Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What's the point of scouts?

Dreamer

What's the point of scouts?

I stopped buying scouts 3 seasons ago when I discovered that they are a massive waste of money & coins. A 22 yr old scout will be useless the next season as far as I'm concerned. I buy 'em younger & power train 'em. I find them to be useful much longer. At least 7 seasons I'd say.

I havent bought any scouts yet. I only buy players under 22 and no lower than 4 star. And train them to a least 1 star more at the end of the season. I cant power train as much as i dont buy tokens for rest packages
    Tenby FC

Season 7: Level 7- League 3rd, Champions League 3rd
    Season 6: Level 6- League Runners up, Champions Leagure 3rd
    Season 5: Level 5- League Runners up, Cup 3rd Place
    Season 4: Level 4- League, Champions League Winners
    Season 3: Level 3- League, Champions League Winners
    Season 2: Level 2- League Winners (Undefeated Season)
    Season 1: Level 1- League Winners

I got a scout last night 22y first match he played very well plus he will be 7* today with a little pt .

The answer's simple...it costs you approx £4.50 of your own cash to buy one.

I used 450 Tokens on 9 scouts last season. Today I've used 28 Tokens bringing in 7 players who are better than all those scouts having gone up a level.

It's nice to have scouts, but the fact that 4 weeks ago today I spent 450 Tokens on players who now will be playing second fiddle to 7 players I've brought in today for 28 Tokens shows where the value is. Granted some of those scouts are just as good as the 7 brought in today, but they are older and have less speed in training.

In future I think I'm going to load up on 19/20/21 year olds who are 1 or 2 training points off becoming 6 stars. I will continue to farm Tokens and hopefully my Token balance will grow which will mean I can blow out on Scouts in the future if I fancy going stupid with the team but to keep going for Scouts season in season out doesn't really seem worth while.

i don't share the opinions with all of you.
    @kyan: you buy only 22-23 yo scout, they will be scout at the start of next season (2 seasib full scout at 1 season 5* high end) there is noway that a player buy at day 1 can better than your scout bougt last season.
    @the other: if you spent the same amount of green packets in scout you will see how good a scout is. A scout is use for 3 season as starting 11(without POTW and 5 with POTW). Young player without POTW can play only 1.5 season as first team player 2.5 season as sub(7 seasons as starting 11, with POTW but the cost for green packs is about 100T more than POTW a scout ).
    you have about 150 green packs free per season. it can keeps only 2 young player at scout level. from the 3rd at scout level go for scout. if you spent token to buy green packs, it's more eco to buy a scout than train a young player as long as you don't play legend player (9*)
    Last edited by tongly45; 11-18-2013 at 12:12 AM.
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

@tongly -

Last season I was level 9.

When I went to buy scouts they were between 66-69 in quality. Of course, through the season they will improve. The scouts I picked up who were 68 or 69 last season are now 71 quality in my team.

The scouts that were 66 or 67 quality are now pushing 69 quality - the same that are now 5 star players at level 10.

On the scout lists you only get 3 or 4 players under the age of 23 if you are lucky - so you have to then hope one of them is close to the 7 star level to make them worthwhile.

I'd rather spend 3 or 4 tokens and get a level ten 5 star player who is 69 quality, with only a training point or two off being 6 star at 19 year old compared to paying 50 tokens for a 26 year old player who is 73 quality.

The scout players are better quality to start with but in my experience train slower than younger players, cost more Tokens and when you compare them to players that are available after the next promotion, in my opinion, aren't worth it.

Of the 9 scout players I bought last year 6 of them are in my strongest 11. That's not bad, but those 6 players cost me 300 Tokens. The other 5 players in my strongest 11 I bought today for 12 Tokens.

Next season I can either spend 50 Tokens per scout to get really really good players, or spend 40 Tokens and get 10 or 11 five star players who are just short of being 6 star players who are younger and better trainers. To me the second option is better value.

I believe with a team full of 5 star players I can comfortably get promoted and be in the Champions League year after year. Scouts may help me win more leagues and cups - but that's just a may help, not a guarantee that they will. I'd rather use 40 Tokens and challenge for the title with a couple of similarly talented squads than spend real money to buy hundreds of Tokens (or use hundreds of Tokens I've farmed) to give myself a better chance of the title - but again with no guarantee.
    HULIANO likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kynan View Post
    @tongly -

Last season I was level 9.

When I went to buy scouts they were between 66-69 in quality. Of course, through the season they will improve. The scouts I picked up who were 68 or 69 last season are now 71 quality in my team.

The scouts that were 66 or 67 quality are now pushing 69 quality - the same that are now 5 star players at level 10.

On the scout lists you only get 3 or 4 players under the age of 23 if you are lucky - so you have to then hope one of them is close to the 7 star level to make them worthwhile.

I'd rather spend 3 or 4 tokens and get a level ten 5 star player who is 69 quality, with only a training point or two off being 6 star at 19 year old compared to paying 50 tokens for a 26 year old player who is 73 quality.

The scout players are better quality to start with but in my experience train slower than younger players, cost more Tokens and when you compare them to players that are available after the next promotion, in my opinion, aren't worth it.

Of the 9 scout players I bought last year 6 of them are in my strongest 11. That's not bad, but those 6 players cost me 300 Tokens. The other 5 players in my strongest 11 I bought today for 12 Tokens.

Next season I can either spend 50 Tokens per scout to get really really good players, or spend 40 Tokens and get 10 or 11 five star players who are just short of being 6 star players who are younger and better trainers. To me the second option is better value.

I believe with a team full of 5 star players I can comfortably get promoted and be in the Champions League year after year. Scouts may help me win more leagues and cups - but that's just a may help, not a guarantee that they will. I'd rather use 40 Tokens and challenge for the title with a couple of similarly talented squads than spend real money to buy hundreds of Tokens (or use hundreds of Tokens I've farmed) to give myself a better chance of the title - but again with no guarantee.
    I agree with you on buying 5-star players. With non-token-BUYers like us, scouts are still an expensive option.
    Last edited by HULIANO; 11-18-2013 at 12:44 AM.
    kynan likes this.

Football is must investing, buying and selling, then it's a football
    HULIANO likes this.
    Du học Đài Loan vừa học vừa làm - Tư vấn Du học Đài Loan chi phí thấp, vừa học vừa làm, hỗ trợ việc làm thêm thu nhập hấp dẫn.

Quote Originally Posted by duchao View Post
    Football is must investing, buying and selling, then it's a football
    but spending real money on this game is not a Must ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast