Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer in one or two players now?

Transfer in one or two players now?

I have played the last game of the season and I have about 1 million in the bank. I have to get a striker and a DMC as I am horribly lacking at these positions. Now that the league is over, and that I will get promoted, the players star rating will drop. Should I just wait for the prize and the beginning of the season to make these transfers? Or shall I take a chance to get them for the first round of the Cup games as well? If I do get them, what are the things that I have to keep in mind so that the transfers don't feel like a waste to me next season too?

Apprentice
    if you wait until tomorrow, youll be able to get players that are rated 5 better than the best player you see currently waiting to go at auction. youre squad will no doubt be better than your cup opponent tomorrow, mine all were when i first started. for example the best player in your auction list right now will be rated 24 i believe and have 5 stars. tomorrow morning youll wake up and see the best players at the auction will have an average rating of 29 and 5 stars. all because of you going up a level.

your players rating doesnt drop, they just lose a star because they are advancing a level higher. they wont be any worse than they are right now, but theyll be playing against better players next season, however many of your players will still excell at that level. you really dont have much to be concerned with at this stage. but if there are players you feel you need to sign, wait until tomorrow
    CoolioFC - Lvl 13, season 13.
    Squad ave: 75.5
    League Championships: 5 (1,3,6,7,8)
    Champions League:
    Cup: 1

Very helpful, thanks. I will just wait for tomorrow then. Another thing. I go up in to level 2 tomorrow and not on the day when the league kicks off? If that's so, it would be better to get the players tomorrow, and with the budget I have, I can get them too I feel.

Apprentice
    yeah, everything changes tonight. so youll have a couple of days to make signings before the season starts. like i said, every season i have had very easy opponents in the first round of the cup, so i expect youll be fine.

good luck in the market, its hugely competitive, but youll get the hang of it and learn new things. ive just got the hang of it after 5 seasons
    Champions League:

Quote Originally Posted by Anuragcfc View Post
    Very helpful, thanks. I will just wait for tomorrow then. Another thing. I go up in to level 2 tomorrow and not on the day when the league kicks off? If that's so, it would be better to get the players tomorrow, and with the budget I have, I can get them too I feel.
    I think the league starts 2 days after the next season actually starts, So those 2 days won't have a match.
    Wolf FC

Apprentice
    cup games jordan
    Champions League:

Quote Originally Posted by fall View Post
    yeah, everything changes tonight. so youll have a couple of days to make signings before the season starts. like i said, every season i have had very easy opponents in the first round of the cup, so i expect youll be fine.

good luck in the market, its hugely competitive, but youll get the hang of it and learn new things. ive just got the hang of it after 5 seasons
    Yeah, Level 2's market is REALLY REALLY competitive, its like the last level that players actually have a lot of interest in the game, I still have interest and I am going to Level 3, at like 3am I was spending about 15 tokens just to sign a decent-player. I hope Level 3 is less competitive, but I have more tokens this season (last season I had 9 to use use lol), I have 49 now so I'm hoping that helps me get a new ML, Second Striker, MC, MR, and DC. (6m to spend for those, think I will do it?)
    Wolf FC

Apprentice
    just get players youre desperate for and see how much you have left. you have to be careful at the start not to run out of resources.
    Champions League:

Quote Originally Posted by fall View Post

Hugely competitive. Wonderful thing. And I assume there wouldn't be too many bot teams around now in level 2? I don't have enough tokens though. Got like 2 right now. Going to be downloading free apps to get them then. Good luck to you too.

Apprentice
    na, theres still alot of them about. ive got them at level 5 still. if you ont have enough, youre squad at this stage will still be good enough i would of thought.
    Champions League:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast