Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Firing Blanks

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Myers View Post
    I can't score! The worry for me is I can't score. It's getting beyond a joke. My strikers are both very good, one is a skill point or two away from 6 stars while the other is just below 5 stars. I'm dominating games by as much as 75-25% possession but can't score.
    try to set difensive mood.
    I saw that I score much more in this way than in offensive set (of course same formation)

Apprentice
    Right guys, bit of an update. Won 7-0 in the league just now but played a few reserves as I've got a vital CL game coming up in ten minutes. The team I beat were managed by Bot Robot and were second bottom with only 10 points from 18 games - SO, I should be beating them in fairness.

That said, most of my goals - 5 out of the 7 - came from long range efforts. What's more worrying is that I had 3 'must score' chances and ALL went wide of the post...... That's worrying because I honestly can't remember the last time i scored a MUST SCORE chance . Could it be a bug? Is anyone else experiencing similar with the 'must score' chances that usually would go in aren't.

I'm not getting excited that the poor form is over - one swallow doesn't make a summer .

We'll see though. I'll keep you all posted!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Myers View Post
    What's more worrying is that I had 3 'must score' chances and ALL went wide of the post...... That's worrying because I honestly can't remember the last time i scored a MUST SCORE chance . Could it be a bug? Is anyone else experiencing similar with the 'must score' chances that usually would go in aren't.
    I think that is the NGE program for this season. I m also seeing alot of commentary texts like these:
    it narrowly goes wide,
    it hits past the post,
    it whistle past the post,
    but he puts it over,
    just skimmed across the bar,

Apprentice
    Perhaps I'm reading too much into it of course but to me MUST SCORE means that it's more or less an open goal and surely he should score ATLEAST 7/10 of those? That's being pessimistic too!

Apprentice
    Lost the CL game 2-1 but went through on away goals so happy with that. Didn't create much but the other guy had a much better quality team so I'm not worried about that.

The big test for me is tomorrow. Playing a team 3rd in the table (I'm 2nd), I'm the better quality by a few points too so it should be a win. Hopefully the drought will be over.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

pffft, poppy cock. torres, need i say more?
    /sarcastic

havent seen any of my previous matches, but i have lost to much weaker teams on both accounts. ima say both are in the 'why cant i score' phase. how were your CL matches? lost at home but won away?
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by littledude072 View Post
    pffft, poppy cock. torres, need i say more?
    /sarcastic

havent seen any of my previous matches, but i have lost to much weaker teams on both accounts. ima say both are in the 'why cant i score' phase. how were your CL matches? lost at home but won away?
    Won 1-0 at home.

o, congrats on winning at home then. T11 usually rolls with a loss at home and a win away
    youll get out of the slump sooner or later, my threads got slumps everywhere from both teams and we made it out just fine
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12