Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Can't stand 'Tankers' - its cheating and should be discouraged

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Tomlins View Post
    This is hardly a competitive football management sim. Its a pay to win facebook game. Who cares about tanking? If you can buy 500 tokens a season vs someone with 35 how is tanking the biggest problem. Players are just gutted they cant just buy their way to winning everything against people exploiting the system.

If the game wasnt pay to win then tanking would be a problem. This game isnt about fair play so exploiting is fine to combat the pay to win crowd.
    I couldnt have said it better myself. since when are most things in this game fair? The funniest thing is that when you spend hundreds of dollars on this game and then you get trolled a few times and expected to roll over everyone easily.

but even saying that tanking is exploiting the system is a bit too strong. it is more taking advantage of the game setup. i think tanking is smart team management for when you dont buy or farm tokens. if you dont tank and you dont have 5 star or scout players, you will be severely under quality for the next season if you dont spend wisely, and even then there is more a chance that you will have a token buyer in your league and you play for 2nd or worse. a lot of us dont like to play if you cant win and anyone who says otherwise is lying. i n a league full of token buyers it would be an acheivement to come in anywhere 1-7, but when there is only one you still have a chance, but its slim.

the object of this game is not to promote, but to win trophies. so people who get upset that others are trying to win trophies instead of promotion are barking up the wrong tree and hvae their panties in a bunch. if this game had a structure where promotion actually meant something, then it would be different but promotion goes on forever and there is no top league, so go ahead and whine and whinge all you want about tankers, but its here to stay and I hope that i tank against you and help your oppostion win.

Pro
    Nice one Andy

The way I read this merry go round, is that waiting to regroup and gather resources is considered bad vs getting promoted with a weak finish( outside top 4).
    The onus is on the manage to decide with what quality and quantity of squad, cash, boosters and tokens he wants to move up a level with.
    It is his and his choice alone. The rest can preach till they are blue in the face. This has nothing to do with sportsmanship.
    It's a managerial decision of do I kill or be killed this year or next year.
    rastaman70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Tomlins View Post
    This is hardly a competitive football management sim. Its a pay to win facebook game. Who cares about tanking? If you can buy 500 tokens a season vs someone with 35 how is tanking the biggest problem. Players are just gutted they cant just buy their way to winning everything against people exploiting the system.

If the game wasnt pay to win then tanking would be a problem. This game isnt about fair play so exploiting is fine to combat the pay to win crowd.
    I agree with what you say and what you say makes a lot of sense but for me the whole 'Tanking' issue has nothing to do with how tankers dominate after boosting and how unfair it is. Its about the lack of competition. The game is very uncompetitive with all the inactive users as it is without takers adding to the problem, Would people play FIFA online if the other player simply put there controller down at the beginning of every match ... No.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    I agree with what you say and what you say makes a lot of sense but for me the whole 'Tanking' issue has nothing to do with how tankers dominate after boosting and how unfair it is. Its about the lack of competition. The game is very uncompetitive with all the inactive users as it is without takers adding to the problem, Would people play FIFA online if the other player simply put there controller down at the beginning of every match ... No.
    That's a different game that doesn't involve tanking.

Another reason why tanking happens in this game is because this is a football manager game where you don't get sacked. Not only you are the manager in this game, you are also the chairman.
    rastaman70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    That's a different game that doesn't involve tanking.
    I never said it did? - The point i was making was about the lack of competitiveness. It was a comparison.

Banned
    you cant compare apples and oranges. and that is what you just did which july forth pointed out. this game is rife with a lack of competitiveness but in order to make ti truly competitive you have to make it more fair and as long as there are token buyers, you will have a lack of competitiveness. tanking just brings more competitiveness into the game, but every second year instead of every year. when will you open your eyes to this.

Pro
    The point is competitiveness may not come today, but it will come when the manager feels his squad is ready to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post
    you cant compare apples and oranges. and that is what you just did which july forth pointed out. this game is rife with a lack of competitiveness but in order to make ti truly competitive you have to make it more fair and as long as there are token buyers, you will have a lack of competitiveness. tanking just brings more competitiveness into the game, but every second year instead of every year. when will you open your eyes to this.
    Hahahahahaha

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    Hahahahahaha
    wow man, you are one deluded person who cant even understand something so simple. you highlighted something to make a point but your making yourself look ignorant and foolish. tanking makes your team more competitive the next season. wow. you really need some help to open your eyes to this.

I give up! - Good debate but i think the conclusion is: Tankers will tank, Token buyers will buy tokens, and the rest of us will just have to get by. Finally for the record i do understand why people tank, I simply don't like it Merry Christmas to all!
    Last edited by Marc Symons; 12-07-2013 at 05:07 PM.
    TypTex likes this.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast