Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Like Tree237Likes

Thread: The Boot Room (new managers zone)

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Value is a good guide, but not always. The managers above you sell the free youth they get, and their prices are usually fairly high, but they are *not* fast trainers, they're ducks. Basically the fastest trainers are from fictional sounding team names, with very even attributes, and extremely high price tag.

Also remember to plan ahead, if you are training an extra role or SA, do it BEFORE you add Q to the player, they all slow down the better their Q.
    SlickZ likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Value is a good guide, but not always. The managers above you sell the free youth they get, and their prices are usually fairly high, but they are *not* fast trainers, they're ducks. Basically the fastest trainers are from fictional sounding team names, with very even attributes, and extremely high price tag.

Also remember to plan ahead, if you are training an extra role or SA, do it BEFORE you add Q to the player, they all slow down the better their Q.
    I was unaware of that last part, actually I was unaware of most of that. I see some players for around 12m value, but when I bascially have to go off league funds due to poor cup perfomances, I struggle to find the budget to fork out 3/4 of my money on one player when my squad requires a boost of 3-4. I guess until I can make a good cup / CL run, ill be stuck with medicore trainers.

THANKS FOR GREAT ADVICE
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Season level 6 | Manager level 6

Level One
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary
    Level Two
    League Champion|Cup Runner Up|Champions League Last 16
    Level Three
    League Runner Up|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Four
    League Runner Up|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Five
    League Champion|Cup Preliminary|Champions League Last 16
    Level Six
    League Champion|Cup Last 16|Champions League Group Stage

i m metallic fc.i m new manager.
    i m level II. i need referral. pls join and help me.

▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    Zangy, I would buy him. The 24T youth is often a super trainer, an as you have room.. another ST never hurts! I have been buying my youths the past couple seasons (I get two a season now, woot! ) and they have all been pretty good players, and they are still on my team.
    But there are other ways to spend T... you could do some Free Agent buying and selling and work up your $$ some more...
    why spend 24T on a 18yo youth when you can most likely buy one for less than 24T almost every time. I look at the transfer market and if I see one roughly equivalent, then I would rather spend 10T than 24T.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post
    why spend 24T on a 18yo youth when you can most likely buy one for less than 24T almost every time. I look at the transfer market and if I see one roughly equivalent, then I would rather spend 10T than 24T.
    How have your market bought youth performed?
    I would have signed my next 24T if I wasn't getting him at the end of the season, not gonna sign a player thats going to lose a star in a few days, I going to have to interrupt the training so that they arrive at the beginning of a season.
    How many levels of Academy are there in total and how many days does it take to train youth in the highest?

My 24T 1st youth player performed really well and trained really fast, where as the youths I got from the market (in general) need a year to train up and start playing well
    I think the equivalent 18yo on the market wont be as fast training unless you're paying the max for him. I've only seen a $7M player once this season, managed to bag a Q39 5* MC who's valued at 6.2M and he's played REAL badly.
    Last season I bought 2 5* 18yo and they're only coming good this season.

Need your opinions, continue to play this Q39 MC for my CL game (down 4-nil) or use green boosters to heal up my 2 MCs who were playing awesome before they got injured.

I'm also down 2-nil in my cup, losing against this money man
    He started a month after me and has miles better Q, look at his team full of SA's as well :O

Last edited by Zangy; 12-30-2013 at 11:34 PM.

The last few seasons I have been testing out the Youth Academy, since Ive finished building there (12 days). Ive got several of them in my team, and have been happy with them.

I just got a 24T ST who did fantastic in his debut, we'll see how that goes.

The Boot Room (new managers zone)-b-ark.jpg 18T, not fastest but still good trainer

The Boot Room (new managers zone)-jr.png 24T well spent, he will be Bobo's replacement.

I tend to play the guys I *trust* in important matches, regardless of stars. So if the injured guys are your "go-to" men you might think about healing/boostering them, but it depends on how many you have and are willing to spend. Do you think you can come back from that score deficit? Playing in all tourneys is *hard* juggling who plays which game! good luck!
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 12-31-2013 at 12:21 AM.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zangy View Post
    How have your market bought youth performed?
    I would have signed my next 24T if I wasn't getting him at the end of the season, not gonna sign a player thats going to lose a star in a few days, I going to have to interrupt the training so that they arrive at the beginning of a season.
    How many levels of Academy are there in total and how many days does it take to train youth in the highest?

My 24T 1st youth player performed really well and trained really fast, where as the youths I got from the market (in general) need a year to train up and start playing well
    I think the equivalent 18yo on the market wont be as fast training unless you're paying the max for him. I've only seen a $7M player once this season, managed to bag a Q39 5* MC who's valued at 6.2M and he's played REAL badly.
    Last season I bought 2 5* 18yo and they're only coming good this season.

Need your opinions, continue to play this Q39 MC for my CL game (down 4-nil) or use green boosters to heal up my 2 MCs who were playing awesome before they got injured.

I'm also down 2-nil in my cup, losing against this money man
    He started a month after me and has miles better Q, look at his team full of SA's as well :O

It all comes down to whether you buy tokens or not. if you dont buy tokens, then buying the youth academy recruit is NOT an option.

Really>? Because on my farmed teams I buy them too. But only the more expensive ones...not MCs. They play well and their training speed is better than any other player on the team. I think it wouldn't be my choice on my 35T team, but I *could* it is an option, you can even buy a Scout on 35T if you are patient.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rookie
    Really>? Because on my farmed teams I buy them too. But only the more expensive ones...not MCs. They play well and their training speed is better than any other player on the team. I think it wouldn't be my choice on my 35T team, but I *could* it is an option, you can even buy a Scout on 35T if you are patient.
    Aren't scouts overrated?
    They're always too old for me, I'd rather buy a 5* who's 1Q away from 6 for even 20T

I forgot to set my alarms again, DAMN. 1st time I missed a match since I took a break from the forum lol
    Lost the match 6-1 with my healed MC getting injured again after just 19min
    No auto-sub and my DC gets a 2nd yellow, lost 10-1 on agg and out the CL

Update: How the hell do I get 63% possession and my only midfielder get a 4 rating? He truely sucks (same 39Q 5* 19yo MC I mentioned above) I had to play 2 DCs in DMC and they got a 6 & 7 rating
    The other team got more shots than me also, but only 4 on target. I got 6/9 shots on target, ended 0-0 and slipped down to 5th
    Last edited by Zangy; 12-31-2013 at 07:16 PM.

Page 44 of 59 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast