Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: transfer market biddings are nonsense!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Teoh View Post
    couldn't have agree more.. i just saw a bid from Emin FC where he was in the same league as i was in the previous season. he never even enter once in top eleven and i can confirm that because he fields the same player n formation the entire season. His name suddenly pops out in the bidding war and his bids came at exactly the last 1 second.. cool stuff!
    sorry, can you elaborate on this? It sounds like you are saying that Nordeus is bidding on players with his team? huh?

I bid in the last 5 secs as I had only 2 Tokens left and I really wanted( but not needed, I confess) that player as he was amazing. And other times connection used to go and that too only if I had been online for a long time. This time, to insure good connection, I logged in 1 minute be4 deadline and sat next to the router to insure 100% signal strength. And still!!!!! BTW, Nordeus support will never answer me, leave alone giving my tokens back. So am not wasting time there. And please, the signal here is perfect. no problem at all!!!! And I was bidding in the last 5 secs, while that moron's bid was coming up just 1 sec be4 deadline!!! This is sad!!! Well, lost only 3 thankfully but that is much for a 35T manager like me!!!

So it sounds like server lag. Hopefully this teaches you to always bid in the first few seconds. I rarely ever bid in the last 5 seconds unless i'm trying to outsmart another bidder
    Raykco likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Apprentice
    if you get the last bid in that round the other person might not bid the next round / run out of tokens / give up etc . isee some peopel biddign twice the same round .. poinltess as well
    Saransh Vatsa likes this.
    no info for you my watchers :P

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    Can someone explain the logic of bidding in the last seconds? I just don't get it. If another player has already bid in a knockout round, surely there is no benefit in being the last to bid. Why risk your bid not counting, just to be last in, when the bidding is going to go to another round anyway.
    Especially in lower leagues there are players who do not bid in another round when they already have the leading bid... So you can take him out with bidding for example in round 4 as the first, he may think you're frustrated, bidding your last token, then you counter with a last second bid in the next round, and I really mean a last second bid, not when 2 or 3 seconds are left. I've won many players by using this strategy.
    Last edited by Der_Ryan_M; 10-21-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    Especially in lower leagues there are players who do not bid in another round when they already have the leading bid... So you can take him out with bidding for example in round 4 as the first, he may think you're frustrated, bidding your last token, then you counter with a last second bid in the next round, and I really mean a last second bid, not when 2 or 3 seconds are left. I've won many players by using this strategy.
    Thanx for explaining this. Token buyers usually won't understand. I have done the same many times and won many players with just 1 or 2 T in hand.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I guess my feeling is that if you are risking a late bid, don't be upset if it doesn't work. Support might help when something wacky happened in bidding, but if you were just trying to be sneaky... you chose that risk.
    Raykco likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    I guess my feeling is that if you are risking a late bid, don't be upset if it doesn't work. Support might help when something wacky happened in bidding, but if you were just trying to be sneaky... you chose that risk.
    Its not that I went for last sec. I went for last 5 out of 19 secs. And a skip of 1 or 2 secs, which often happens, wudn't have affected. But a skip of 10 secs all at once, is that not too much???

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    And I've won many players by just flat out bidding early.

If you constantly bid in the first 1-4 seconds, it gives the impression that you want him badly and are not risking any sort of server lag which could potentially lose you tokens. These are the kinds of players that will not fall to a trick like that. So this is why I'm saying, bid early... Forget about stuff like that because as you progress through the levels, everyone will know bidding strategies.
    cracicot and Raykco like this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

I have won my last one in a very simple way.
    Saw a player with triple role and sa, witch auction ended in 5am, put in my favorites, and whent to sleep, iPad always makes a warning signal 2 minutes before the end of auction, i woke up with the signal, bid the player, won it, and got back to sleep.
    Raykco likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast