Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Anyone had a loss like this?

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    This ^^^^!!!! So much true! I really wish I could use some different modules, but the game would kill my possession for it.
    Especially 2 @ the back, that is really not fair that we can't do this if we choose.
    Raykco likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    Remember this is a game based on numbers. Without numbers from certain formations, the game engine cannot properly choose a result from the matrix.

I agree that it should be up to the manager for his formation, but it becomes a matter of how to program the possession percentage for the devs. These formations are not normal so they slap a 20% possession penalty on them by default. I think this is perfect. But I dont think that a team should be able to win with 20% possession as much as they do. They got the percentage right but they also have to limit the amount of shots on net and fouls suffered.

there is still a lot of work to do on this game. It is too bad they take ages to make the simple fixes. F********G M****NS!
    Ahmet Aygun likes this.

It sucks, but some ilegal formations are really tought to beat.
    I had one game were the other manager only had dr DMC and dl in the back, i was playing with 2 ST in the meadle but only scored at minute 80 from free kick.
    The players can move over the field, whend you are seeing the coments you often see your ST helping in the back. The reason is simple If you can not put the ball in front, you are always being pressed, it a suicidal tactic, but sometimes with this engine works.

I am also against banning any kind of formation. I believe you should be able to use any formation yu want. However if the game has formations that no-one can beat than everyone will use that formations. IRL you can't win an away game with 10 men and without any defense player on pitch and on your tactics. This is a game about football and it should act like a football game. Until they fix the match engine to be more realistic; they should ban people winning matches with illegal formation.
    Last edited by Ahmet Aygun; 10-10-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmet Aygun View Post
    I am also against banning any kind of formation. I believe you should be able to use any formation yu want. However if the game has formations that no-one can beat than everyone will use that formations. IRL you can't win an away game with 10 men and without any defense player on pitch and on your tactics. This is a game about football and it should act like a football game. Until they fix the match engine to be more realistic; they should ban people winning matches with illegal formation.
    So you're against banning formations but you want to ban people winning with illegal formations.

lol....
    Raykco likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    So you're against banning formations but you want to ban people winning with illegal formations.

lol....
    Yes I am against banning illegal formations as long as the match engine is realistic. IRL there is no illegal formation, but as I wrote before you can't win a game without a defense player present in the field. So as long as the match engine is close to reality I don't care about the opposition formation. However if there is a set formation that makes you win all the time regarless of the opposition managers' moves; that should be illegal since it is a way of cheating the match engine.

They are calling the formations illegal because the match engine can't handle those formations. So as long as the match engine could handle them I don't give rat's a ss.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmet Aygun View Post
    Yes I am against banning illegal formations as long as the match engine is realistic. IRL there is no illegal formation, but as I wrote before you can't win a game without a defense player present in the field. So as long as the match engine is close to reality I don't care about the opposition formation. However if there is a set formation that makes you win all the time regarless of the opposition managers' moves; that should be illegal since it is a way of cheating the match engine.

They are calling the formations illegal because the match engine can't handle those formations. So as long as the match engine could handle them I don't give rat's a ss.
    It has to be more serious than that. If you dont take this game seriously (LOL), then you put an illegal formation and should lose as a result. The fact that people win often with illegal formations is ludicrous. Not only do they win with illegal formations, they play players out of position and still win. It is an issue with the game engine and the programming.

I believe you should be warned with a popup that you cannot play an illegal formation or you will lose. 20% possession is too much if they want to penalize you for doing it. Go all the way and make it a default loss, or go all the way and make every formation LEGAL. Put more thought into formations and what effect they will have on the game. Right now, it shows that they dont give a **** and are too lazy to implement it properly. As a result, we have expectations based on their rules and they are not being fulfilled because it is programmed incorrectly. If you are going to penalize a team with 20% possession, then limit their shots on net and fouls suffered as they will not have as much possession. Also, it is extremely rare for a team with 20% possession to actually win. Nuff said.
    Ahmet Aygun likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    It has to be more serious than that. If you dont take this game seriously (LOL), then you put an illegal formation and should lose as a result. The fact that people win often with illegal formations is ludicrous. Not only do they win with illegal formations, they play players out of position and still win. It is an issue with the game engine and the programming.

I believe you should be warned with a popup that you cannot play an illegal formation or you will lose. 20% possession is too much if they want to penalize you for doing it. Go all the way and make it a default loss, or go all the way and make every formation LEGAL. Put more thought into formations and what effect they will have on the game. Right now, it shows that they dont give a **** and are too lazy to implement it properly. As a result, we have expectations based on their rules and they are not being fulfilled because it is programmed incorrectly. If you are going to penalize a team with 20% possession, then limit their shots on net and fouls suffered as they will not have as much possession. Also, it is extremely rare for a team with 20% possession to actually win. Nuff said.
    I do agree. In my case the guy who played with illegal information qualified for the next round. So does %20 possesion made a difference? No!! And believe me I am not a moaning type. I am at level 7 and this is not the first time loosing a cup match or Champs League match. However loosing like this, loosing the game in a most unrealistic way in football hurts. At the end of the day if you do loose regardless of your moves, transfers, training; what is the point? Why are we wasting out time and money on this game then?

I don't expect to qualify in my case, but at least I do expect Nordeus to disqaulify the person who cheated his way out of the cup.

As you suggested if the match engine couldn't handle the "illegal" formations, and if they don't/can't change the match engine; they should result every game that uses "illegal" formation more than 10 minutes as 3-0 loss. Otherwise it is becoming a waste of time imo.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    Remember this is a game based on numbers. Without numbers from certain formations, the game engine cannot properly choose a result from the matrix.

I agree that it should be up to the manager for his formation, but it becomes a matter of how to program the possession percentage for the devs. These formations are not normal so they slap a 20% possession penalty on them by default. I think this is perfect. But I dont think that a team should be able to win with 20% possession as much as they do. They got the percentage right but they also have to limit the amount of shots on net and fouls suffered.

there is still a lot of work to do on this game. It is too bad they take ages to make the simple fixes. F********G M****NS!
    I love how during the entire post you stayed polite and calm (almost boring), then at the very end : F*******G M******NS!, just to spice things up a bit. Priceless !
    Favorite Formations : 4-1-4-1 // 4-5-1 (F/V) // 4-4-1-1 // 4-4-2

Some thoughts on them :
    http://forum.topeleven.com/formation...-thoughts.html

Rookie
    You may as well speak Klingon, same result.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast