Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: The CUP issue again

The CUP issue again

Please Nord work on this issue.

I am at level 5 and playing against all those managers from levels above me. These managers do not spend money on their teams and just because they are at higher levels they have teams with quality equal to my team or slightly higher.

If you think it is fair, well, wake up it is NOT. They have access to way much better auction and scout players.

Please try to work on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohamed Sultan View Post
    Please Nord work on this issue.

I am at level 5 and playing against all those managers from levels above me. These managers do not spend money on their teams and just because they are at higher levels they have teams with quality equal to my team or slightly higher.

If you think it is fair, well, wake up it is NOT. They have access to way much better auction and scout players.

Please try to work on this issue.

That is the nature of cup competitions in all aspects of football, whether real life or simulated. In ALL competitions, there are always small teams up against far bigger teams. This game is no different.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Would you like an individual cup competition where you get 1st place just for being you? Get real,cup competitions for David vs Goliath affairs.
    Raykco and dv8r like this.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    That is the nature of cup competitions in all aspects of football, whether real life or simulated. In ALL competitions, there are always small teams up against far bigger teams. This game is no different.
    I agree, sort of.

I take care of my team, I have 6* players who are not purchased scouts. So, each and every new season, I'm in a cup against teams 1 or 2 levels above mine.

I'm always the smaller team. When do I get to be the big team? It should happen at SOME point, but in this current format, it will never happen.
    Edward FC currently on autopilot
    League: ?
    Champions: ?
    Cup: ?

K Vegas FC currently on autopilot
    CU: ?

Tarcanes92's guide to adding seats to your stadium
    Tarcanes92's collection of Nordeus official articles that explain the game

Quote Originally Posted by tarcanes92 View Post
    I agree, sort of.

I take care of my team, I have 6* players who are not purchased scouts. So, each and every new season, I'm in a cup against teams 1 or 2 levels above mine.

I'm always the smaller team. When do I get to be the big team? It should happen at SOME point, but in this current format, it will never happen.
    In the old cup format it was even worse. Then they just used to have random entries. I remember when in season 3 or 4, I had to play a team at level 22.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    In the old cup format it was even worse. Then they just used to have random entries. I remember when in season 3 or 4, I had to play a team at level 22.
    true, but in my 2nd season, I was in a level 9 cup and in season 3, I was in a level 6 cup (though, that may have been the first season of the new format). I've been a level 9 team, I could have been in a cup similar to the one I was in during season 2 and maybe done quite well in it. Now, its a crap shoot. Everyone about the same quality, but the ones 2 levels (and sometimes 3 levels) above me can get a lot better than me a lot faster and easier.
    Edward FC currently on autopilot
    Cup: ?

K Vegas FC currently on autopilot
    CU: ?

Tarcanes92's guide to adding seats to your stadium
    Tarcanes92's collection of Nordeus official articles that explain the game

Football is so that, this simulation game of standards football , stronger than they win, weaker than is lose,and should have luck more, .
    Du học Đài Loan vừa học vừa làm - Tư vấn Du học Đài Loan chi phí thấp, vừa học vừa làm, hỗ trợ việc làm thêm thu nhập hấp dẫn.

Pro
    I am going to buy a bucketfull of tokens on bettering my team...so that I can win easily.
    Then I am going to complain, because there are better teams than mine.
    Then I am going to spend more tokens on bettering my team in order to beat the better teams that I battle against.
    Then next season I will play against better teams because my team is better than the normal level I am in.

I will beat the weaklings and buy tokens to beat the better token buyers in levels above me.

Wait a minute? If my team is better than average for my level, am I playing against better teams in the CUP or am I playing against weaker higher level teams? IS there a difference?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tarcanes92 View Post
    true, but in my 2nd season, I was in a level 9 cup and in season 3, I was in a level 6 cup (though, that may have been the first season of the new format). I've been a level 9 team, I could have been in a cup similar to the one I was in during season 2 and maybe done quite well in it. Now, its a crap shoot. Everyone about the same quality, but the ones 2 levels (and sometimes 3 levels) above me can get a lot better than me a lot faster and easier.
    Jesus people, this is the freaking price you pay for spending money and tokens in this game!!! If you super-size your team you are going to play against others that are higher level because your quality is equal or better than theirs. how hard is this to understand? If it were any other way it would be more unfair for everyone. So suck it up and take whats coming to you. OR stop super-sizing your team and just be normal and play against managers closer to your level.

I hate these posts the most, because this is whinging to the nth degree. There is no perfect way to run this cup competition where everyone will be happy. This is the best way Nordeus can do it without bursting all their remaining brain cells. If you are playing managers 2-3 levels above you, then take a bow, because your team is exceptional for your level and you have to play against higher levels for the competition to be fair. So what if they can purchase scouts higher than what you can do, thats the handicap you go up against in this game and is what we all have to put up with at every level. It is the price you pay for bought success.

good luck in your cup game, btw.

Totally agree with Cracicot, there is no issue at all to fix. The system works as it is intended.

The cup links together people of fairly similar quality at the beginning of the season. Obviously as the season progresses, certain levels are able to get players of higher quality than others are able to. But that's unavoidable.

Your bought superior quality team that you have will get you an advantage in your league and in the CL. The cup is where you face equal quality teams (at least initially).
    You are actually specifically complaining that your opponents in the cup have similar or (some) slightly higher quality. Are you for real? Wake up and enjoy having competition and using tactics to outwit your opponents (or the troll engine) in ONE out of 3 competitions. You can buy your way to the title and champion's league in the other 2 competitions no problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast