Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: but it goes Narrowly wide?????

Banned

but it goes Narrowly wide?????

So with 30 min to go, I am up 7-0 to a team playing an illegal formation.

I cant count how many times it says "but it goes narrowly wide!"

REALLY???

Its not like my team is taking its foot off the gas or anything...its 7-0!!!!

So it gets to a certain score and all of a sudden my team cant shoot straight???

Believe me, I want 20-0!

Not only that, but my GK got a 6 rating! He made one save and the other team made NONE!
    Of course he played a 5* DR in the GK position, which explains the score to a point, but I had 22 shots, with 14 on target and 7 went in. His "DR" better get a rating of 1 if my GK got a rating of 6.

Who the f!@k set up this stupid f!@king rating system anyways? I know its a way to make people waste blue boosters for morale, but seriously, someone at Nordeus needs to man-up and explain the system so we can better understand why our best players have a good game and get a suck-ass rating!!!

This was an observation that has a vent, yes, but it was not started with the intention of venting....it just morphed into something like it.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 10-07-2013 at 08:42 PM.

The highest score I've ever won against an "inactive team" in a friendly match was 15-0. And yea, believe me there were a lot of "but it goes narrowly wide!". I think it should be 20-0.....
    Last edited by meis; 10-07-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Dreamer
    Cracicot... you love venting, stop pretending like you don't.

Nonetheless, most of the time, there's much merit to your venting, no doubt. : ) I do agree with your post, I've had STs that scores 3 goals in a match, and yet get a bad rating...
    I simply can't understand why on earth they refuse to explain these sort of things. It can't be just laziness, surely.

Obviously, there's something else, but I don't buy their lame excuse about making the game more unpredictable this way, and ultimately, more fun by discovering things on our own. Major problem with that is, we can NEVER be sure of anything...
    Favorite Formations : 4-1-4-1 // 4-5-1 (F/V) // 4-4-1-1 // 4-4-2

Some thoughts on them :
    http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...-thoughts.html

Banned
    If Nordeous are keeping quiet on things it is because they are arbitrarily decided in the game engine. i.e there is no actual science to it. But if they were to come out and say this... I think we know there would be a 'few' unhappy people...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kebess View Post
    Cracicot... you love venting, stop pretending like you don't.

Nonetheless, most of the time, there's much merit to your venting, no doubt. : ) I do agree with your post, I've had STs that scores 3 goals in a match, and yet get a bad rating...
    I simply can't understand why on earth they refuse to explain these sort of things. It can't be just laziness, surely.

Obviously, there's something else, but I don't buy their lame excuse about making the game more unpredictable this way, and ultimately, more fun by discovering things on our own. Major problem with that is, we can NEVER be sure of anything...
    Where did you read this??? they formally and really said this somewhere??? It makes it MORE unpredictable and fun? There is an amount of fun you can have discovering things, but the problem is that there is no consistency, so it makes confirming discoveries almost impossible.

Laziness, greed, incompetence, ignorance and just plain bad business. That sums up Nordeus. Am I missing a few?

And yes, I like to vent but usually it is for a reason. And I usually make it more of a discussion than an outright vent. Otherwise they all go into the garbage bin called the vent thread.
    Splatter95, thon and Saransh Vatsa like this.

The most annoying thing for me is when a team gets a corner and then get another corner from that, they always score from that 2nd corner.
    thon likes this.
    Huyton Town FC
    Honors:
    Level 1:
    League Champions
    Level 2:
    League Champions(unbeaten) 24-2-0 GF:104 GA:12
    Champions League winners

Level 3:
    League Runner-up
    Champions League 3rd Place

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    Where did you read this??? they formally and really said this somewhere??? It makes it MORE unpredictable and fun?
    Ask the Devs - January 2013 Answers - Top Eleven be a Football Manager

Can the developers release a clear explanation of all aspects of formations and tactics?

There is no “best” strategy you should play. Your team’s strategy should suit your team, the ability of your players, your next opponent and many other factors. An important part of the game is discovering and understanding which tactics and formations are best suited for each opponent you face, and for this reason we leave it to managers to figure them out by themselves.
    Well, they didn't use the words "fun" and "unpredictable", but that's what they are saying, all in all.
    Last edited by kebess; 10-07-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Some thoughts on them :

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kebess View Post
    Ask the Devs - January 2013 Answers - Top Eleven be a Football Manager

Well, they didn't use the works "fun" and "unpredictable", but that's what they are saying, all in all.
    Actually the second part of your post has nothing to do with what we are talking about. It states that tactics and formations are for us to figure out, not the other, more confusing aspects of the game where information is usually given by almost every other game.

The more I think of this, the more I get pissed off at management, not as much at the devs because they are just doing what they are told. It is their decision to hold off on giving ANY information on the game and for that they are the cause of my ire.

Mainly because of this GEM from the ask the devs(lol):

Q: When will managers be able to stop unwanted friendlies and the only way a friendly can go ahead is if both managers agree?

A: We’re trying to figure out a solution for the unwanted friendlies issue, but we don’t think that waiting for approval to be able to play a friendly is an appropriate one.

REALLY? Waiting for approval is NOT an appropriate solution for friendlies????????????????????????????

Since when is forcing a friendly on someone actually appropriate???????????????

Now you see why I like the game but hate the people running it. And I use the term 'like' because there is nothing to love about this game.
    thon likes this.

Dreamer
    Actually the second part of your post has nothing to do with what we are talking about.
    Well, I wouldn't say it has nothing to do with what we are talking about. It really has everything to do with it (provided you understand the educated assumption I made).

They are clearly saying that NOT telling us about how formation and tactics work is important for the game. "Important" meaning, it would improve people experience of the game in the long run.
    The fact we don't know most things, makes the game unpredictable, right ? (and also very annoying often, agreed)

And so if it's supposed to improve our experience of the game, then ultimately it's supposed to be "fun". That's really how I got there. Hope it's clearer, : )

And I do believe this doesn't only apply to formation and tactics... if the question was "Can the developers release a clear explanation of all aspects of ratings ?"

Their answer would have been exactly the same.
    Last edited by kebess; 10-07-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Some thoughts on them :

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post

Since when is forcing a friendly on someone actually appropriate???????????????

Now you see why I like the game but hate the people running it. And I use the term 'like' because there is nothing to love about this game.
    I know right ? These guys have obvious issues with logical thinking...

Some thoughts on them :

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast