celebration however, could do with some work. Simply hyperventilating at being that far up the pitch, he bent over at the corner flag to catch his breathe before being guided back to his own half.

Refusing to falter, The Avenue are now 13 games unbeaten and still going strong and have put a little daylight between our top spot and second place. It's all very tight up there though and only half way through the season, it's still anybody's game.

The Avenue FC (English Team)-league-15-july.jpg

Facing off against sixth place later this evening, let's hope The Avenue can keep up their charge.
    Buffs Mad likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123