Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Like Tree274Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: R.I.P. Free Booster Videos

I use it once but I never received anything
    Entalto Reyal Zaragoza

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rdsouza View Post
    If I may .... a quick search will show that Nordeus would have an annual turnover of over 1B Euro (based on 2011 when they signed with BWin and reportedly had a proforma revenue of 800M Euro with an EBITDA of 200MEuro...very healthy!). Also reportedly, anywhere between 2M to 5M monthly (active) users on T11. Even at half the low watermark - at 1M users buying an average of $25/- tokens per month... on the very low side - thats a revenue stream of 300M$?!? If those rather conservative 1M users click an average of 2 vids / day - thats 60M clicks a month & 720M clicks a year ... at 1cent a click (fair?).. thats only 7.2M$. The rest presumably comes from grants, advertising, branding etc ...

Now,
    If I were Nordeus management :-) and were willing to trade off 50% of "click-revenue" for a 5% increase in token revenue... wouldnt need to go to any business school to figure that out...
    Exactly. I suspected that the vid revenue was small peanuts. If this be true, then say bye-bye to the booster vids for a loooooooooooong time folks.

Rookie
    1M users click an average of 2 vids / day - thats 60M clicks a month & 720M clicks a year ... at 1cent a click (fair?).. thats only 7.2M$.
    Well, I think you are too low with 1 cent per view... This sort of ads usually are much more expensive for the advertiser. Would calculate with at least 3 to 5 cent and as T11 has a very interesting audience for advertisers that usually cannot be reached very easy it even might be more...

Et ceterum censeo Videos should be boycotted until Nordeus rewards them with boosters again!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by guido View Post
    Well, I think you are too low with 1 cent per view... This sort of ads usually are much more expensive for the advertiser. Would calculate with at least 3 to 5 cent and as T11 has a very interesting audience for advertisers that usually cannot be reached very easy it even might be more...

Et ceterum censeo Videos should be boycotted until Nordeus rewards them with boosters again!
    Even with your revised numbers, it is hardly worth keeping the booster videos compared to what they can make on tokens.

If I may .... a quick search will show that Nordeus would have an annual turnover of over 1B Euro (based on 2011 when they signed with BWin and reportedly had a proforma revenue of 800M Euro with an EBITDA of 200MEuro...very healthy!). Also reportedly, anywhere between 2M to 5M monthly (active) users on T11. Even at half the low watermark - at 1M users buying an average of $25/- tokens per month... on the very low side - thats a revenue stream of 300M$?!? If those rather conservative 1M users click an average of 2 vids / day - thats 60M clicks a month & 720M clicks a year ... at 1cent a click (fair?).. thats only 7.2M$. The rest presumably comes from grants, advertising, branding etc ...

Now,
    If I were Nordeus management :-) and were willing to trade off 50% of "click-revenue" for a 5% increase in token revenue... wouldnt need to go to any business school to figure that out...
    confused? on how many things you get wrong imo.. you are deluded to think Token buyers are about 15%-20% of T11 users, you must be joking ..!! i played 7 seasons till now, I think token buyers are not that 1% of game users, i only had seen only about 5 token buyers in a league or CL out of possible 546 teams , this is a rating of 1% and all were spending like 200-300T in average , which give a total of let us say 2000T=$200, so overall is 550 teams spend together about $200, so for buying tokens, this is equal to 32p per user for a whole season .. i used to click 10-20 videos a day . so that is 15p a day ( $4.2 a season) and that is for 1P per ads and i think it is more , i actually hit 30 videos at times.. ok let us say not all have access to videos, so let us give it 4-5 per person a day, and let us say it is 2P per video that is still $2.42 a season ... 15 times more than token buyers ... Token buyers aren't that many or pay that much ..
    Last edited by shwanko07; 06-29-2013 at 07:44 PM.
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    Even with your revised numbers, it is hardly worth keeping the booster videos compared to what they can make on tokens.
    first above numbers are not correct .. at least compared to what i seen in 7 seasons in league and CL.. but ignore that what you forget to consider is that with less competition why token buyers need to buy more tokens? it is a domino effect , ex: look to how chelsea investment led other to spend more as they raised the bar higher, so nordeus need to aim to do the same, give them non token buyers enough competition to push token buyers to invest more, in the same time not much to pi$$ of token buyers who want to win at the end after investing alot .. they need to keep the balance right , less competition = less token needed for buyers
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    first above numbers are not correct .. at least compared to what i seen in 7 seasons in league and CL.. but ignore that what you forget to consider is that with less competition why token buyers need to buy more tokens? it is a domino effect , ex: look to how chelsea investment led other to spend more as they raised the bar higher, so nordeus need to aim to do the same, give them non token buyers enough competition to push token buyers to invest more, in the same time not much to pi$$ of token buyers who want to win at the end after investing alot .. they need to keep the balance right , less competition = less token needed for buyers
    First, nobody but investors and Nordeus have the exact numbers for income from T11. Everything else is speculation. Your experiences are specific to your server and the servers of your friends and arent even a fraction of what is most likely out there.

We can assume a few things if you want:

1) 1M users buying tokens per month out of 11M - taking into account the amount of multi-accounts.
    2) Avg buy = $20/month
    3) $20M/month on token buying alone, close to $250M/year.

These numbers are ones I have stated in a previous post before, or close to them. They are also very similar to the ones from the previous post in this thread. I would tend to believe these are pretty damn close considering we dont have specific published info in our hands.

What is up in the air is the amount paid per view for the videos. Red Bull reached 5M views of its youtube add in ONE WEEK. Typically, you'll see PPV ads costing anywhere from .015-.02 cents per view, but you do get paid every single time someone sees the ad. So with 1M views per week, that is $60K/month. That doesnt even cover their yacht payments! but at $800K/year, it is a nice lump of cash.
    Assuming the above numbers, that would put their income from clicks at 0.3% of their total yearly income, which is peanuts.

We can be extremely generous with their video income numbers and less generous with their yearly income and they will still have income from videos to be under 5% of their yearly income, simply because they make peanuts per view.

I would like to repeat that I can only speculate on their numbers. I have an good source on what they get paid for each view, so I believe that my numbers can hold up as long as we have a good idea on what we think they make on tokens per month/year. Again, my numbers are not necessarily correct, but I try to research them as best as I can without spending all my waking hours on something I really dont care about. I do this for the debate and because I am curious about what they make and pay.

First, nobody but investors and Nordeus have the exact numbers for income from T11. Everything else is speculation. Your experiences are specific to your server and the servers of your friends and arent even a fraction of what is most likely out there.

We can assume a few things if you want:

1) 1M users buying tokens per month out of 11M - taking into account the amount of multi-accounts.
    2) Avg buy = $20/month
    3) $20M/month on token buying alone, close to $250M/year.

These numbers are ones I have stated in a previous post before, or close to them. They are also very similar to the ones from the previous post in this thread. I would tend to believe these are pretty damn close considering we dont have specific published info in our hands.

What is up in the air is the amount paid per view for the videos. Red Bull reached 5M views of its youtube add in ONE WEEK. Typically, you'll see PPV ads costing anywhere from .015-.02 cents per view, but you do get paid every single time someone sees the ad. So with 1M views per week, that is $60K/month. That doesnt even cover their yacht payments! but at $800K/year, it is a nice lump of cash.
    Assuming the above numbers, that would put their income from clicks at 0.3% of their total yearly income, which is peanuts.

We can be extremely generous with their video income numbers and less generous with their yearly income and they will still have income from videos to be under 5% of their yearly income, simply because they make peanuts per view.

I would like to repeat that I can only speculate on their numbers. I have an good source on what they get paid for each view, so I believe that my numbers can hold up as long as we have a good idea on what we think they make on tokens per month/year. Again, my numbers are not necessarily correct, but I try to research them as best as I can without spending all my waking hours on something I really dont care about. I do this for the debate and because I am curious about what they make and pay.
    1- 1m out of 11m buying tokens!!! .. you must be joking? it is 1% at best not 10%.. how many teams you seen in your league were tokens buyers in your last 6 seasons , meaning have more than 6-8 scouts? rememberpeople can buy scouts with offers, and farming like me , and i have full teams of scouts 17 of them are scouts and all from farming
    you forget that many of that 11m are double or 4th or 6 accounts (i have 6 personally, 4 or boosters and 2 to test formations ) .. and many are inactive managers
    you must be dreaming to think more than 1% pay for this game
    from 11m, less than 1% pay, that is about 100k paying $20 a month ($240 a year), that is equal of 24m

2- clicks are not $0.01 .. are you joking? i seen google ads paying from $0.03 to $0.8 , if each of those 11m clicked 4 video a day = 1344 a year, is equal $40 (if $0,03) = $440m, even at $0.01 it will be $13.44 = $146m

$146m> $24m
    and that is if it is $0.01 per ads not $0.03 or more

for GOD sake sites like facebook and others live on ads alone .. you are really underestimating the power of ads

2- you forget that without token farmers , less competition meaning token buyers need to spend less now
    Last edited by shwanko07; 06-29-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by shwanko07 View Post
    1- 1m out of 11m buying tokens!!! .. you must be joking? it is 1% at best not 10%.. how many teams you seen in your league were tokens buyers in your last 6 seasons , meaning have more than 6-8 scouts? rememberpeople can buy scouts with offers, and farming like me , and i have full teams of scouts 17 of them are scouts and all from farming
    you forget that many of that 11m are double or 4th or 6 accounts (i have 6 personally, 4 or boosters and 2 to test formations ) .. and many are inactive managers
    you must be dreaming to think more than 1% pay for this game
    from 11m, less than 1% pay, that is about 100k paying $20 a month ($240 a year), that is equal of 24m

2- clicks are not $0.01 .. are you joking? i seen google ads paying from $0.03 to $0.8 , if each of those 11m clicked 4 video a day = 1344 a year, is equal $40 (if $0,03) = $440m, even at $0.01 it will be $13.44 = $146m

$146m> $24m
    and that is if it is $0.01 per ads not $0.03 or more

for GOD sake sites like facebook and others live on ads alone .. you are really underestimating the power of ads

2- you forget that without token farmers , less competition meaning token buyers need to spend less now
    Your numbers for clicks are way too high. I did the research. These are not google ads, which are pay per click, these are pay per view ads which pay much much less.

Follow the Money with PPV Advertising - 'Net Features - Website Magazine

Your numbers for clicks are way too high. I did the research. These are not google ads, which are pay per click, these are pay per view ads which pay much much less.

Follow the Money with PPV Advertising - 'Net Features - Website Magazine
    man i give you the price of the minimum which is 0.01 and still is 6 times more than token buyers

Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast