Like Tree26Likes

Thread: The CUP issue again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    In the old cup format it was even worse. Then they just used to have random entries. I remember when in season 3 or 4, I had to play a team at level 22.
    true, but in my 2nd season, I was in a level 9 cup and in season 3, I was in a level 6 cup (though, that may have been the first season of the new format). I've been a level 9 team, I could have been in a cup similar to the one I was in during season 2 and maybe done quite well in it. Now, its a crap shoot. Everyone about the same quality, but the ones 2 levels (and sometimes 3 levels) above me can get a lot better than me a lot faster and easier.
    Edward FC currently on autopilot
    League: ?
    Champions: ?
    Cup: ?

K Vegas FC currently on autopilot
    League: ?
    Champions: ?
    CU: ?

Tarcanes92's guide to adding seats to your stadium
    Tarcanes92's collection of Nordeus official articles that explain the game

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tarcanes92 View Post
    true, but in my 2nd season, I was in a level 9 cup and in season 3, I was in a level 6 cup (though, that may have been the first season of the new format). I've been a level 9 team, I could have been in a cup similar to the one I was in during season 2 and maybe done quite well in it. Now, its a crap shoot. Everyone about the same quality, but the ones 2 levels (and sometimes 3 levels) above me can get a lot better than me a lot faster and easier.
    Jesus people, this is the freaking price you pay for spending money and tokens in this game!!! If you super-size your team you are going to play against others that are higher level because your quality is equal or better than theirs. how hard is this to understand? If it were any other way it would be more unfair for everyone. So suck it up and take whats coming to you. OR stop super-sizing your team and just be normal and play against managers closer to your level.

I hate these posts the most, because this is whinging to the nth degree. There is no perfect way to run this cup competition where everyone will be happy. This is the best way Nordeus can do it without bursting all their remaining brain cells. If you are playing managers 2-3 levels above you, then take a bow, because your team is exceptional for your level and you have to play against higher levels for the competition to be fair. So what if they can purchase scouts higher than what you can do, thats the handicap you go up against in this game and is what we all have to put up with at every level. It is the price you pay for bought success.

good luck in your cup game, btw.

I have a very normal team, my avg quality never goes above 5*, but I still have to play teams 2 or 3 levels higher than mine in the cup. They are very weak teams for their level, which means their manager isn't very active, because an active manager would have a budget of 35T and would build a better team. Their manager just buys some 5* players ending in 0 or 5 and beats me without any problems. I don't understand why these teams should win any trophies. Why give them the chance to win a trophy when they don't know how to play the game? And let's not forget about those managers who keep 1* players just to lower the avg quality of their teams... The most fair cup would be to put together players of the same level in a totally casual way...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kd18 View Post
    I have a very normal team, my avg quality never goes above 5*, but I still have to play teams 2 or 3 levels higher than mine in the cup. They are very weak teams for their level, which means their manager isn't very active, because an active manager would have a budget of 35T and would build a better team. Their manager just buys some 5* players ending in 0 or 5 and beats me without any problems. I don't understand why these teams should win any trophies. Why give them the chance to win a trophy when they don't know how to play the game? And let's not forget about those managers who keep 1* players just to lower the avg quality of their teams... The most fair cup would be to put together players of the same level in a totally casual way...
    I totally agree that they could take this one step further and categorize the teams based on quality AND level, but like I said, it is beyond the scope of Nordeus's intelligence and capability. that would be the perfect solution and would make everyone happy, but at the end of the day, all it takes is one token-happy moron to buy a squad full of scouts after the draw on day 1 and ruin everyones cup run. That is the price we pay for playing a game structured for profit.
    Mohamed Sultan likes this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by kd18 View Post
    That's the champions league without the group stages lol! Cracicots idea could be good, though I don't think theres enough teams on the same level to split it like that and make the cup last the whole season.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by herdo View Post
    That's the champions league without the group stages lol! Cracicots idea could be good, though I don't think theres enough teams on the same level to split it like that and make the cup last the whole season.
    How can you say that considering there are 11 MILLION players? LOL. hardly.

But still, there are a ****load of players and it would not be hard to drill-down one more level and group based on level in addition to quality.

That being said, I would prefer they fix the 3 hour between game scheduling issue first, then troll engine with the illegal formation issue, then the substitution issue, then the friendly issue. This cup issue is last on my list of priorities as it is the least offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by cracicot View Post
    How can you say that considering there are 11 MILLION players? LOL. hardly.

But still, there are a ****load of players and it would not be hard to drill-down one more level and group based on level in addition to quality.

That being said, I would prefer they fix the 3 hour between game scheduling issue first, then troll engine with the illegal formation issue, then the substitution issue, then the friendly issue. This cup issue is last on my list of priorities as it is the least offensive.
    I think there should be a 3-0 walkover if the opponent uses illegal formation...
    Don Duffy and cracicot like this.

ทรงพระเจริญ

AEPRE FC