Page 163 of 224 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2239
Like Tree1040Likes

Thread: Season 42

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    RR Cup, Semi-Finals, 1st Leg

New Team: 3n-1-3w-1-2, 4-1-4-1, 3n-2w-2n-2w-1
    Salvatore FC: 4-3-1-2, 3n-1-3w-1-2, 3w-2mc-3am-2, 3n-2mc-3am-2

Well, what to say, if not that we deserved much, much, much more than this. To start off, we have now the certainty that our opponent is a mere personal trainer, with absolutely and remotely not a single clue about this game. Proof is that he fielded his normal setup, and didn't even bother to take an eye on us shaping from ND to Dandelion 5 minutes before the start. And as we started, against him and 5 friends (alts?) supporting against us, we already were pressuring them and it was still early when we went ahead with Stark over a personal action. The guy realized probably at that point that if we fired out Kaiserslauten and Koln it wasn't sheer luck, but lacking any possible knowledge or ability he did what every Doll does when filled with tokens: he copied our Dandelion setup, gaining some field due to his overwhelming quality.

But since we're no nubs, at minute 30' we were already ahead of him shaping a 4-1-4-1 and knowing he'd pull out an offensive setup soon or late. Sure he was playing offensive and arrowed (personal trainer's troll rage) we did what we usually avoid: we gave reds on our central mids, and another one to Stark, clicking that little apparently useless button named "force counter attacks". After 9 minutes, we were A)Gaining pressure due to our module change, forcing them to foul us several times, and pitifully none of them being a goal from FK, and B) using his rage right against him having none less than 4 counters towards their keeper, with 3 going wide and the last one being the 2-0 thanks to the red arrowed MC Altun serving a good cross to the red arrowed Stark.

In the second half, we kept having the play in our hands, and THANKS to the ****ty platform it took 5 minutes to us to be informed of another setup change by the opponents. While we were shaping the butterfly, we had our usual let-down: like alwais, a shoot from 35 meters got in giving them an unearned 2-1. For the rest, the butterfly regained the lost possession and pressure, and disabling the counters gave us two more clean chanches, which were defused once by the keeper, and once by the post going out.

We are VERY proud of this result, even knowing that 99% won't be enough to grant us the Final. A 2-0 would have given us about 55% chanches, while atm we navigate around 30%. But we're proving to be effectively and ultimately the best team on our server, despite quality and all the other ****. Would of have been Tokened up in this season, i wonder where we'd have ended up.
    How did the 3N-1-3W-1-2 do against it?

I believe a 4-1-1-2W-2 also works well against 4-3W-1-2, worked well for me and a friend.

Very well done... You see, a lot of people just buy tokens and personal train their players... And most of these people are clueless and just buy to win! You showed him! Hopefully you can continue to show him how it's done in the 2nd leg.
    Morgan O'Bree and ppturano like this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Well, what to say, if not that we deserved much, much, much more than this. To start off, we have now the certainty that our opponent is a mere personal trainer, with absolutely and remotely not a single clue about this game. Proof is that he fielded his normal setup, and didn't even bother to take an eye on us shaping from ND to Dandelion 5 minutes before the start. And as we started, against him and 5 friends (alts?) supporting against us, we already were pressuring them and it was still early when we went ahead with Stark over a personal action. The guy realized probably at that point that if we fired out Kaiserslauten and Koln it wasn't sheer luck, but lacking any possible knowledge or ability he did what every Doll does when filled with tokens: he copied our Dandelion setup, gaining some field due to his overwhelming quality.

But since we're no nubs, at minute 30' we were already ahead of him shaping a 4-1-4-1 and knowing he'd pull out an offensive setup soon or late. Sure he was playing offensive and arrowed (personal trainer's troll rage) we did what we usually avoid: we gave reds on our central mids, and another one to Stark, clicking that little apparently useless button named "force counter attacks". After 9 minutes, we were A)Gaining pressure due to our module change, forcing them to foul us several times, and pitifully none of them being a goal from FK, and B) using his rage right against him having none less than 4 counters towards their keeper, with 3 going wide and the last one being the 2-0 thanks to the red arrowed MC Altun serving a good cross to the red arrowed Stark.

In the second half, we kept having the play in our hands, and THANKS to the ****ty platform it took 5 minutes to us to be informed of another setup change by the opponents. While we were shaping the butterfly, we had our usual let-down: like alwais, a shoot from 35 meters got in giving them an unearned 2-1. For the rest, the butterfly regained the lost possession and pressure, and disabling the counters gave us two more clean chanches, which were defused once by the keeper, and once by the post going out.

We are VERY proud of this result, even knowing that 99% won't be enough to grant us the Final. A 2-0 would have given us about 55% chanches, while atm we navigate around 30%. But we're proving to be effectively and ultimately the best team on our server, despite quality and all the other ****. Would of have been Tokened up in this season, i wonder where we'd have ended up.
    That is a great result with the quality for the oppo, well done, I hope you get the job done in the return!
    Morgan O'Bree likes this.
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

This is an excellent win, surpassing the draw against William Asset last season, I have my betting odds on 1/3 that his first XI for the start of the second leg will be all 9* players due to the abuse of the credit card. I really, really hope you can finish this off in the 2nd leg. COME ON NEW TEAM!
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Well done mate, great example of tactics winning over pure $.

On a side note, Securas GT delivered another win, maintaining the difference to the league's leader, and benefiting from the surprising draw conceded by the third place to get a 4 points lead over it.

"We were lucky, as we had both our main wingers out of action, and our opponent's tactic was a perfect match for a center focused strategy. Our next opponent seems to use a similar tactic, so we'll have some time to recover Feindouno (injured). But Dzsudsak already did his suspension time, so he'll be available just in case we need to adapt."

Breaking News - THE DAILY MIRROR

The daily mirror says that July Fourth are in deep discussions of working major miracles in football. Trying to turn the clock back in time... They are believed to be coming very close to securing the signing of Dr. Emmett Brown who is very very important in rejuvenating an important July Fourth player and without Dr. Emmett Brown signing up for July Fourth then this "trick" will not be possible.
    Ljepoje likes this.

Dreamer
    looks like league champion has been decided :/ ?

Lam FC were leading on GD until round 10 when their team succumbed to SANSINDO and I defeated both SANSINDO and Lam FC in round 12 and 13 to have a 6 points lead.

7 rounds later, Lam FC's manager has been away on leave and their club performance plummeted while SANSINDO has every reasons to be disappointed after strengthening their squad but did not get huge improvements on performance.

13 points clear on top of the table but this is yet another disappointing season after being eliminated so early in Cup

Quote Originally Posted by NeoWilson View Post
    looks like league champion has been decided :/ ?

Lam FC were leading on GD until round 10 when their team succumbed to SANSINDO and I defeated both SANSINDO and Lam FC in round 12 and 13 to have a 6 points lead.

7 rounds later, Lam FC's manager has been away on leave and their club performance plummeted while SANSINDO has every reasons to be disappointed after strengthening their squad but did not get huge improvements on performance.

13 points clear on top of the table but this is yet another disappointing season after being eliminated so early in Cup

A disappointing season? I'd trade off some of my silverware for an opportunity of a 26-0-0 league season, the only thing I somehow never managed to complete.

I've done 26-0 twice, just level 2 and 3, but it's still in the bag

2nd last season in the CL, really want to get that one this season. In the semis, and looking across at the other 3 teams, I am fav for it. The biggest threat are a team from my league. They beat me in the very first match, but I got my revenge in the 2nd match up. I'm sure he's eyeing me and thinking same. But I have trained the bejaysis out of my team since, and sold off the crud and bought some decent players in the negotiations that I already have to scout level and heading for WC.

South Wales Post - Sporting News

Wolf FC are looking to find a major investor by the end of the season to fuel a larger Token & Cash transfer budget because without that the Manager and Chairman are having increasing interest in something called ************ Manager *013.

On a more serious note Wolf FC have been spilled out of the Champions League in their Quarter finals second leg draw which is heart-breaking to the club. Wolf FC will appoint a new Manager at the end of the season because current Manager Jordan White is off to manage Swansea on ************* Manager *013.
    Wolf FC

Great result in cup.