Thread: Contracts and retirement

Rookie

Contracts and retirement

Was just wondering given older players seem to opt for retirement when their contract is running down, if I get an oldie to sign a new contract that runs until he is 34 does this guarantee he will not retire before then? I have a couple of oldies in my team that ideally I'd sell at the end of next season but wondering whether it's worth selling sooner to recoup some value.

good luck trying to sell them. many free agent +32 YOs often cry themselves to sleep at night (no one buys them)
    if you do renew their contract it might just extend it until the game decides they retire. lets say you resign a 31 YO and they end up retiring at 32 YO, itd be kind of a waste
    so yeah, you should try to sell your players before they hit 30 and hope someone needs an emergency transfer
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Rookie
    One is 29, the other 30 and both are 5* at this level, so presumably I'd ideally want rid at the end of next season at the earliest. While they're not among my best players, they are pretty important for the squad at present so I'd be loathe to get rid sooner. Both have two years left on their contracts. Surely there are some people who buy oldies, perhaps at bargain prices?