Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Rautzii

Rookie

Rautzii

Hello,

My name is Cristian, I'm a new player, joined yesterday, and I'll open here my little corner where I share my progress and ask some questions (if there are kind players to answer)

First thing I did was search for beginner guides, and I immediately found Al Svanberg's wonderful guide.
    I tried incorporating some pieces of advice from here and there, I don't know how well I did.

I received my team in the middle of the season, in 5th place.

Rautzii-img_1538.jpg

Not too bad, but my worry is I won't be able to beat the current 1st place:

Rautzii-img_1540.jpg

I received my team with seven 18-19 year olds, with some potential (according to Niko's guide of looking at the ratio value/wage).
    I sacced some old timers and bought 4 more youngsters for a line-up of all young players.
    (maybe some good experienced players were in order, but I only spent 2M total and I wanted to do some training on young blood)

Rautzii-img_1539.jpg

Unfortunately the 7 initial young players I received were in some odd positions, and rather than selling them I just created my tactic around them.
    I'm very bad at footbal tactics but I gave it a shot:

Rautzii-img_1541.jpg

My very first match was this evening, and after a 3-0 lead at half time, I impatiently substituted a key player (reading somewhere that you should substitute every match) and score went back to 3-2 and gave myself some excitement for the last 10 minutes of the game.
    Nevertheless I won my first match in this game so it's a great start.

Now for some questions to the more experienced players:

- should I always start my training with Warm Up? or any Easy training will do?
    - what if I only use the same Hard training? I don't get the team bonuses but what about the individual stat gains? are they affected?
    - do people prefer training or playing friendly matches?
    - anyone has room in an active association? I may be new but I guarantee activity every day, loyalty and dedication
    - what should I build as a new player? I started work on Training Facility for now
    - some advice on tweaking my tactic would be great (unfortunately those are the players I have to work with for now)

Good to be here and thank you!

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    - should I always start my training with Warm Up? or any Easy training will do?
    - what if I only use the same Hard training? I don't get the team bonuses but what about the individual stat gains? are they affected?
    I think yes. I 'm starting with warm up but if I want to do an individual training for one of my players (for example an attacker), I just put only relative drills.
    A negative effect is that some times you 're not earning progress in training lv (the circle in upper right corner.

- do people prefer training or playing friendly matches?
    Lately, with the training bonus, the majority prefers training.
    For higher levels, they keep playing friendlies because it gives good money, necessary for the team, but in your case (in low levels) doesn't help as your stadium is small and you have to set the ticket to 1$ to gather fans. So not worthy. but it's useful for testing some new players.

- anyone has room in an active association? I may be new but I guarantee activity every day, loyalty and dedication
    you can search also here
    Associations

- what should I build as a new player? I started work on Training Facility for now
    Doesn't matter. Build one by one without spending extra token (but not delay too).
    In every lv, just leave Lights and Score board for last.

- some advice on tweaking my tactic would be great (unfortunately those are the players I have to work with for now)
    I think it's good

I received my team in the middle of the season, in 5th place.
    Not too bad, but my worry is I won't be able to beat the current 1st place
    The most important is to promote to next CH.L.
    money is an issue at low levels and only CH.L. games can help.
    If you see that you can't do it, stay at the same lv , enforce your team (prefer cheap 26-30 y.o. 5* players) and learn more about the game.

Here is a compilation of useful threads I gathered
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...click-see.html
    Rautz likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    Thank you very much for all the info Niko.

Being the early stages of the game, I like to mess around and try different things.

Lately, with the training bonus, the majority prefers training
    So I made a small experiment.
    I calculated the skill increase from training and that from a friendly.
    Training gives me around 2.5-3 skill points per 10% condition lost on the player.
    Friendly gave me around 6-7 skill points for about 9% condition lost.
    That's about 2.5x better for friendlies.

Rautzii-amical.png

There's a risk of injury but on the other hand you can gain some morale by winning friendlies, a bit of money and tokens.

Am I missing something?

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Friendly gave me around 6-7 skill points for about 9% condition lost.
    not exactly, that's not guarantee.
    Imagine a bar (as the old version of the game had). Some times it's near the top and some times it's near the bottom.
    Maybe in the next friendly, Trif will gain only 1-2 skills instead of 7.

a bit of money and tokens.
    very few money, no token , 1 of a kind packs.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    not exactly, that's not guarantee.

very few money, no token , 1 of a kind packs.
    I meant the packs, not token, sorry.

Cool, I just arranged some more friendlies to test the rewards

Rookie
    You were right, that first result was a fluke and all my other results were worse, in the 2-3 skill points range.

However, overall, the friendlies still give a bit more than my training (about 30%), so when I'll have those training programs with 30%, it should be about equal.

Well that's it for now, I'll play the game a bit more and try out different things.

Thank you

Rookie
    Rautzii-3-sep.jpg

A successful day, I won my association games with 5-0 and 6-0, and my league game with 2-0.

I played friendlies all day, trying to make sense of the gains.
    As long as I'm online, friendlies are more productive and more fun than training but on busy days training will be the norm.

Today my team has increased 0.7 points, (2.9%). I hope it's good, but I don't know for sure.
    Duncton likes this.

Rookie
    Rautzii-4-sep.jpg

I won both my matches in the association, against a 93% guy, so that was nice.
    We also won the tournament, but the other fellows are all rather inactive so I should join an active association.

In the league I had my first tough match, my team was equalized in the very last minute, but overall it was a close match.

I continued my quest of finding stuff about the friendlies, I again had very good gains in the first friendly of the day, so that may be it, as they say 'one friendly a day keeps the doctor away'. I'll need to investigate further

Rautzii-img_1542.jpg

Rookie
    Not much to report today, I won my league match in the last minute.
    I again played lots of friendlies and researched my 0% condition theory.

I have my full team of 18-19 yo who are gaining skills quickly, they're not great, but for the first season they'll do.
    I looked for some players in the transfer list but honestly the auctions for level 1 scare me and are not very well thought out imo.
    What I mean by that is that level 1 players have nothing to lose, they throw around tokens like candy, they've not invested time in the game yet so it has no meaning. It's like playing poker with playmoney.
    I was thrown in the game in the middle of the season, there's nothing I can do but wait it out, not win the league but get to level 2, qualify for CL.
    I'll sell a few of the players at the end of the season and replace them at the start of the next one, but I'll probably keep a bunch of the youngsters, I'm fond of them and they'll be around 4-5* going into the next season (after the downgrade)

For long term goals I don't know what to expect. should I save tokens? save money? try to win the treble every season? maybe all 3.

Rookie
    I found a great transfer deal this morning and I couldn't resist. I got a 97% MC for 2 tokens.
    Then I got unlucky and lost 4 tokens on a GK due to lag (I really need a GK, mine is crap, always receiving goals and having low ratings)
    Then I bought a 97% DC/DR for 8 tokens.
    Wow the transfer list gave me such an adrenaline rush I was shaking! (had to count how many people are still in the race, try to outsmart them, but there was such a short time)

Overall I'm satisfied. I only need a good GK now.

Rautzii-image.jpg

Won my league game but so did my competitors.
    Last edited by Rautz; 09-06-2016 at 04:41 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast