Page 81 of 194 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast
Like Tree3111Likes

Thread: Season 44

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    What is happening with your team Cat?
    Just to inform that I am not playing with Ivana this round

Close but not enough
    RR Cup Third Round Draw

The third round draw has been made and it sees July Fourth take on "El Capo FC" and they are a L24 team in the same league as Fontanellese who we just beaten, They have 134.6 quality and they do have a mixture of 6*-9* players including 2 players at 9* compared to us. This looks like a tough tie once again but it's another team we can fancy our chances of beating and progressing to the last 16.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

League Round 5 - Mini Fightback

BESIKTAS 1-2 July Fourth

BESIKTAS 130.6 4-3N-1-2 - July Fourth 135.7 dandelion first half, 3-5-2 V 2nd half

As expected this was a tough game against the next best quality wise team in the league, the scout buyers BESIKTAS which included many 6* players and a 7* AMC shadow striker, We decided to bring out the old dandelion for the game which is usually a good counter for any formation that had 3N midfield, We put the pressure on BESIKTAS early on with many of attacks being blocked by their defence or tackles being made but was BESIKTAS that took the lead on 33 minutes form a corner when Moss crossed into Sampaio to header it past Knight to score. BESIKTAS were now on top in the game and Sampaio and Rafelli both tried to test our defenders further but Calavicci was again having a great game back in defence for us once again. We switched to the 3-5-2 V and we found better joy against the BESIKTAS defence and perhaps the formation change won us the game. Brook had a shot blocked for BESIKTAS before July Fourth staged a mini fightback in which Brook made a mistake that allowed Pietropaolo to go on the counter and run with it past the defence and beats the keeper 1v1 to get us our equaliser, Sampaio was cut out by Calavicci in the next move and then Kusama was injured in which we had to bring on Diamond into play, Beckett's free-kick went wide, but Brook once again made a foul that gave the game away because on this occasion with the free-kick Beckett sent it over the wall and into the back of the net, July Fourth were in the lead and were looking for the 3rd goal, Miku-Zidane had a chance from 30 meters blocked by Desailly and also tried to play a pass into our strikers but was cut out by West, Calavicci made an important tackle on Rafelli to ensure that we take the 3 points here.

Goals: Sampaio (33) Pietropaolo (62) Beckett (74) MOTM: Calavicci.

Team Talk: Well... We can be happy about this result because it was important to win this game here and perhaps end any title ambitions that BESIKTAS had at the beginning of the season, We are on 13 points now after 5 games and BESIKTAS have only got 3 points so far as they have lost 4 of their first 5 games of the season in the league.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Good luck JF I believe you will need it in Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by reddeviljohn View Post
    We are playing against 4-4-2 in the league again but they are 3* surly we can't get done again!
    Try 4-1-4-1

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

I find 4-4-2 works against 4-4-2 tbh. And change to a 4-1-3-2 or 4-3-1-2 depending how the game is going. And if you're squad are a lot stronger, 4-4[ND]- 2 cuts right through the middle.
    It's all luck, nothing more. Whether bad or good.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    What is happening with your team Cat?
    A fairly competitive league, with lots of active managers, and I actually think my players didn't like all the training, even though they were "fully rested" they play like tired men.... I have done with training so I really hope they wake up!

Season 44-gr.jpg Season 44-grr.jpg

See red circles... at least my new young keeper got a 9! Even if my forwards can't hit the side of a barn (looking on the bright side...)
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 08-31-2013 at 12:57 PM.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    A fairly competetive league, with lots of active managers, and I actually think my players didn't like all the training, even though they were "fully rested" they play like tired men.... I have done with training so I really hope they wake up!

[vATTACH=CONFIG]11692[/ATTACH] Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grr.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	11693

See red circles... at least my new young keeper got a 9! Even if my forwards can't hit the side of a barn (looking on the bright side...)
    I have the same thing that my team not score so much. Missing many chances.

But Go P.Dijks :P
    Cat Harrison and Chester FC like this.

League, round 5

Perfect Tactics 5-0 Indra FC

Perfect Tactics: 77.6, 4-1-4-1/butterfly | Indra FC: 66.1, 4-4-2 classic

We beat an unbeaten team by a very convincing scoreline and we are now 2 points clear of the rest of the pack. A foul in the 3rd minute of the game resulted in an indirect free kick and Suparman set up Shlimazl for 1-0. We had a lot of chances to score and Shlimazl and Petersen Jr missed several 1 on 1 chances. There was always a worry that Indra FC would strike back but they didn't and 3 goals in 7 minutes in the 2nd half killed off any hope of a shock result. Warmwater headed in from a corner for 2-0 and then Shlimazl set up Vittalone to smash in the 3rd goal. Petersen came on in the 63rd minute and instantly set up Nascimento from a corner and Petersen himself scored a late goal when he was through on goal and added yet another goal to his ever growing tally.

Goals: Shlimazl (3'), Warmwater (57'), Vittalone (58'), Nascimento (63'), Petersen (90')
    MOTM: Warmwater

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Try 4-1-4-1
    OK, will give it a go!
    F.C. United
    League Won 11
    League Runner up 4
    Cup Won 3
    Cup Finalist 3
    Champions League Won 5
    Champions League Finalist 9

Season 23 Level 23

United Til I Die
    League Won 12
    League Runner Up 4
    Champions League Won 2
    Champions League Finalist 7
    Cups Won 1
    Cup Finalist 2

Season 32 Level 27 (Retired)

Ridiculous match. After two leads 1:0 and 2:1 I lose at the end from a team until now with four lost games. Of course 7 day injury as a engine gift. Not investing a token or a booster this season.