Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Beating a far better team

Famous

Beating a far better team

I see hundreds of people complaining about lower rated teams beating them (it's happened to me more than once!!), but if this is so common then where are all these 'winners'.
    Surely there must be loads of you out there who's team has recorded a win against someone rated much higher?
    What's your best win?

probably 1-5 away against a team with 8ish above my head, and best part is, i was inactive for a week. so yeah, dont watch your games kids
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Quote Originally Posted by littledude072 View Post
    probably 1-5 away against a team with 8ish above my head, and best part is, i was inactive for a week. so yeah, dont watch your games kids
    I often score more goals when I don't watch. However, the game is more interesting when you're coaching even though I'm not sure if it does help at all, so I do watch most of my games.

When you are winning the trick to score loads of goals is not make subs too early. Try to stick to your starting 11 and more often than not they will add to the tally. That is why you score more when u don't watch. I suspect that a lot of managers make changes by the 60th minute, which disrupts the simulation.

For example at 4-0 up, what happens to me usually is whn I make a sub in the 60-65th minute, my team stop scoring. But if I wait for the 75th minute, I would probably be 6,7,8-0 up.

Back to the topic, I've beaten someone who had a stronger squad and was 3 levels above me (7-0 & 5-0), but apparently he was inactive for more than two months. He became a bot not long after that. LOL.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

I stick with the same formation. It seems to be working well. I'm 4-3-3. My form is 8-9. Haven't never been beaten by a weaker team. I attack the weakest side or point.
    Arion likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Slaughter View Post
    I stick with the same formation. It seems to be working well. I'm 4-3-3. My form is 8-9. Haven't never been beaten by a weaker team. I attack the weakest side or point.
    I´ve never tried (point) pointing at another team I´ll give it a go

Addicted
    well...in the last round of the CUP....first, i had away game...i forgot to put my 1st team up...all 11 players on the field was my sub...and in the formation i never use ( 3-2-3-2 cause i have 2 sub ST while i don't have sub DMC) .... and i over train my sub for the bonus....all my players on the field only have max 50% condition ... and then i fall asleep.... when i woke up...the game was over...and log in and see the score.... won 5:1 =.=!!

and several days ago.... for the home game...i put on all my first team...99% condition...i watched the game....well...i lost 2:1 =.=!! (and only my DC scoring -.- )

the team i facing is in LV13...higher Q than me... (i am LV11) ...so...yea...not watching the game won the game -.-!
    Arion likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    I see hundreds of people complaining about lower rated teams beating them (it's happened to me more than once!!), but if this is so common then where are all these 'winners'.
    Surely there must be loads of you out there who's team has recorded a win against someone rated much higher?
    What's your best win?
    That's a good first question. I came to the conclusion that the other managers where just NOT there. I never lose when I play a far weaker side and the other manager is present. Troll result occur against crap, half-abandoned teams. Just when the game decides to trick you. On the other hand, I regularly win against better sides in cup but the question remain about how well prepared was my opponent. In league, usually the best team wins provided the manager behaves seriously.
    To answer your second question, my best win is a 3-0 second leg victory in cup (1-4 in first leg) against a team 1* better that me in average. In this case, the manager was there (on top of that, he was also a treble holder). And he probably ate his hat this day.
    Last edited by gizzmo; 04-15-2016 at 01:40 PM.

Beating a much stronger team is possible, but it is very difficult to repeat this feat many times in a season, especially if the opposing manager is 'active' (that is, enough to win a competition consisting of mainly much higher quality teams). It is better to be at least above the average quality of the competition you want to win.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Beating a far better team-s34-champ-cc-round-6-rigun-fc.jpg

Casuals Level 30; opponents Level 31 - it wasn't pretty, but it's the result that matters if it gets you CL qualification to the knockout phase...

Beating a far better team-s34-champ-hl-round-6.jpg
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast