Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Consecutive Corners Always Lead to a Goal?!

The way I see it, is that the game has already decided what the outcome will be before hand.

The match commentary is just an aesthetic feature it seems.

I really do think that formations, orders and SA's as such don't really affect the outcome as much as it should.

SA's just seem to mean that it's the player with that SA that Scores, assists or defends a goal, if he doesn't have that SA then it's a random pick of the rest.

I think the GE, if you can call it that is geared up towards making a manager act in certain ways, ie. spend more packs, or use tokens to buy players to turn around results as such.

My girlfriend's sister plays the game, hasn't spent a penny on it, hasn't farmed tokens either, and I've looked at her results etc, and she gets FAR less injuries than me, and also seems to win much more than me, and she isn't even intelligent when it comes to football, she sets a 5-3N-3 formation and its made her win all 3 seasons in the league, CL and cup, it's quite annoying.

I don't think you can call this a football manager game as such, because we have such little say in deciding match outcomes, when compared other games such as 'Football Manager'

( I know we aren't allowed to promote other games but I'm putting my point across).

Bottom line is, I think there's a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes with this game that we aren't supposed to know about, and a lot of it is set out to look like more than it actually is.
    aiureah likes this.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mercury View Post
    Explain that. One guy just said he always concedes from consecutive corners, another said he never scores from consecutive corners. The consecutive corner aspect can't be significant. So how does the 'game engine' affect things?
    It's simple - the game engine ****s up not just with corners, but with results and other stuff too.
    Explain me how can someone who's team has (for example) scout avg quality lose against a 2*/3* team?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer_X View Post
    It's simple - the game engine ****s up not just with corners, but with results and other stuff too.
    Explain me how can someone who's team has (for example) scout avg quality lose against a 2*/3* team?
    Happens to me all the time.

I'm not an idiot, I know what formations to use and such, I'd say I'm quite intelligent when it comes to football.

It's just a way of Nordeus making us frustrated enough to buy more tokens to try and turn results around.

I can never win when I'm in the 2*/3* position, because I buy tokens, simple as that.
    aiureah likes this.

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Double corners will alwais lead to a chanche

exactly how the chanche is given for sure once your players is "away in the clear" or "just the GK remains".

They are automated robot-choiches made by the engine which will roll a virtual dice (binary, i do guess) and give out the result (0 = nogoal; 1=goal). Among the rolled dice there are influential factors which make the "dice" tend to one way or another (team qualities, player stats, gk/def/etc stats.)

this is at last how i see it, it should work in some sort of way:

-System creates a "chanche".
    -System calculates a % clash between the two team's quality
    -System calculates the stats and quality of the player going for the attack
    -System calculates the stats and quality of the player going for the defence
    -System rolls a dice for both attacker/defender
    -Values calculated above works as multipliers of the basic dice's roll.
    -Results are confronted and basing on the differential a certain response is generated (goes wide, gk gets it, goal, ck, and so on)

That's why sometimes we get pissed at 1-2* defenders playing as 9*: those times usually defender rolls a 6 (ie, don't know values) while the attcker a 2. So if the defender is Q25 will have 150 power while if our ST is 70 it will have 140 power, and lose by bits. (random result: pole and out).

Basically works as any mmporpg or final fantasy damage calculation platform, imho.
    Raykco likes this.

Personally, I think there may be many factors to be considered here.

1: What the skill rating for the defender in "heading" (not necessarily SA).
    2: What the skill rating for the attacker in "heading"
    3: What the skill rating for the corner taker in "crossing".

I have four players with corner SA, in my squad. But by far and away, the weakest of them (in terms of quality), has the most success in setting up goals, because his "crossing" points are higher than the others.
    Likewise, my top scorer from corners, is not my top rated striker. When these two play together, I'm always pretty confident of getting at least one goal from the set piece. Any other combination, and its 50/50.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Addicted
    do you mean three normal corners in a row...or the dreaded "they conceded the corner again" that leads to a goal in 90% of the cases?

Quote Originally Posted by hullabaloo View Post
    do you mean three normal corners in a row...or the dreaded "they conceded the corner again" that leads to a goal in 90% of the cases?
    The second one my friend, seems you have the same issue as me haha

#JFT96

Addicted
    oh i see. looks like most people in this thread misunderstood you and thought you meant the first alternative

before, 100% of these used to be a goal. Now it's not 100%, but about 90% I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by hullabaloo View Post
    oh i see. looks like most people in this thread misunderstood you and thought you meant the first alternative

before, 100% of these used to be a goal. Now it's not 100%, but about 90% I guess.
    Yeah that's what I was trying to put across.

Regardless of quality etc, I could have 10* defenders and he 1* strikers, conceeding corners after a previous corner seems to lead to a goal every time.

#JFT96

Quote Originally Posted by Sxrenity View Post
    My girlfriend's sister plays the game, hasn't spent a penny on it, hasn't farmed tokens either, and I've looked at her results etc, and she gets FAR less injuries than me, and also seems to win much more than me, and she isn't even intelligent when it comes to football, she sets a 5-3N-3 formation and its made her win all 3 seasons in the league, CL and cup, it's quite annoying.
    5-3N-3 is overpowered as ****. No wonder she wins so much with 12 players.
    Narf likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast