Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Trying to tank a season

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Piemaster View Post
    I thought the main point of tanking was not to avoid promotion but to conserve resources for a bigger push the following season.
    yes, and no. It is mainly to advance the skills of the players to bring them up to speed to be able to compete in the higher levels. The fact that you dont have to waste blues, greens and reds as often is a bonus, not the main point.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

I'm at 5 points to the top (with 4 teams above) and 11 points above the no-promotion zone

today the last attempt. I'll try with a 1-0-0-5-5 hard attacking.
    My goalie will try to stop the attack playing as gk

I'll come back with match report
    Mad Horses
    Level 29 (Italian team, season 31)
    League: 1st place: 16 - 2nd place: 6 - 3rd place: 2
    Champions: 1st place: 8 - 2nd place: 5 - 3rd place: 2
    Cup: 1st place: 3, 2nd place: 1 - 3rd place: 2

Good luck!

I almost missed it.....

Trying to tank a season-tank4.jpg
    Mad Horses

What we take from this, is that If you have a good Team, and whant to Tank, it is better to do it since the day 1, otherwise it will be dificult to lose enought points to end behind 7th place.

I am currently trying to tank the season. I am 10 points behind 7th place. But the difference with me is, I am still using my regular formation (4-4-2), and virtually always have players in their rightful position. I do use my lesser players, but sometimes this doesn't work and I win. I am still training my players on a daily basis (and actually power training some), so I'm using the packs. My players always go into the matches with their morale/fitness in the green.

The reason I am tanking is that I had a poor start to the season and was in 8th position at the halfway point, so took the decision then. I'm hoping to avoid promotion and start with a very strong squad for next time. As it stands now, I have 9 players who are scouts or better, but have another 6 who are within 20 skill points of reaching the mark.
    Cat Harrison and Nicky like this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
    I almost missed it.....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tank4.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	13615
    Dude, if you are going to use such an offensive formation, I hope you have blue arrows on everyone. that will keep them from being so offensive and with their position, they wont be completely defensive. Now that I see your team full of scouts, I realize it is hard to tank any game unless most of the other teams are of quality close to you. Otherwise, the rare troll results are not enough....

I know my team is quite good. Without this tanking idea I would probably finish the season from 1st to 3rd place.
    But, as happened to Rayko, I had a horrible start to the season and, considering 2 absurde eliminations from cups, I decided to tank though I have a good team.

First I tried with 10 defensive players: 1W - 1N - 1L
    Then with all the players on the wings:1W - 1L
    Now I'm trying with all my players forward, leaving all my half empty: 1L

Ok, next time I will use less scouts (but 5 at least must play..)
    Raykco likes this.
    Mad Horses

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    yes, and no. It is mainly to advance the skills of the players to bring them up to speed to be able to compete in the higher levels. The fact that you dont have to waste blues, greens and reds as often is a bonus, not the main point.
    Either way, if you 'accidently get promoted' I fail to see how that is a bad thing. Sure it may mean the following season you will suck, but that's only the year you would spend getting up to that level anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Piemaster View Post
    Either way, if you 'accidently get promoted' I fail to see how that is a bad thing. Sure it may mean the following season you will suck, but that's only the year you would spend getting up to that level anyway.
    But being out of CL means a lot less money. Tanking in the league does not mean you cant try to win the cup and CL.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast