Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Tanking a season

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by reddeviljohn View Post
    Great, tanking does not help the cup draw as I have just found, but 28 wins from 26 league games I would love to see that lol
    I dont think someone tanks to get a better cup draw. i think it has more to do with not assigning the skill points and coming in low in the league gets you a more favorable cup draw. but of course all this is not confirmed.

I always saw tanking as for non-token buyers who couldn't compete with token buyers. Tanking gives the non-token buyer a season to train their players hard to get the star rating up while staying at yhe same level for a few seasons.

As for saving skill points to get an easier cup draw. I tried it one year and although I did get a slightly easier draw it wasnt that easy. I think you would have to do it for 2 or 3 seasons to see a real difference.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB79 View Post
    I always saw tanking as for non-token buyers who couldn't compete with token buyers. Tanking gives the non-token buyer a season to train their players hard to get the star rating up while staying at yhe same level for a few seasons.

As for saving skill points to get an easier cup draw. I tried it one year and although I did get a slightly easier draw it wasnt that easy. I think you would have to do it for 2 or 3 seasons to see a real difference.
    I won the league last season with one of my accounts and saved all my skill points, like 650. Since I won last season, its an automatic tank season so I can get my guys back up to 4-5 stars and compete again. of course since I am tanking, I am not assigning the skill points and should have 2 seasons worth of skill points to assign at the end of this campaign. That means I should get a good cup draw based on my players be way underskilled for the level. we shall soon see

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post
    I won the league last season with one of my accounts and saved all my skill points, like 650. Since I won last season, its an automatic tank season so I can get my guys back up to 4-5 stars and compete again. of course since I am tanking, I am not assigning the skill points and should have 2 seasons worth of skill points to assign at the end of this campaign. That means I should get a good cup draw based on my players be way underskilled for the level. we shall soon see
    The unused SP are still assigned to the player by the game engine though. I know that from power training players and watching the speed they train decrease the instant their total points, assigned or not, break through the next * level.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I have for sure noticed the training slow down, but as I assign most of my points, could never be sure if it affects my Cup.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    The unused SP are still assigned to the player by the game engine though. I know that from power training players and watching the speed they train decrease the instant their total points, assigned or not, break through the next * level.
    fair enough, but my point is that I will be put in an easier bracket because of the lack of stars and quality.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post
    fair enough, but my point is that I will be put in an easier bracket because of the lack of stars and quality.
    I know that's what you meant, but that implies the game engine doesn't recognize the points in the cup draw, even though we know it recognizes them when training, applied or not.
    In a well constructed game that wouldn't happen, but this is Top Eleven so who knows...........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12