Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What is an assist?

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by HULIANO View Post
    @TypTex & dv8r: thank you, it is good to know. So when it is shown on the real-life match that some player provides the assist, who makes that decision if the situation is kinda unclear? I thought it would be the refs.
    Another interesting question and I've no idea the answer to this.

The records and statistics for professional games in the UK are kept by the Press Association, and I guess it is these records the are used by all the fantasy football games and statistical reports that are published after matches over here, but who actually decides what is and what isn't an assist I don't know.
    I guess the PA must have approved record takers, who work to a certain criteria, at each match.
    But it has nothing to do with the referee ))

There is something called the Dubious Goals Panel.

They decide on goals where the assist is uncertain. Sometimes even own goals are reviewed there too, to determine if it was an own goal or not.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Since we effectively operate in a vacuum, does it matter?
    We can't look back even at past tables unless we were able to login between the time of the last match and the end of the last day and save a screenshot.
    We can't really compare player performance without jumping through a bunch of hoops.
    There's no HISTORY for our squads unless we do it on our own, and it's a pain in the ass to do that becuase the interface is so klutzy.
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234