Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: T11 vs Real life

Rookie
    In my cup I have beaten a team with 5 quality higher the past few days, twice, both home and away, never in danger of losing. In the league I faced two weak teams ( more than 10 quality lower). it was two draws, despite having good formations against them. Pretty much the same players used. So there could be something more to it than randomness.
    But still...there are far more pressing matters in this game that need fixing (such as...not having screens that are too white...*cough*)

I believe from previous experience in my programming career algorithms for simulation games take very little into consideration

Randomness (literally 0 or 1, e.g 0 = Manchester City, 1 = United, the engine may give 1 a slightly higher chance of scoring a goal because of a possible superior striker)

Honestly I have no idea how their algorithm works, but I had colleagues in the game industry (while I was also working at the same studio) while I worked for Ubisoft that specialized in the algorithm (not a huge aspect of their games either) and during our nights out that is what they talked about.

The game engine isn't suppose to be kind, sure you have a much better chance of winning if you have a superior team and better formation, but randomness trumps that.
    Wolf FC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zJordan View Post
    I believe from previous experience in my programming career algorithms for simulation games take very little into consideration

Randomness (literally 0 or 1, e.g 0 = Manchester City, 1 = United, the engine may give 1 a slightly higher chance of scoring a goal because of a possible superior striker)

Honestly I have no idea how their algorithm works, but I had colleagues in the game industry (while I was also working at the same studio) while I worked for Ubisoft that specialized in the algorithm (not a huge aspect of their games either) and during our nights out that is what they talked about.

The game engine isn't suppose to be kind, sure you have a much better chance of winning if you have a superior team and better formation, but randomness trumps that.
    Well we always knew these programmers of T11 arent rocket scientists. They are extortionistic entrepreneurs only out for a steady good paycheck on our backs. I have always said that this program is not complicated but somehow they have every excuse in the book for not fixing the game with easy fixes.

There is almost a sense that randomness is king instead of logic. If this is the case, it does not bode well for anyone.
    zJordan likes this.

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    Topic closed.

Craicot, please avoid swearing on the forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12