Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: How does the bidding system work?

You win an auction if:

1. You are the only bidder in the current round or
    2. there are no bidders in the current round and you hold the lead bid from the previous round.

If you don't bid in the current round, because you had the leading bid in the previous one, you run the risk of a late bid becoming the only bid in the current round and thus winning.

Okay let the master of bidding explain.
    First of - You never bid more than once per round in the beginning. It's just stupid cuz it wont help you anyway. It doesnt matter who stands as number 1 if several others have put a bid.
    As long you have bid in a round, you are qualified for the next round. It's simply "last man standing" Until you're the last one put a bid.

My tactic (i do buy tokens - so dont follow my tips if u dont do the same as me)
    But what I do after like 20 bidding rounds is to show who's the king. (or whatever round I decide to push)
    So let's say its 30sec left of bidding round 20. And I decide that it's enough now. Then i just spam... i dont care if i waste away 50 tokens during those 20 sec... since I always get what i want.

But for you who doesnt buy tokens and dont have many, maybe only 10 or such..
    My recomendation would be that you just bid once per round first 6 rounds... and when it is 5 sec left of bidding round 7, u click the button 4 times a row. U scare away the opponent - and u will also bid at the very last second.

Hope this helped.

But if u are SANE - dont do as i do.

EDIT: Make sure to place your bid when it is as most 1 second left. Its a thin line btw having the last bid, and to miss to even place a bid. But you'll learn Try to place your bid with as few seconds left as possible for each round. And once you decide to push - you just spam bid button the last 10-20 seconds so the opponents understand that you are crazy ^^
    Last edited by Tommy Vernersson; 05-18-2014 at 03:06 PM.
    Club: For My Stephanie
    League Champions (Season 5 - Level 5.)
    League Champions (Season 4 - Level 4.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 3 - Level 3.)
    Double = League & CL Champions (Season 2 - Level 2.)
    League Champions (Season 1 - Level 1.)
    SERVER : 86
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...dish-team.html <--- My Team's Showcase.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Vernersson View Post
    Okay let the master of bidding explain.
    First of - You never bid more than once per round in the beginning. It's just stupid cuz it wont help you anyway.
    As long you have bid in a round, you are qualified for the next round. It's simply "last man standing"

My tactic (i do buy tokens - so dont follow my tips if u dont do the same as me)
    But what I do after like 20 bidding rounds is to show who's the king.
    So let's say its 30sec left of bidding round 20. Then i just spam... i dont care if i waste away 50 tokens during those 20 sec... since I always get what i want.

But for you who doesnt buy tokens and dont have many, maybe only 10 or such..
    My recomendation would be that you just bid once per round first 6 rounds... and when it is 5 sec left of bidding round 7, u click the button 4 times a row. U scare away the opponent - and u will also bid at the very last second.

Hope this helped.

But if u are SANE - dont do as i do.
    No need to do that - I normally walk away before it gets to 20 rounds - the player usually isn't worth more than about 10 rounds to me.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5
    League Winners Levels: 1, 2, 3 & 4
    Champions League Winners Levels 2 & 3
    Double X 2 (League and Champions League), Levels: 2 & 3

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Well I never get into a bidding war if I don't want the player. And if I do want the player I get the player... why waste away 10 tokens for nothing? Let's say I have 50 tokens left only... and I'm up against another crazy person like myself... Then I just refill with 500 Tokens in the middle of the bidding war..

To give up on a player doesn't exist for me. And that's why I've never lost a bid ever.

I know it's sick But who cares really. I Just tried to help others.

But most often its enough with 1 token for me, since i mainly use my tokens to buy money - to afford really expensive young fast trainers.
    I never go into a bidding war with an average player.

Addicted
    Well I never get into a bidding war if I don't want the player. And if I do want the player I get the player... why waste away 10 tokens for nothing? Let's say I have 50 tokens left only... and I'm up against another crazy person like myself... Then I just refill with 500 Tokens in the middle of the bidding war..

To give up on a player doesn't exist for me. And that's why I've never lost a bid ever.

I know it's sick But who cares really. I Just tried to help others.
    Fair enough. I normally win, because I don't tend to go for the ones that are obviously more popular, or I wait and go for ones that no-one else can afford.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Quote Originally Posted by John Naish View Post
    Fair enough. I normally win, because I don't tend to go for the ones that are obviously more popular, or I wait and go for ones that no-one else can afford.
    Exactly John! If you buy tokens sometime, then do as i do - and trust me when i say that it is worth it. (Buy alot of money for your tokens) Because when a really expensive young player comes up - not many, if even any can afford him. It's usually enough with 1 token for me.. as most I think it has been 5 tokens.

But if i go for a less expensive player than its total war - and as you said "it is not worth it" But IF I entered the bidding war, then i fullfil it. Since I am insane ^^ But it's better to go for 3-4 really expensive YOUNG players. You don't have to spend many tokens on the bidding at all. You spend tokens on money.

Like every scout player I got now (8) atm.. have cost me 1-5 tokens.
    But my 27-28 quality players have cost me 20-30 tokens each. Get my point? It's not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    You win an auction if:

1. You are the only bidder in the current round or
    2. there are no bidders in the current round and you hold the lead bid from the previous round.

If you don't bid in the current round, because you had the leading bid in the previous one, you run the risk of a late bid becoming the only bid in the current round and thus winning.
    That's why you spam the last 5 seconds of whatever round you decide to make the push

Addicted
    That's why you spam the last 5 seconds of whatever round you decide to make the push
    There's no need to spam, nor is there any point - if they are going to continue to bid then they will continue to bid whether you choose to waist tokens or not.
    FC Bristbury
    Season 5, Level 5

Murray to win Wimbledon!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast