Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: What do you think of the SUPPORTING feature in live games?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kannibalus View Post
    Hi craciot, I have already stated this somewhere else, but it fits good into the context. I think this is a probability thing. You can compare it with a roll of a dice. For example if you have 80% possession then Nordeus gives you 4 dices and the opponent 1 dice. Occationally you roll 4x1 and the opponent 1x5 or 6 and he wins. Same thing with red/yellow cards and injuries. Maybe if your players fitness is good he gets 3 dices and if you roll a 5 or higher he doesn't get injured. Players with bad fitness/morale would then get only 2 dices for example. You can only improve your chances (more dices) but you cannot have 100% certainty that you won't roll the low numbers.

I am Poker player and I see this a lot in Poker forums. People complain "The opponent hit their 2-outer again and again, the site must be hacked!" As long as the probability for an event is not zero, it will happen from time to time. And we tend to remember these events particularly well, while we easily forget those times where the expected "normal" result happened.
    I totally agree with you but they should factor in a failsafe of sorts, that it is impossible to win with 8 players vs 10 with an illegal formation against much higher quality. There are just some situations that winning is impossible. They have yet to fix it so that when there are these situations, the team that is supposed to lose, actually loses. There have been some absolutely mind-blowing, illogical, troll wins posted on this forum that defy explanation.

You are bang on the mark about the dice-rolling aspect though. its a roll of the dice each time you train, which is a good example that I have discussed in detail in another thread. This is a game based on numbers since there is no action one can manipulate. So numbers and odds are what we are dealing with, much like poker. Only thing is, there is a best hand that cannot be beat in poker (lets forget about the bluffing and bidding aspect of the game for this example). I have seen several managers with this equivalent of the best poker hand and you want to tell me that someone can and should beat it on occasion?

The game engine needs an overhaul, as does nordeus management.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    No, this is not football, this is T11, apparently a big difference.

Barca will never lose with 80% possession, and if they did, it would be because they had guns to their heads. True story. Well not that they had 80% possession and lost, but they played and lost because they were threatened.
    Agreed!!! And their opponent will surely not have more 'total shots' than them!!!

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Quote Originally Posted by Kannibalus View Post
    Today I supported a friend who was playing an illegal formation, hence he had only 20% possession. After 0:1 against him, I walked out of the game. When I checked the ranking later I found out he won 3:2.
    This is football my friends. Anything can happen, even Barca can lose with 80% possession.
    Thanks for that. It backs up my point somewhat. When you were supporting your friend, they were losing. But when you went away, they suddenly played better and won. As I said, I think supporting actually hinders.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123