Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Bidding Wars

Bidding Wars

How come when I watch an auction it goes on for about 5/6 rounds, but when i bid on a player it goes on for 15/17 rounds....grrr

Haha, its not just you, it happens to me too.

Have you ever noticed when you sell a player too they normally go within 2 or 3 rounds too. When you go to buy them though, its a lot more...
    roni and Raykco like this.

lol it happens to me too all the time .
    Boys San :: Season 12 LV 12

League 11 :: CL 8 :: Cup :: 3

Dreamer
    I've been trying the strategy suggested in another thread by BigB79, and that's to bid like a bot.

and wow, it's been working, I've used it twice now, bidding every round with exactly 15 seconds to go, both times 7 or 8 other bidders have been in at the start and I got both players won by the end of round 6. Maybe just luck but .. I think bidding like a bot works and scares other bidders off : D

So cheers BigB79 for the idea ... and bid like bots people .. it may just work ))

Bidding Wars-screen-shot-2013-11-23-6.21.34-pm.jpg
    Thats my server from 5-10pm can't buy any players lost 20T on my second team .
    Boys San :: Season 12 LV 12

League 11 :: CL 8 :: Cup :: 3

Quote Originally Posted by roni View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2013-11-23 at 6.21.34 PM.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	15546
    Wow, that is harsh. I'd also not be comfortable bidding against someone who's photo is the greyed out guy that is used when no "real" pic is uploaded - as I'd be worried I'd be against either a bot, a spam account or someone trying to get me to waste Tokens.

I've even used the grey pic myself before when doing bidding and noticed slightly better results when trying to get players. I think that puts a few others off too as if they can't see a face to the bidder it makes them question who they are in a battle with.
    roni likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by roni View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2013-11-23 at 6.21.34 PM.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	15546
    That guy paid 3.42M for the player with 1.58M market value? That's crazy. On my server I don't even look at the players with selling price just 10% below their market value. For example my last signing was 2 tokens and 3.57M for the MC with 5.1M market value.
    And my whole team is just like that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bidding Wars-faria.png  
    roni likes this.

Apprentice
    Happens with everyone one or the other time,I sometimes see really good players go in 2 or 3 knockout rounds but when I try to get one it usually goes overboard so I stop myself from entering into a bidding war

I always bid with 15 seconds to go - Other than sceptics thinking you may be a bot it also shows that you are committed to the auction - The advise i would give others is to avoid bidding against Asians, they are crazy! They all seem to be crazy gamblers that will stop at nothing to get there prize. Its like trying to get on a roulette machine at the bookies, they play all day and seem to have money coming out there ears. It was an Asian fellow that took me on my longest adventure way down in bidding round 53 before i gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    I always bid with 15 seconds to go - Other than sceptics thinking you may be a bot it also shows that you are committed to the auction - The advise i would give others is to avoid bidding against Asians, they are crazy! They all seem to be crazy gamblers that will stop at nothing to get there prize. Its like trying to get on a roulette machine at the bookies, they play all day and seem to have money coming out there ears. It was an Asian fellow that took me on my longest adventure way down in bidding round 53 before i gave up.
    Not all Asians. The Thais and the Vietnamese mostly. Indians don't get involved in bidding wars.
    Satria Merah likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast