Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What Just Happened ? How Is This Possible ?

Rookie
    I don't mind the illegal formation rule, but I don't think it is very well named. The formations are not 'illegal' in any sense of the word, they just come with an in-built penalty. They should be called 'unbalanced' or 'non-standard' or something rather than illegal.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Piemaster View Post
    I don't mind the illegal formation rule, but I don't think it is very well named. The formations are not 'illegal' in any sense of the word, they just come with an in-built penalty. They should be called 'unbalanced' or 'non-standard' or something rather than illegal.
    Start calling them something else and see if it cathes on, my guess is it won't. That's the term forum users came up with and not Nordeus.

Dreamer
    I still think it should at least be mention in the initial tutorial... or have some sort of warning when we save one, just like the sort we get when we place a player on a wrong position. This because it isn't always logical.
    Missing a GK obviously is "logically" bad, but my formation had nothing "illegal" or really out of place.

I didn't have wingers (3-1-3-1-2), but that is really what would have worked against my opponent, in a real life match that is :

---ST-----ST--

------AMC-----

---MC-MC-MC--

------DMC-----

---DC-DC-DC---

(He didn't have wingers on his attack, and his defense was really weak in the middle and strong on the wings)

Basically, my mistake was using logic... to an illogical problem, : (
    Last edited by kebess; 09-05-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Dreamer
    In fact, that formation was so good against his that I managed to score 2 goals, and almost had a draw, even though my team had the ball only 20% of the time... Guess next time I'll simply throw in a MR/ML instead of a MC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12