Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: are players match ratings random?

Rookie
    What matters for GKs' rating is the number of saves they do. A GK with 4-5 saves will probably get an 8-9 while a GK with no saves will receive a 5-6. (This is assuming you don't set the gk to kick FKs, CKs or penalties so to get goals and assists)
    For the rest of the players what is taken into account is tackling, intercepting, scoring, assisting etc. The more "active" they are in the match script, the better rating they will receive. Particularly for mcs orders have a big impact to their "script activity". ex. Attacking down both flanks usually results in a low rating for the central mc (if you use one).
    Receiving yellow card(s) means -1 or -2 rating. A direct red could result in -2 or even -3 rating.

p.s. This is all based on my personal experience
    Last edited by Deghinsea; 09-21-2013 at 12:32 PM.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    That certainly tallies with my experience, it seems no matter what I do my GK is twiddling his thumbs. But I also don't know how to make my DMCs happier, do they want arrows? I have been trying to play with no arrows for awhile since I have all positions.
    Deghinsea likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    That certainly tallies with my experience, it seems no matter what I do my GK is twiddling his thumbs. But I also don't know how to make my DMCs happier, do they want arrows? I have been trying to play with no arrows for awhile since I have all positions.
    One thing I can say for DMCs is that when you play ND through middle and you use red arrows on the DMC, he tends to score a lot with long shots which results in good rating. They probably need to be a bit balanced on stats for this to happen, though.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Well, since I play ND on a blue moon, this is interesting.

Mine are pretty balanced. I don't know, I have learned to be happy with a 6 from them.

In my main team I had them OOP until them told me which other role they would like to learn...
    but on my little teams I just wind up putting them wherever I feel like on the field and hope for the best.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 09-21-2013 at 01:15 PM.
    Deghinsea likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hod
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB79 View Post
    After my post yesterday ive now got another laugh that is my players match ratings.

I bought a scout player at the start of the season. He is a CM and ive only played him in his proper position and ive kept his condition and more up high and ive given him a good run in the team but, after 20 games his average rating is 5.0!!!

So today I was playing a far weaker team in the league and won 9-0 with my scout CM scoring 1 and assisting on 1 so I thought he must get a good rating today.....nope he gets a 6!!!! I had 4 sevens and 6 eights with my other players!!!!

Anybody got an explanation? I don't expect to spend money buying tokens just to waste 50 of them on this!!!!

Do you understand you have a logic error here?
    If the rating is random then your CM Scout will have 3-4-5-6-7-8-9 random scores.
    Since you write he always get low rates then it is not random at all, the opposite :-)
    got it ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hod View Post
    If the rating is random then your CM Scout will have 3-4-5-6-7-8-9 random scores.
    Since you write he always get low rates then it is not random at all, the opposite :-)
    got it ?
    I have taken a quick look at morale and have found that nobody knows what the criteria are for assigning numbers for form after the game. What I do know is that your morale will go down daily if your form is 7 or less, for the most part. it will barely go up if you get an 8 and you need a 9 to guarantee that your morale actually goes up.

But that is only one aspect of form. I have not seen anyone, forum member or Nordeus Dev/rep, admit to knowing how form and/or morale actually works yet. AND I can guarantee you that Nordeus will continue to remain silent on how their game works and how to play it better.

I dont think this game is structured/complicated enough for morale/form to be anything but a form of randomness. Think about it: the game engine locks the game 3 mins before it starts so it can produce its matrix of results. During that time it determines what results can happen based on all the numbers presented by both teams. THEY SAY that you can influence the results based on your decisions during the game, whether that happens is up for debate, but regardless, after the game, your form is calculated and presented.

The question after the result is published, is how does the game engine decide which players had good games or bad games. I mentioned this in another post: does it calculate it based on passes completed, shots, goals, assists, etc, or is it just a number it assigns, because most of the time, the form is illogical.

Everyone can say that the GK didnt do enough to warrant a good rating if you win handily, but a GK can still have good form and play well even if he only has 2 shots against him. The whole point is that the GK keeps a clean sheet and if he produces a few good saves, it should be worth at least an 8.

The problem is not the game as much as it is the devs for programming it like this. There is no rhyme or reason for many things in this game that the game engine produces, and form/morale is just one of those things that needs explaining from Nordeus.

EDIT: after re-reading this, I would speculate that the amount of influence that each player has on the game to produce the results determines what form is assigned to each player.

Example: scoring goals/assists and how many times a players name is mentioned, MIGHT give you a favourable form rating more often.

Just a theory.....
    Last edited by cracicot; 09-21-2013 at 07:23 PM.
    Cat Harrison and Yinhung like this.

got it ?
    When I mean random I mean have nothing to do with how the player actually played. He scores a goal and assists another in a 9-0 win but he gets a 6?!!! Explain why that would be? Especially when the rest of the team got good ratings.

hod
    Rookie
    I tried one day to think how much programming is needed to create a real 'smart' game that consider any aspect of the game and make it as real as possible.
    At the end i realized that no one can make it like a real game because a real game is not a computer game.
    In real life you are talking about humans with feelings, about momentum about newspaper with gossip and headlines and many extra things that influence the game.
    So it doesn't really matter what are the criteria for the rates because like in real life you cannot expect the unexpected.

do you get me?

Banned
    I tried one day to think how much programming is needed to create a real 'smart' game that consider any aspect of the game and make it as real as possible.
    At the end i realized that no one can make it like a real game because a real game is not a computer game.
    In real life you are talking about humans with feelings, about momentum about newspaper with gossip and headlines and many extra things that influence the game.
    So it doesn't really matter what are the criteria for the rates because like in real life you cannot expect the unexpected.

do you get me?
    nope. it matters in this game because this is what we are playing and talking about, not real life. this is a game that is programmed to do what the programmers program it to do, so it shouldnt be doing anything that is unexpected. They, the devs, have programmed the moral, form, condition etc, and they have their reasons for doing it, but they dont let us know why things work as they do so we can properly play this game.

yes, this game has no players with feelings, that is hardly expected in this game although some people tend to give this game more credit than it deserves.

do you get me?
    Noone is expecting this game to mirror real life 100%, its impossible.

What we do expect is the devs to fix major flaws in the game. For example the stupid friendly system, that doesn't need major programming. It also doesn't take major programming to know that if a player scores a goal and gets an assist in a 9-0 win while the rest of his teammates get 7 and 8 ratings he should get a better rating than a 6!!!!

Do you get me?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast