Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: T.r.d. (the relegation disaster)

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    I think I agree with you, there is no good way to do traditional relegation in this game..it would to hard to stop manipulation like you example.
    I kind of look at not promoting as being relegated, since you don't get to play in the stronger next level. (having just had this happen to me in the 35T league. it's punishment enough for my poor management. )
    I think, should have at least one team relegated to teams comic-style same robots, for example there are teams remove nick such ????
    Du học Đài Loan vừa học vừa làm - Tư vấn Du học Đài Loan chi phí thấp, vừa học vừa làm, hỗ trợ việc làm thêm thu nhập hấp dẫn.

It's a bit direspectful to be calling everyone who doesn't share your opinion a noob isn't it?
    Your tone is aggressive and you are assuming that anyone with a different opinion just knows nothing. What a silly and unproductive thread this is.

No, indeed relegation won't work in the current game if everything stays as it is NOW. But why would they add relegation to a game in the current form? Clearly they would need to change other aspects as well to make it work. And there are plenty of ideas on how this would work. Just saying in advance that any relegation would never work is short-sighted and makes YOU the 'noob'.

That aside, Nordeus has changed less than a handful of minor things in several years. The idea that they would change something so big and fundamental as relegation and promotion is a laughable idea. Won't happen purely because they don't have the intention/effort/manpower/capabilities/desire to do so.

As I said in the original thread about relegation this method will NOT WORK!!!!! This is too easy to manipulate and will make life hell.

The way to implement the relegation/star issue is to take a star off every player who has more than 5 stars in a team that is relegated.

I would have relegation for the team that finishes 13th and 14th. If they have any 6 star players then they will go to 5 star players the following season. If they have a player who is 5 star then they stay at 5 star. Thus the relegated team would still be strong for the league they are relegated into, but are not overly strong and then no reward is made for deliberately relegating the team.

The only other way to solve this without relegating teams is to give the teams that finish in a relegation spot (again I'd just go for the bottom 2 teams) a minus points figure for the start of the next season - a bit like teams that go into Admin have. Finish bottom of the league and you start the next season on -10 points. Start second bottom start on -5.... I don't like this idea as much as relegation but it would stop those from tanking if they know getting enough points to qualify for the champions league the next season will be harder as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by kynan View Post
    The way to implement the relegation/star issue is to take a star off every player who has more than 5 stars in a team that is relegated.

I would have relegation for the team that finishes 13th and 14th. If they have any 6 star players then they will go to 5 star players the following season. If they have a player who is 5 star then they stay at 5 star. Thus the relegated team would still be strong for the league they are relegated into, but are not overly strong and then no reward is made for deliberately relegating the team.

The only other way to solve this without relegating teams is to give the teams that finish in a relegation spot (again I'd just go for the bottom 2 teams) a minus points figure for the start of the next season - a bit like teams that go into Admin have. Finish bottom of the league and you start the next season on -10 points. Start second bottom start on -5.... I don't like this idea as much as relegation but it would stop those from tanking if they know getting enough points to qualify for the champions league the next season will be harder as a result.
    Except for the fact that stars don't actually mean anything. It's the quality that indicates what star you see at a certain level. Are you suggesting that the player lose a potential 5 quality points (75 skillpoints) per star?

On top of that, people who tank on purpose will not be relegated in the 13th and 14th spot, but will likely be able to stay safely at the 8-12 spots.

In my opinion you need to have massive fanbase losses if you tank. On top since people seem to mention CL all the time, if you tank, you shouldn't be able to participate in the Champion's League you failed to qualify for.
    So for example if you are lvl 20 and see you can't qualify for lvl 21 CL and decide to tank, you can not qualify for lvl 21 CL next season or any other season either. You should get only one shot to qualify for a certain level's CL.
    I realize it's also a silly plan, but tanking needs to have a penalty and relegation is not an option right now as it's too easy to manipulate.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    Except for the fact that stars don't actually mean anything. It's the quality that indicates what star you see at a certain level. Are you suggesting that the player lose a potential 5 quality points (75 skillpoints) per star?
    Yes, sorry, I probably wasn't too clear on that - any 6 star or above player loses 75 skill points to take them one full star quality wise down.

Again, its not ideal, however I do think relegation (just for the bottom 2 teams, not the bottom 7) could add something to the game and make things a bit more competitive.

manipulation of any match outcome is not allowed in any football match regardless of the reason
    clubs do get relegated for that IRL you know
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

Quote Originally Posted by TypTex View Post
    Agreed .. relegation just could not work.
    Judging by the amount of people that support tanking, you'd end up in a weird situation where the competition to go down would be more competitive than the competition to win the league.

Taking quality points away from players is a non starter, not to mention unfair, as well.

I'm anti-tanking, but tanker loving (as people playing to lose should make it easier for me to win )), but relegation or player penalties is not the way forward.
    i though the penalty is fair (average traning has this speed) but now i thinks it 's very hard for non token buyer to keep his team forward.
    so i thinks about that player 6* for any non-promoted team must be sell in tranfer liste it look like a great player in a noob team they will go to an other club if your club don't get promoted. like this any team with 6* player need to fight for promoted.
    of course, any non assigned point will be erased at the end of season
    Palaiseau FC in Sever 46
    season 28, level 28

competition Played 1st 2nd top4 last win current season(*)
    League 28 19 6 2 season 27 .....
    Champions league 26 7 1 6 season 25 ........
    Cup 26 2 2 3 season 7 .......
    (*) updated at 1-June-2015

I'm just new at this.. but relegation seems good.. only that you are not making the right changes... making incomes balance between leagues more pronounced... making some punishment to morale for some days.... increasing players salary... taking many fans... and of course, players should gain a star that would be realistic and make salary higher..

I dont think that a soccer crack as CR7 would improve his skills the same way as he does when playing against Messi, if he plays against really crappy players... just be honest.. he wouldn't improve... because he isn't really competing.. So that team which is relegated wouldnt be tanking instead it would be stagnant, becouse their players aren't improving, they just are getting their players older and older, they arent motivated to play good, so that teams keep with out getting fans, worst theam would have a good chance to win against them just becouse their are move motivated... the incomes get worst and worst with time, and the club balance should become negative, unable to keep good players becouse the club have no money to pay them, so that club becomes in a balanced team for that league....
    If you want a change.. make a real big one...

Just saying.. Oh!! i'm forgetting. i'm really new to english, excuse me..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12