Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Are results pre-determined before a ball is kicked?

Sadly to say, but yesterday saw something strange and come to conclusion that results are pre-determined.
    I watched one match of my friend, and shortly after the HT, when score was 0-5, I went to his profile to see how was in the League. I was suprised to see that the ranking was updated with the match in progress. I went back to Live, curious to see if it remain the same score, but no, till the end, my friend scored another 2 goals. After all round over, the rank was unchanged from the ~57th minute of live match.

Rookie
    But guys .. does it really matter? All in all, even if the games were predetermined, what would it change? It's 3 minutes of our life, or 7.5e-8% of our lives. We'd still have to watch the match, for one reason or another.
    Exeter FC - Season 2 (21.5)

Past 5 games: W - W - W - W -W

League:
    Season 1 - 7th (someone should have warned me about illegal formations earlier!)
    Season 2 - 5th (yeah, err, yeah. See above.)
    Season 3 - currently 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    I think the only way to prove that the games are NOT pre-determined is by getting a substitute player that substitutes an injured player and scores a goal or makes an assist, reason being would be the match engine would not be able to determine that would happen before kick-off because its a result of your manager interaction during mid-game.
    Kevin Mensah injured in a match and I put Savage on in play and he scored, so that theory goes out the window.

Last edited by July Fourth; 02-19-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Yesterday I brought in my AMC at half time.... 2 minutes later he scored.... didn't even have an AMC in the 1st half...
    Newark City

Season 1 - 4th Place.... but hey....

Rookie
    Kevin Mensah injured in a match and I put Savage on in play and he scored, so that theory goes out the window.
    Savage
    Exeter FC - Season 2 (21.5)

Past 5 games: W - W - W - W -W

League:
    Season 1 - 7th (someone should have warned me about illegal formations earlier!)
    Season 2 - 5th (yeah, err, yeah. See above.)
    Season 3 - currently 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by Stafford View Post
    No not that Savage, This Savage here...

Quote Originally Posted by Stafford View Post
    But guys .. does it really matter? All in all, even if the games were predetermined, what would it change? It's 3 minutes of our life, or 7.5e-8% of our lives. We'd still have to watch the match, for one reason or another.
    Not really matter, but no more panic to change tactics/players live, as the result was determined before start. Now is more important to give importance to tactics/quality when prepare the game... Once that came the 2 minutes before game it is nothing more to do, than open the beer and "watch" the game, and maybe make 1 sub to receive the blue pack.

In this pic Savage scored, but not he replaced Adams and not injuried Mensah? :P

Quote Originally Posted by marc31 View Post
    Not really matter, but no more panic to change tactics/players live, as the result was determined before start. Now is more important to give importance to tactics/quality when prepare the game... Once that came the 2 minutes before game it is nothing more to do, than open the beer and "watch" the game, and maybe make 1 sub to receive the blue pack.

In this pic Savage scored, but not he replaced Adams and not injuried Mensah? :P
    Hmmm... I find that very strange because when I was playing I swapped Mensah straight for Savage and then Vasko for Adams.

Rookie
    yesterday i was losing 1-0 to a weak team and my substitute score 2 goals in the second half.. they never could know that he would go in the game..

Hmmmm.... well many times I start to think all sports are pre-determined.... TOO much money in sports...
    We get a few scandals from year to year and people think.... Oh... that sucks... good thing it doesn't happen
    all the time....

Vegas largely controls sports in the US.... and much of the rest of the world is more accepting of sports betting...
    you do the math!
    Newark City

Season 1 - 4th Place.... but hey....

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast