Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Firing Blanks

Apprentice

Angry Firing Blanks

I can't score! The worry for me is I can't score. It's getting beyond a joke. My strikers are both very good, one is a skill point or two away from 6 stars while the other is just below 5 stars. I'm dominating games by as much as 75-25% possession but can't score.

During my last 5 games in all competitions I've scored just 3 goals. All of those games I've dominated and the most frustrating thing for me is I've had 3/4 'must score' chances in all of those games and I don't even hit the target. It's followed with 'whistles past the post' or similar. I'm thankfully not conceding many, but I have lost one game 1-0 and drawn two of them 1-1.

I've been lurking on these forums for some time in search of tips but I feel now I should actually post the question myself. My team is considerably better than any other in my division and any other I've played both by star rating and individual ability.

I've tried renewing contracts, rotation and different formations. My players are always nearly at full condition and full morale. I'm at a loss to what I need to do. I'm seemingly creating plenty of chances but not scoring.

I will NEVER buy tokens though and I fear this is a deliberate attempt by the game to get me to think about buying tokens by making life difficult for me.

I watch EVERY game and probably spend an hour or so every day training my players and fine tuning tactics. Its annoying because most games I play, my opponent doesn't have 'support' by their manager Yet that also makes little difference. I also appreciate that the best team by rating doesn't guarantee success but when I do everything I beleive I can do to get results - I fire blanks.

Please help

I have faced this problem a few times in past when there are 6-10 matches in a stretch where i can't score no matter what. And then whatever u do, new signings, transfers, etc, nothing works. It becomes fine on its own. If ur defence is reliable, I will advice u to set urself to defensive formation for a few matches and play defensive with pressing own half... Its an advice, it will help u concede less, so even if u don't score many, u won't lose... And this period should end by the end of the season. It is a way of the NGE to make u shell out real money on Tokens, when u don't(u r not going to i believe), they give up and stop That is cheap play by Nord... u have to live with it

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

This happened to me too!
    When my 6* striker was injured, my other 4* star striker couldnt score for some reason.
    I decided to revert to my old settings of Attacking instead of Hard Attacking.
    Or maybe your strikers are just having a bad time of form. Blaise was back to his
    Scoring aways after 4 or 5 matches.
    Saransh Vatsa and Ian Myers like this.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LEPOARD STARS FC-Honour, Fight,Conquer
    Season 1
    -Didnt get promoted
    Season 2
    1st place
    Season 3
    1st Place+Quarter Finals Cup+Semi Finals Champions League
    Season 4
    3rd place league. CL Semis and Cup R16
    Season 5
    Erm...5th in league?
    Group stage of CL

Season 6
    Quarter finals in Cup
    5th in league

Apprentice
    Thanks for the replies guys.

It's frustrating, the form of my strikers (and the whole squad in actual fact) is pretty good! All above 7! Even in the games where I'm not scoring my strikers are scoring 7's and 8's.

I hope it doesn't last all season, as it stands I'm currently third and there's only two points separating top from 5th! I'd hate to miss out on Champions League or possibly even promotion because Nordeus want to rob me blind. I was five points clear before this problem and what's more, I'd just beat a title rival 3-0.

It's a joke.

the way i see it there are 'challenge' scripts
    sometimes youll have a good day/s streak, sometimes youll have a drop like flies streak, sometimes youll have a why cant i score streak
    tis a sad truth theyre still missing streakers

thats the pattern i see every season, im now making my way through the i cant score streak, and im hoping own goals were a part of the game. its annoying how im only winning by just a goal against terrible bottom ranked unmanaged teams when i won by around 5-9 goals against mid tables
    Ian Myers likes this.
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Try this: Assign Defensive mentality, Own Half, Normal tackle and don't watch few coming matches. That is what I did when I was getting 1-1 or 0-0 draws with too many clear chances wasted, last 3 results are all wins that reads 7-0, 3-0 and 2-0 against league leader.
    Maybe when you are watching, Nordeus wants to show you the proof that you need to invest when you watch.
    Ian Myers and littledude072 like this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    There is some good thoughts here... I do not understand how you could think that they could possibly "make it harder" if you don't buy tokens. I have SIX teams... I seriously buy tokens on ONE the others are farmed, and one is 35T league.. and they all have similar results.

I would say try changing from attacking to normal (or basically back down a notch from where you have it)
    and up the physical stats on your STs to where the creativity is near the same as his shooting attribute.
    Ian Myers likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikram Shrestha View Post
    Try this: Assign Defensive mentality, Own Half, Normal tackle and don't watch few coming matches. That is what I did when I was getting 1-1 or 0-0 draws with too many clear chances wasted, last 3 results are all wins that reads 7-0, 3-0 and 2-0 against league leader.
    Maybe when you are watching, Nordeus wants to show you the proof that you need to invest when you watch.
    I pretty much have those tactics already. I play 3N-2W-2N-1-2 with wing backs pushing forward and AMC pushing forward too. That's served me so we'll so far, I've 2 out of 3 league titles, a champions league win and a cup win. I've scored 66 goals in 18 games and conceded just 10 BUT the last four league games have brought about only 3 goals. So that higlights how much of a difference it has been.

Will try the not watching idea as that's all I have left at my disposal I guess. Although it'll be hard because I enjoy supporting my team because of the benefits you receive from it. I've tried all other suggested methods. Perhaps I'll let it play a few minutes and then log on to watch. Hopefully I'll be 4-0 up by the time I log on

i bought some tokens and still have those no-win periods
    and i already lost the 1st place in league, hoping to stay in top 4
    i will drop out from CL in the next match, cup is yet to be played
    no matter what, DONT buy tokens, you wont do any better with them but instead youll get even more frustrated

See... if u don't buy tokens, this all happens to make u buy them.... and if u buy tokens, this all happens to make u buy more
    So it is all related to tokens, no matter if u buy it already or not.. Nord wants more
    Ivan Ivanov 000 likes this.

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast