Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What is an assist?

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by HULIANO View Post

Anw, it is all up to the judgement of the ref on whether or not that pass is decisively important.
    Referees have no interest at all in assists as they are not an official part of the game.
    HULIANO likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HULIANO View Post
    I did not say they would get assists ... Do you see the capitalized phrase DECISIVE IMPORTANCE? If it's just a normal pass to your LB and he runs by himself to score, then it is not considered a decisively important pass because your LB is the one that actually does all the work of dribbling and scoring.

In another reply, I said that if it is a long kick from GK and the goal comes to any of our players in dangerous, exploitable, and advantageous position making it easier to create an opportunity to score, then the GK would be likely awarded an assist.

Anw, it is all up to the judgement of the ref on whether or not that pass is decisively important.
    The referee doesn't decide who is awarded the assist. That goes down to association rules and most of them follow FIFA standards.
    HULIANO likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

@TypTex & dv8r: thank you, it is good to know. So when it is shown on the real-life match that some player provides the assist, who makes that decision if the situation is kinda unclear? I thought it would be the refs.

I think, the game is just a game, can't be the same 100% fact, must have little virtual in it!
    Du học Đài Loan vừa học vừa làm - Tư vấn Du học Đài Loan chi phí thấp, vừa học vừa làm, hỗ trợ việc làm thêm thu nhập hấp dẫn.

Really!! all these comments!? .. What is an assist? ------- Its when a player passes the ball to the scorer of the goal. Done thread complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Lazarou View Post
    Really!! all these comments!? .. What is an assist? ------- Its when a player passes the ball to the scorer of the goal. Done thread complete.
    Haha, maybe read the entire OP?

Really!! Read the thread. Thread NOT complete.

#cantreadasimpletitleFAIL

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Wow man!!! Hey everyone, he is a genius!!!!!
    DUDE, U SHOULD HAVE READ THE ENTIRE OO AND THE OTHER COMMENTS

My take on this game is assists just don't add up to the total number of goals scored.

Of course not every goal is assisted, like interceptions for example. BUT the long ball forward thing needs to sorted out.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

I'm not too concerned about it. Assists in my view are only decisive final passes, even if that may conflict with the idea/definition that any last pass to a goal scorer is considered an assist. You have to work and earn an assist in my opinion, not just be the last person who gave the ball to someone who did something amazing with it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast