Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Anyone had a loss like this?

  1. #1
    Newbie Ahmet Aygun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    42

    Question Anyone had a loss like this?

    I was playing a second leg cup game. Won the first game 1-0(away game). In the second game I was winnging 1-0 and the opposition team had a red card with 10 men in the field. At the beginning of a second half he made 3 subs and started playing with no defense players. His formation was like GK-ML-MC-MC--MR-AM-AM-ST-ST-ST. He won the game 2-1 and I got eleminated from the cup. Now IRL I should have a crushing win. Is this some kind of a cheat? If so what should I do?

    PS. I am at level 7 if it does make any difference.

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    149
    Despite it wont change things, id send a ticket to support asking just " please could you actually tell me how this can happen in a simulation of soccer"?

    They wont fix shit, but might get embarassed in return.

  3. #3
    Newbie Ahmet Aygun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    42
    It is an unbelivable loss for me. I have been playing all kind of football manager games since Championship Manager 93. I don't expect this game to be anywhere close to Championship Manager or Football Manager, but this is a total crap. If this is an illegal formation they should ban him from the cup for this season. If this is not an illegal formation and a 10 men team could beat the opposition in away without a single defense player; I got nothing to say...

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Palma, Mallorca
    Posts
    2,364
    Quote Originally Posted by HateMeNow View Post
    Despite it wont change things, id send a ticket to support asking just " please could you actually tell me how this can happen in a simulation of soccer"?

    They wont fix shit, but might get embarassed in return.
    Embarrass them??? They dont give a shit in the first place, and support would just laugh their asses off - I know...I would.

    This is the reason why I suggest that anyone using an illegal formation defaults the game. And if you do it in game, it shouldnt allow it and should put a person in the necessary position so it wont be illegal by default.

    The trolliest troll result I have seen, EVER. post a screenshot if you can.

  5. #5
    Newbie Ahmet Aygun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    42
    Here is the screenshots:Anyone had a loss like this?-topeleven1.jpgAnyone had a loss like this?-topeleven2.jpgAnyone had a loss like this?-topeleven3.jpgAnyone had a loss like this?-topeleven4.jpg

    I can't post his illegal formation(illegal imo though); since he made the changes in second half. However you can see that all the subs he used for second half was MC,AMC and AML. He changed the 3 defenders he had left, since one of his defender was sent off. I sent a ticket and hope to see some reasonable action, but after craciot's response I am hopeless.

    I will post their reply in here anyway. But this is kind of a game-stopper for me. Ok this is a game, but this is a game about football not about nail-polishing. And in football you can't win a game where you play entire 45 minutes without a defender in a pitch and in your tactics...

  6. #6
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmet Aygun View Post
    It is an unbelivable loss for me. I have been playing all kind of football manager games since Championship Manager 93. I don't expect this game to be anywhere close to Championship Manager or Football Manager, but this is a total crap.
    This game is totally close to Championship Manager.. Championship Manager 93, lol. First CM game I played was the 93/94 Italian league. I played it with my brother, he would go InterMilan and I would go Sampdoria. He would always pip me to the post at the end of the season to win the league. Except the one season I finished above him, and I was still only 2nd. grr. I think I kinda even remember the formations we played(though I might be confusing with when we played the 97/98 version).

    First football manager game I ever played was called 'The Double' on my commodore 64. Hard as diamond coated nails to play(though that might've just been because I was a little kid). And it took forever to load in the match day results. I'd love to have a crack at it now that I'm an 'adult'.

  7. #7
    Newbie Ahmet Aygun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Conker King View Post
    This game is totally close to Championship Manager.. Championship Manager 93, lol. First CM game I played was the 93/94 Italian league. I played it with my brother, he would go InterMilan and I would go Sampdoria. He would always pip me to the post at the end of the season to win the league. Except the one season I finished above him, and I was still only 2nd. grr. I think I kinda even remember the formations we played(though I might be confusing with when we played the 97/98 version).

    First football manager game I ever played was called 'The Double' on my commodore 64. Hard as diamond coated nails to play(though that might've just been because I was a little kid). And it took forever to load in the match day results. I'd love to have a crack at it now that I'm an 'adult'.
    Memories Memories) I suppose you are arond 35 years ols like me. The first manager game I remember playing was Peter Shilton Manager on Amstrad ) I agree the game-play is similiar to CM93 as we could have just read the comments. However simulation and the reality of this game is nowhere close CM93. I doubt that you could avoid loosing a game with 5 goal margin; if you play an entire 45 minute without a defense player even if you have 11 players on the pitch. On my exprience on top of defenseless tactic, opposition team had a red card. And our teams has similiar power; my team has 52.1 and his team has 53.6. On this balance 1 player having a red card should make a big difference; on top of his red card he used a formation like 0-6-3. Trying this formation on any team means to commit a suicide.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Palma, Mallorca
    Posts
    2,364
    I do believe that when you take a screenshot of the formations in the game report, it shows the last formation that the opponent used. Try that and show us please

  9. #9
    Newbie Ahmet Aygun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    I do believe that when you take a screenshot of the formations in the game report, it shows the last formation that the opponent used. Try that and show us please
    Nope you get the line-up formation. Actually this is one of the downside of the game. It should show the first half, second half and the final formation. Another downside is not the show ratings for the subs. Anyway here are the screenshots:
    Anyone had a loss like this?-topeleven.jpgAnyone had a loss like this?-topeleven4.jpg

    I also share the ratings. You can see that he subbed all his defense players.

  10. #10
    Famous Raykco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    1,644
    Personally, I don't think there should even be an "illegal" formation in this game. Managers should have the right to field their players wherever they wish without penalty. I would like to use the old W/M formation which only had 2 defenders in it. But here, it is illegal. Why? And what about the new tactic of "ghost #9", used successfully by West Ham on Sunday, and also by the Spanish National team. Again, with no strikers, that formation would be illegal here.
    LONDON CITY

    Olympic Stadium...East London

    Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast