Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Ask the Devs?

Thanks, you just got one thing wrong, I support my fellow countryman Cris Ronaldo, but not Real Madrid, never, I don't like Spanish teams, specially linked to dictator Franco.

I fully support my home city club from my country, Sporting CP, Lisbon, it's where CR7 was "made", by the way.

But if you ask me I would prefer watching CR7 in Barcelona.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic View Post
    End of March?

That crosses a bit the line of not giving 2 flying cents to customers.

What they have in hands in the meantime?

They are over 100 people programming an Adobe Flash game that would be peanuts for 20 programmers.

Look at this video, they look like as if they are involved in the next World of Warcraft... or the next landing on the Moon:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=65rQw_f...%3D65rQw_f9gBM

Branko Milutinovic is one of those witty guys like Zuckerberg, but this guy here is making a fortune with a game that has 5% of the science of a game from 1994.

Just remember the complexity of X-Wing or even apparently simple games like Transport Tycoon. Little Big Adventure, Dune. Mortal Kombat had a smaller staff and it was infinitely more complex, while some of these guys were not even born.

There are people out there sweating blood for a couple of €uros a day, while this lot is making a fortune with a game that could run on a Commodore, 30 years ago.

Really, and here comes one guy looking like is an emissary from planet Krypton, carrying a special message to the earthlings.

God will hear what mortals have to say in March, about a game with an "engine" (I'm laughing now) that resembles the few thousand lines of the 48k black and white manager simulator game called The Boss.

Good advertising and thousands of south eastern Asian guys paying for this. And there you have 100 new rich kids.

Really, it insults the memory of guys like Infogrames or Codemasters founders, makes me want to erase this game and whatever is related to it.

You can't do anything about it but it still makes any person with good sense feel gutted, to be very nice.
    well said. the main thing is that this game is mickey mouse compared to candy crush in terms of gameplay, which this game has absolutely none. CANDY CRUSH SAGA ffs! T11 is a simulation and not even a good one. They can do better. much better with the manpower and resources the profess to have. the question is why is this game not much better????

Quote Originally Posted by MDKII View Post
    Because Ask the Devs takes up developers' time and we won't have as much information to share if we do one in the immediate future and one again in two months. Sorry, but we won't be able to host two in such a short span.
    So let's just do one now that deals with the current major issues in the game? Take a poll on here on what subjects we want to ask the devs about, the problems that exsist in the game now or about any upcoming new features?

If you try and combine the two together then I guarantee you alot of questions will be unanswered and this forum will keep on being one giant vent thread.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB79 View Post
    So let's just do one now that deals with the current major issues in the game? Take a poll on here on what subjects we want to ask the devs about, the problems that exsist in the game now or about any upcoming new features?

If you try and combine the two together then I guarantee you alot of questions will be unanswered and this forum will keep on being one giant vent thread.
    no, we need to start a new thread that is stickied, and have forum members post the questions they want, and then make sure they get updated in the first post so they are the first things that are read so there is not a crapload of questions repeated. Since I am not on this forum as often anymore, I suggest yourself would be a better choice. Cat can sticky it, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman70 View Post
    no, we need to start a new thread that is stickied, and have forum members post the questions they want, and then make sure they get updated in the first post so they are the first things that are read so there is not a crapload of questions repeated. Since I am not on this forum as often anymore, I suggest yourself would be a better choice. Cat can sticky it, I believe.

This is the best idea. One place, 1 Original Post for all Questions. Then they can't even make that lame excuse of not seeing or noticing a certain question

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

MDKII
    We will open a thread for players to submit questions as the event draws closer.

And since this thread is devolving into mud-slinging, I'm locking it.

MDKII
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic View Post
    End of March?

That crosses a bit the line of not giving 2 flying cents to customers.

What they have in hands in the meantime?

They are over 100 people programming an Adobe Flash game that would be peanuts for 20 programmers.
    I'd just like to address a few things here, since there seem to be a few misconceptions.

Nordeus does have over 100 people employed, but not every person is programming in Adobe Flash and working constantly on Top Eleven. If you look through our website, we have various openings at different times. There are development, art, administrative teams, design teams, etc. Saying that each person employed works on coding Top Eleven simply isn't true, since there are many different things that need to be done, like server infrastructure, finance, marketing, localization...

And then you have to keep in mind that we aren't working solely on Top Eleven. The majority of our teams is working on Top Eleven, but we also have various unannounced projects that require development time and resources.

Now, even all this considered, you can just say to grab any of the Top Eleven Devs. When we say "Ask the Devs", we have a very specific number of people who can do this, like people who have a very intimate understanding of our release schedule and development roadmap, the current status of features in development and so on. And as you can imagine, these people who can answer most of your questions have a very tight schedule.

So no, it's not as simple as grabbing any of 100 employees and having them just answer all your questions and be done with it. So we'd rather do an Ask the Devs later and offer a more quality session, than do it a few times and have it be subpar.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234