Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Does any of it really matter?

Does any of it really matter?

Note: This isn't a whining thread .. please take your whining elsewhere.

Formations ... counter formations...
    Red arrows ... blue arrows ... no arrows ...
    Player morale ...
    Player condition ...
    Special abilities ...
    Attacking ... hard attacking ... defending .. hard defending ...
    Long .. short .. mixed passing ...
    Left .. right .. middle .. both flanks ..

Does it matter?
    Does any of this actually affect anything or are we just kidding ourselves?

Some days ... nothing you do seems to have any effect .. the computer has decided your team is gonna suck that day .. changing formations, tactics, substitutions ... nothing seems to have ANY effect whatsoever ...

Some days you could play worn out players in an illegal formation and dominate ...

We talk about this and that ... there's hundreds of posts on counter formations alone! ... but is there any solid testing behind any of it? Or are we all just [censored]?
    Ivan Ivanov 000 and Belgji like this.
    ~^~*~^~ My opinions are best when taken with a grain of salt. No iodine added. ~^~*~^~

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Some days ... nothing you do seems to have any effect .. the computer has decided your team is gonna suck that day .. changing formations, tactics, substitutions ... nothing seems to have ANY effect whatsoever ...
    This happens to me once a season, so far, against a bad team, with 1-2* players.
    Nothing i do, like change formation, replace a ST that missed 2 times 1 on 1 with the keeper, etc...
    And in this game only, all my players get %&%&$%&% ratings.
    I drew at home, 0-0 with a team that had GK's playing as MC's )
    So in this case only it's all pointless.

But i don't think it doesn't matter all the time.
    I can see the change in statistics, when i play "counters":
    When u do that vs a good team, your players don't just start the game playing well (not for me, anyway).
    You need to change something, and then it will work, a tactic, a player, change the place of the MC's between them...
    And then i see the result, in the stats column.
    Level 1 - League 3rd place (started late, in the season)
    Level 2 - League 2nd place, CL 2nd place (both due to troll results)
    Level 3 - League 1st place, CL 1st place, Cup (lev 6) 3rd place
    Level 4 - League 1st place, CL 1st place

Bought 28 Tokens, referrals 32 Tokens, won 3 Tokens.

I think you just have to have a really good look through this forum to see that nothing we do as managers affects the outcome of matches. And some people on here have proved that with a couple of tests that they have done.

Some people really need to wake up to the fact that this game has been poorly programmed and extremely poorly run, its as simple as that.

Exactly

I was about to exit the cup yterday, when I went hard attacking (and other changes) at the 70th min. My guys scored 3 goals to make it 1-3 and get me to the quarter finals
    My team suffered the symptoms u describe up there until then lol
    It isn't the first time, very interesting league game yterday as well, the guy had only 7 goals scored against him from 11 games (good def), i was losing 1-0 again around end of match, I go hard attacking hard tackling pressing whole pitch ect and score I see the stats turn in my favor right away too
    One advice, don't trust the comments so much, look at stats mostly.. Sometimes comments say i shot on target, but in stats my shots didn't increase, his did!! And it's the team with the better stats that wins, so if the opponent has better stats u need to change something quick..
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    FIX THE TRANSFER MARKET AND COME OUT OF UR HIDING!!!!
    league: won 4, 2nd 3 times
    CL: won 4, finalist 2
    Cup won 3, finalist 1
    Season 9 now, boycotted season 6 bc of the transfer market..
    No buying or farming of tokens or packs, no tanking ever

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I too have made changes in many matches that I feel changed the outcome. There have also been a few of games that I felt nothing I did would change the outcome whatever. Considering how many games I have played... they are a tiny drop in a bucket.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Formations: They surely matter. If you play with the wrong formation, you lose. That's the main thing of the game I think, however you can also lose when playing with a counter formation.
    Red Arrows, Blue Arrows: I don't really know if they work. I never play with arrows.
    Player Morale: I realized that when I have low morale my players decide to "kill" themselves, however that happens in full morale games too.
    Player Condition: Probably makes sense, my players perform like idiots when they play with low condition.
    Special abilities: I don't think they make any difference, my players without special abilities play awesome too, so...
    Attacking, Hard Attacking, Defending, Hard Defending: In my opinion they work, atleast when I use them they actually change the way my team plays I think.
    Long-, Short- and Mixed Passing: I rarely use that, but when I play attacking I use Short Passing, don't really know if it makes a difference.
    Playing down on Left-, Right- and Both Flanks, playing through the middle: That's what I use the most, in my opinion that really matters, as example if I have an AML and an AMR I play on both flanks, otherwise my players are too stupid to attack.

Cat Harrison likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredipede View Post
    Formations: They surely matter. If you play with the wrong formation, you lose. That's the main thing of the game I think, however you can also lose when playing with a counter formation.
    Not true. you can play with the wrong formation and win and that has been proven so many times. illegal formations are "wrong" formations and win constantly. there seems to be no formation that always beats a specific formation and any formation can beat any formation at any given time.

Red Arrows, Blue Arrows: I don't really know if they work. I never play with arrows.
    who knows if they work. supposedly nordeus says that they make the player play a different position on attack or defense, whetehr that is true or not is up for debate.

Player Morale: I realized that when I have low morale my players decide to "kill" themselves, however that happens in full morale games too.
    Player Condition: Probably makes sense, my players perform like idiots when they play with low condition.
    look at the thread cracicot made if it is still hanging around and look at what itayfranko says and you can see that morale and condition mean absolute crap most of the time. I am sure thare are times where it makes sense and can cause injury if they are low, but even that is up for debate. If a team with zero condition and zero morale with an illegal formation can win then what is the use? i have stopped giving blue paks for one of my accounts to see if that does anything and all of them are cuurently red meaning in the 50% range and I am sitting seventh and trying to lose and won 2 and tied one of my last 3 games.

Special abilities: I don't think they make any difference, my players without special abilities play awesome too, so...
    ageed. I see many people win leagues handily with hardly any players with SA. useless.

Attacking, Hard Attacking, Defending, Hard Defending: In my opinion they work, atleast when I use them they actually change the way my team plays I think.
    who knows what they do exactly. Nordeus hasnt officialy said what they do, unless I am mistaken only forum members have explained them and how would they know. logic only goes so far in this game at the best of times.

Long-, Short- and Mixed Passing: I rarely use that, but when I play attacking I use Short Passing, don't really know if it makes a difference.
    Playing down on Left-, Right- and Both Flanks, playing through the middle: That's what I use the most, in my opinion that really matters, as example if I have an AML and an AMR I play on both flanks, otherwise my players are too stupid to attack.
    2 obvious ones that dont need explanation

so again does anything in this game really matter? I am going to dedicate one account next season to go illegal formation and no morale or condition and give results like itayfranko to see if it can be replicated. only then will the hardcore cheerleaders see the reality.

Are there any ambitions what so ever to improve this game? Or is it only a pay to win game? I'm in season 10 now and enjoyed the game for the first 5-6 seasons but as with all these managergames the flaws are too big and you soon get frustrated and goes on to antoher managergame. I've played a number of managergames throughout the years and they all suffer from the inability to adapt and improve.

The major flaw I see is that game is completely useless if you want to plan and build a solid team in the long run, since pretty much all of your players are too poor to fit in your lineup everytime you advance. This is ridiculous and I never sign a youth player since they don't have any future in my club if I advance.

Your coaching, planning and strategies are completely worthless because when you face a ptw-team that is about ten points better than you your chances of winning are pretty much zero. The skill factor has been downsized way too much.
    Last edited by Captain Ahab; 12-30-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    dimdim1 and rastaman70 like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Ahab View Post
    Are there any ambitions what so ever to improve this game? Or is it only a pay to win game? I'm in season 10 now and enjoyed the game for the first 5-6 seasons but as with all these managergames the flaws are too big and you soon get frustrated and goes on to antoher managergame. I've played a number of managergames throughout the years and they all suffer from the inability to adapt and improve.

The major flaw I see is that game is completely useless if you want to plan and build a solid team in the long run, since pretty much all of your players are too poor to fit in your lineup everytime you advance. This is ridiculous and I never sign a youth player since they don't have any future in my club if I advance.

Your coaching, planning and strategies are completely worthless because when you face a ptw-team that is about ten points better than you your chances of winning are pretty much zero. The skill factor has been downsized way too much.
    welcome to topeleven
    dimdim1 and Captain Ahab like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast