Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: The Avenue FC (English Team)

Good luck with your upcomming season
    I will check up your blog every now and then for sure!
    The Avenue and Emiron Josepha like this.
    Club: For My Stephanie
    League Champions (Season 5 - Level 5.)
    League Champions (Season 4 - Level 4.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 3 - Level 3.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 2 - Level 2.)
    League Champions (Season 1 - Level 1.)
    SERVER : 86
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...dish-team.html <--- My Team's Showcase.

Thank you kindly Tommy, hopefully I won't fail miserable. Hopefully if I do have to fail, it'll be spectacularly!

Unfortunately The Avenue got off to a bad start and my fears came to reality. The cup game had already been played before I started my team. Condemned before we could even get underway. And we lost 2-1 at home in the cup, so going into the away leg with an uphill battle against us.

The Avenue FC (English Team)-vs.-wily-ac.jpg

The match report can be found over on my blog The Avenue in highlight form and a long winded commentary, which is mainly for me to have fun with, but may be a good read for you if you have the time.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Good luck for the new season!
    I keep my fingers crossed for you
    The Avenue likes this.
    BLAUGRANA FC - The road to success...

7x 4x Runner-ups 3x 1x

Thank you very much. I think I may need the luck!
    Mr. Marco likes this.

A 2-2 away result unfortunately sees The Avenue out of the cup before they could even begin. I wasn't able to watch either game, one had played before the team was even born, which we lost and this mornings one was at 5.30, which I wasn't awake for. Felt if I could have watched it, I might have been able to make a difference, but a leaky defence gave the home team 2 early goals and our 2 late ones just wasn't enough to see us through.

My inexperience with a 4-3-3 narrow formation obviously doesn't help, it's all trial and error for me at the moment (Mainly error, although the first game was played with a different formation, so I've at least improved on it) I'm used to playing a wide diamond with my main level 5 team (Who achieved a 6-0 away win in the cup against an equally good team, despite having constant pressure on us. I might actually get through the first round! Hooray!) Good luck to everyone else in their cup games and upcoming champions league games!

Match Report up on my blog The Avenue
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Dreamer
    what is the formation that the opp used?

"Rare But Strong Together"

7x 3x 2x

Sorry I didn't reply quicker, had a busy day yesterday. It was a flat 4-4-2, so I could have probably picked a better formation against it. But hey ho, live and learn. I'd hoped to make 4-3-3 Narrow my main formation (Was originally thinking 4-4-2, but I don't have a Midfield left and since this is a team purely for the fun of my story, I don't intend to pump tokens into it to grab a new player just yet) Unfortunately, I don't know too much about playing the formation so I'll just try things out and see what happens!

Seems I don't have a single computer controlled team in my very first season, so this should prove interesting. Perhaps The Avenue will start as a struggling team, rather than one destined for instant glory?

Another day and another defeat for The Avenue! A terrible start to the season with a narrow 2-1 away loss. The 4-3-3 formation didn't seem to suit the team very well, some pretty bad performances in there last night, so going to try something different today. And once I find the formation that clicks, then we'll be on a roll.

Maybe.
    Buffs Mad and Cat Harrison like this.

After adopting a new formation for today's game, 3-1-2-2W-2 or 'The Fish' as I like the call it. (What? It looks like a fish. It does!) The Avenue's hopes were high in this game. All the pressure, all the possession and all the shots, did not unfortunately, lead to all the goals. A 0-0 stale mate at home. After throwing EVERYTHING, including the kitchen sink, we just could not break the visitors' defence and had to accept a single point. Disappointing for The Avenue, but maybe 'the fish' would swim tomorrow.

It had to happen sooner or later. The Avenue record their first win of the season! A rocky start for the club under Leighton Stone with a loss and two draws in the league, one of which was a 3-1 lead, thrown away in the second half. Adjustments were made, tactics were tweaked and The Avenue are finally off the mark

The Avenue FC (English Team)-first-win.jpg

A good win at home and a hatrick for Dermot Smithers. He could have had another at the death, but blasted it over the bar, no one was too bothered by the miss however.

The start of better things to come? Let's hope so.
    Buffs Mad and Cat Harrison like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast