Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: The Cult Of Foster.

Hayden Foster Career Watch (FC Halifax Town)

Occasionally in life a super hero walks amongst us. Whilst many will celebrate the triumphs of their TEAMS, this is in tribute to a super player - Mr Hayden Foster, a player that joins FC Halifax Town as an 18 yr old on day 3 of the season from the academy, and is soon propelled to superstar status thanks to power training. It was decided early on that Foster would be power trained every season to high 9 star (To the point that he goes over to ten star quality once he wins a MOM award) every season too as a cult hero deserves the best.

It all started with a cracking debut 2 seasons ago, a 5 goal haul on his first outing.

Even though he was only 18 years old in his first season it also didn't stop him becoming a FC Halifax Town record holder, after bagging 7 goals in one game.

His overall maiden season ended well, with him on 68 goals, with an impressive 42 assists too.

This led to him being the top goal scorer, assist maker and average ratings winner for the season.

In his second season it was harder for the goals to come due to a really hard league, yet he still managed to get 48 goals overall, with 18 assists in the season. Again, he won all the awards for the league.

All that however now brings us to this season and Foster as he currently stands.

With one last game left in the league this season, Foster has netted a further 77 times this season, with 42 assists again, making it his most profitable season to date.

One thing is for certain, as we go on in the next few seasons, Foster looks set to become a cult hero with FC Halifax Town. Watch all the action unfold in this thread as we celebrate the beast that is Hayden Foster.

What a player ! Good stats from him and winning all the top awards

Foster has completed the last game of this season with a hat trick. That takes his season tally to 80 goals as a result, with 42 assists.

It's also meant for the third season in a row he has cleaned up in the awards for best of in the league.

He has now completed 3 full seasons with me and his stats are as follows -

Games - 125
    Goals - 196
    Assists - 102
    MOM - 62

Tomorrow he will be power trained right to the top end of 9 star yet again as he will go again as our star player, this time aged 21.
    Färnebofjärdens likes this.

Power training for the new season is now complete, with Foster again at the top end of nine star.

In his first game of the season he set up 2 goals in a 2-0 win against a team 3 leagues higher on route to picking up a MOM award, so he is now over the bridge into ten star territory again.

Still expecting to bow out of the cup as the team is a lot stronger than me, but the lead has given us a bit of hope I suppose. 2 assists and a MOM isn't the worst way for Hayden to start this season.
    sparklinginsilence likes this.

After not scoring in the first 3 games of the season (The Two cup games and the Champions League game), although having got 3 assists from them, Foster smashed 4 goals and assisted another in his first League game of the season.

Those 4 goals took Foster to 200 FC Halifax Town Goals.

kynan - brilliant player. What orders and arrows you have in your 442? Such amazing player :P

I don't tinker much, I just keep it simple and it seems to work.

Team mentality - Normal
    Focus passing - Mixed
    Pressing Style - Low
    Tackling style - Normal
    Passing style - Mixed
    Marking style - Zonal

I don't bother with arrows at all in any formation I use.

If I haven't scored an early goal (Within the first half hour or so), or if I concede first I drop to a 4-4-1-1 formation, my second striker Bazli is a ST/AMC hybrid, so he will sit back, but then I switch from normal to attacking.

I find dropping a player back into the AMC role often means I get to win the ball more in midfield, whilst setting a more attacking stance means I don't seem to lose out up front, whilst keeping balance in my defence too.

4-4-1-1 is also used when I am playing a hard opponent where I think they could beat me (Often in the Cup, or when quality is close) - especially away from home. I also go to 4-4-1-1 the moment my opponent has a player sent off too as I feel it helps to swamp the opposition. If I want to close a game out I often go to 4-4-1-1 too.

4-4-2 is my staple formation though and most times when I am easily winning I just swap position like for like, keeping it rigid.

Only rule I am using at the moment is that I am playing Foster in every game apart from the ones where he is suspended - and I never sub him, unless he gets injured. Should he get injured then he gets healed straight after the game (He's had 4 in game injuries in the little over 3 seasons so far)

My gods, Real Madrid needs to replace CR7 with this guy.
    Awe Imoleayo Peter likes this.

Their team is overflowing with joy.

Having been drawn in a very hard league (Every team is 5 star), with the CL and the Cup also equally hard (Every club in the CL is 5 star, the Cup is even harder, up to 6/7/8) its not been very easy for Foster to score a lot this season.

With that said, 16 games in he does have 13 goals to his name with 11 assists, so its not like he is sucking completely, although it is down on his normal rate.

It does look like it may be a lower final season total this time around, but we carry on regardless. Foster is only 29 assists off become the record assist maker for FC Halifax, so its hopeful that he can break this record some time next season.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast