Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: What Just Happened ? How Is This Possible ?

Dreamer

What Just Happened ? How Is This Possible ?

I just played a Cup game against a worst team (I had a better player at every single corresponding position, and my tactic was normal, and even somewhat aggressive with my tackles).

My overall team strength was 22.7 (but my line up was even higher, about 25), and the opponent's 20.7 (line up about 20.5), and I had players with more special abilities as well. 8 special abilities for my team, only 2 for his.

I was present during the whole match, which took place in my stadium, and thus I had a bonus of +13% possession. The opponent manager was not present. He had no bonus.

Despite all of the above, the opponent managed to have a grand total of 80% possession at the end of the game ??? 80%, and my team, only 20% naturally.

How is this possible ?? I'm not talking about a lucky 55% / 45%, (or even 60 / 40). This was an absurd 80% / 20% for him, despite all of my advantages stated above.

Please help me understand this, or I'll simply stop this game, because this is nonsense to me, and if this sort of craziness is possible, then I guess, there's something I'm missing.

Thanks.

PS: My problem isn't really losing the match, even though that on its own is pretty amazing, considering all the advantages I had. My problem is how could the opponent have that superiority over my team ?
    Last edited by kebess; 09-05-2013 at 01:45 PM.

Illegal formation!

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Apprentice
    Sry bud you must have played an illegal formation you should look at this
    Definitive Illegal Formation Rules
    Regarding the wiki:
    The requirements originally listed in the wiki have been proven WRONG where they differed from those given here (e.g. the wiki listed a requirement of TWO defenders vs our findings of THREE.) The wiki now matches the requirements given here except for the midfielder rule. The evidence still supports the findings in this thread.

This is the summary of the findings in the thread:

Theoretical Legal Formation Requirements:

Goalkeeper (Must be player's natural position i.e. a GK) **
    Some combination of at least 3 defenders (i.e. 3 players anywhere in the back row )
    At least 1, but no more than 2, players on EACH outside flank. {the D(L/R), DM(L/R), M(L/R), AM(L/R) slots}
    at least 3 midfielders (DM*, M*, AM*) at least one of which has to be an DMC or MC
    At least 4 players on the opponents side of the pitch.
    at least 1 Striker

Please note:

"Illegal formation" means it incurs a possession penalty in the game Top Eleven.
    We can't change that, if you don't like it, take it up with Nordeus.
    Using an Illegal formation results in 20% possession. Yes, you might still win.
    The above "rules" have been TESTED and confirmed many times. They are accurate to the best of my knowledge.
    Please provide evidence (in-game screenshots) if you believe the findings above are wrong. "That's not true" because "I used ...." or "I played against ..." comments will be ignored without supporting evidence (screenshots).
    Post-match results are inconclusive for various reasons. If a formation appears to be legal, but shows a 20% possession in post-match results (one you didn't watch), first check the GK in the game - if that is his natural position, and you find no other reason for the possession penalty, test the formation yourself. If it IS illegal, make a screenshot and post here please.

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Anyone thats unsure whats illegal formation or not should test it in a friendly against a known legal formation such as 4-4-2 and if they only get 20% possession with the formation in question then the formation is illegal.

Please show your formation. I guess you are playing your players OOP or GK not natural.

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC

Dreamer

Rookie
    There is your problem. You require at least 1, max. 2 players on each wing (DL/DML/ML/AML and DR/DMR/MR/AMR). Silly and sad you had to find out the hard way that illegal formations exist!

Dreamer
    God damn it... why didn't they talk about this in the initial tutorial ? This is a rather important information... No ? : )

Dreamer
    Thank you all for those quick answers. Guess, I've learned my lesson.

Welcome to the forum Kebess, you can now see how this forum and it's members can help you . good luck for the rest of the season
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Rowland Is the Fat conTROLLer

Check http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...ion-rules.html to see which requirements a formation has to be legal.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast