Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 50 tokens down the drain...

Rookie

50 tokens down the drain...

A few weeks back I wrote about the fact that you can't tell how good a player will be just by looking at it's star rating and price.
    My theory was that players have hidden attributes, so there's no way of telling what you're gonna get.

Well this season I bought a scout GK and hoped for the best.
    this is what I got:

50 tokens down the drain...-untitled-1.jpg

The worst goalkeeper I have ever had...I've just kissed 50 tokens goodbye...

Banned
    after 3 games you throw him to the dogs. a career is more than 3 games. People like you shouldnt be playing this game if you are so impatient. I am guessin you are a serious token buyer because of the 5 star team, so you want bang for your buck, but you have to realize that not everyone buys tokens and are happy to give a scout a chance if they have them. Chill

Apprentice
    Torres would probably be hanged if he were in T11

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by foulmouthbiotch View Post
    after 3 games you throw him to the dogs. a career is more than 3 games. People like you shouldnt be playing this game if you are so impatient. I am guessin you are a serious token buyer because of the 5 star team, so you want bang for your buck, but you have to realize that not everyone buys tokens and are happy to give a scout a chance if they have them. Chill
    you obviously don't know me and don't know what you're talking about...

first of all, I have NEVER bought a single token

second, a player that plays that bad, will keep performing this way throughout the season (with an occasional 7-8).
    only next season will he perform a little better. the problem is I need a GK THIS SEASON and not the next...

and third, I didn't "throw him to the dogs", I just need to find a better GK and make this one the sub...

oh, and forth - I didn't like your attitude... try being more supportive next time...

Super Moderator PricopGeorgeCătălin's Avatar
    huh, I have same problem like you, also I had problems with 2, 6 stars scouters dml/dmr only 4,5,6.... so I will have to change them.

Apprentice
    Hehe, he's not your mother ... try to be more supportive, hilarious!

But seriously, don't come on here and gripe about something and expect flowers and chocolates. And yeah, it sucks to buy a scout and perform not as adequately as you need.
    foulmouthbiotch likes this.

It does happen, I buy maybe 2-3 scouts a season, and have had a few that perform really badly. Even had one once that I gave a good run of games etc and he became World Class (24 y/o), his form didn't pick up and I sold him.

I have tried just buying very good 5* and training them up, but have decided on the whole, overwhelmingly the scouts are worth it.

If you only buy the odd one, and he sucks, that's a big hit though.
    olina1 and Yinhung like this.

League
    Champions: Season 1 2 5 6 7 8
    Runners up: Season 3 4 9 10

Champions league
    Winners: Season 4 6 7
    Runners up:
    3rd place: Season 3 5 8 10

CUP
    Winners: Season 6
    Runners up:
    3rd Place: Season 1 5

Quote Originally Posted by itayfranko View Post
    A few weeks back I wrote about the fact that you can't tell how good a player will be just by looking at it's star rating and price.
    My theory was that players have hidden attributes, so there's no way of telling what you're gonna get.

Well this season I bought a scout GK and hoped for the best.
    this is what I got:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	10481

The worst goalkeeper I have ever had...I've just kissed 50 tokens goodbye...
    How many goals have you conceded this season? and have you been winning games like 5-0,6-0,7-0 etc? Because there is a chance your GK has had nothing to do in those games and because if your GK does nothing the NGE automatically gives a poor rating.
    herdo and Yinhung like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    How many goals have you conceded this season? and have you been winning games like 5-0,6-0,7-0 etc? Because there is a chance your GK has had nothing to do in those games and because if your GK does nothing the NGE automatically gives a poor rating.
    I wish!.... only managed to draw and lose against weaker teams so far...
    Meanwhile, I bought another GK, 5 stars from the regular TM and he's doing much better... :-)

The moral of the story is, keep ya cash in ya pocket.
    LEDDY FC Level 7
    HONOURS
    League Champions 5 times (undefeated season 2 and 6) Runners Up x 1 grrr
    Cup Winners Season 5 (Wembley Stadium)
    Champions league Winners season 5 (Float Marina Singapore)(Cup Double)
    Champions league Winners season 4 (Joy at The Nou Camp )(League and CL Double)
    Champions League Finalist season 2 (The Amsterdam Arena Spud Gun/Helmet Cheese Penalty fiasco )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast