Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Can't stand 'Tankers' - its cheating and should be discouraged

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    I give up! - Good debate but i think the conclusion is: Tankers will tank, Token buyers will buy tokens, and the rest of us will just have to get by. Finally for the record i do understand why people tank, I simply don't like it Merry Christmas to all!
    an excellent response. at least you said the truth in that you dont like it, rather than say it is cheating, like you said when you started the thread. it is good that your opinion has changed. this game doesnt require that you like it, just that you accept it as strategy. merry christmas to all as well.
    Marc Symons likes this.

Well, that's that then. Glad this discussion is over lol, i've never been so into an argument in a while. Good debate everyone!
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    LIONS FC

Level 10, Season 10

S1- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd
    S2- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd, CL: 3rd
    S3- L: 4th, Cup: 2nd round, CL: R16
    S4- L: 1st, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals
    S5- L: 2nd, Cup: Playoffs, CL: Quarter finals
    S6- L: 3rd, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals.
    S7- L: 1st, Cup: Winners, CL: 3rd
    S8- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: Winners
    S9- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: R16

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post
    how is the contradiction in a nutshell? . One is lacking knowledge, the other is lacking tolerance. How can anyone take any future post of your seriously when you dont know what you are talking about with simple words? Where is the contradiction? Even if english is not your first language, you really should consult a dictionary before trying to debate people because to do otherwise is to look foolish.
    Your words ...... " anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant and narrow-minded."

My reply ..... "Contradiction in a nutshell."

You reply as quoted above, proving your own views and proving my statement.

I win, you lose, just like the way we respectively play the game.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Some good points made here but here's my two cents. It's good to see two sides of the story.

I'm all for tanking as I am for power training. First of all, nothing is natural or realistic about this game so try not to include real life scenarios. You want to play good samaritan then good for you, but not everyone plays the same strategy. It's a sly strategy but is definitely not cheating. Cheating is having two or more accounts in the same league and giving yourself free points. First that's a facebook TOS violation and secondly the intent is to cheat. However with tanking, I see it a lot differently.

The big problem most people have is missing out on the Champions League and getting promoted. That I believe is worse than missing promotion in itself because you'll have no funds the following season to sustain a solid team. You'll end up being underpowered and just getting destroyed in every match. By missing promotion and tanking you are sacrificing your Champions League but with the same team in the hopes of a more successful league season. Fine by me, I'll keep winning league trophies and CL trophies while a tanker just takes it slow and tries to win a league. Remember, not everyone is a token buyer so a 35T a season team needs to budget and be economical with tokens so for them, tanking is the only way they can really have a chance at success.

As for disrupting league results, you are absolutely correct and that is a problem.

If this debate has drawn to a conclusion, it should end with the most balanced and sensible post that has been made recently, thus giving new readers a chance to make up their own minds.
    Maxtax and The Red Baron like this.

Rastaman said: ..the object of this game is not to promote, but to win trophies..
    No Rastaman, its both there the challenge is to try for both i said try to achieve them and dont bother so much if someone disagree with you also pls stop trying being rude to 'promote" (as u said) your opininon regarding tanking, we are just discussing strategies for a game.
    PS : Sorry TypTex just saw that u are concluded, i am also finished regarding that.
    Last edited by Maxtax; 12-07-2013 at 07:13 PM.
    TypTex likes this.
    TEAM'S ACHIEVEMENTS(Est.10.5.2011) Season 47/Level ?/League 40
    24 Leagues, 13 Champion Leagues, 6 Cups, 1 Treble.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TypTex View Post
    Your words ...... " anyone who thinks otherwise is ignorant and narrow-minded."

My reply ..... "Contradiction in a nutshell."

You reply as quoted above, proving your own views and proving my statement.

I win, you lose, just like the way we respectively play the game.
    your logic is flawed just like your views on this subject.

Your reply proved my view.

Your statement was never proven.

And I dont care how you play the game because it matter not to me. The only problem I had was when ignorant people call something cheating when it is clearly not.

I win, you lose. and that must really suck for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TypTex View Post
    If this debate has drawn to a conclusion, it should end with the most balanced and sensible post that has been made recently, thus giving new readers a chance to make up their own minds.
    Who says the debate is over? just because Marc bowed out gracefully? at least he manned up and admitted that he just doesnt like it and for that I respect his views. But like dv8r said, it is far from cheating compared to other actions managers take in this game.

I disagree that you need champ league money to be able to compete though. it does come in handy but i fyou have prepared yourself before the tanking season, you should be able to pull through with the proper buys.
    Last edited by rastaman70; 12-07-2013 at 07:47 PM.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post
    The only problem I had was when ignorant people call something cheating when it is clearly not.

I win, you lose. and that must really suck for you.
    I'm glad it takes you longer to type your insults than it does for me to read them.

I'm glad too that you show a passion for winning your side of the debate, that shows you like to win.

If you transferred this passion into trying to win every football game here then we would be in agreement.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    We tried to leave this open, but I cannot. Calling other users "ignorant" and being insulting to each other is *not* debate. Thread closed.
    ThichDaBongFC likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617