Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: How are results determined?

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I have multiple teams. My main team BvB I farm and buy Tokens. The others are pretty much just farm teams, besides the 35T League team. So I *buy* what might be considered a fair amount of T on one team, but the others aren't losing, currently all but one of my teams are in CL spots, except the one I decided to invest 5$ in this season.. it's in fifth place. I have yet to tank any of them, but I have failed to promote twice in the 35T League, because I managed my team badly.

I think Tokens make it easier to compete but don't make you better at this game.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rookie
    When the game-commentary freezes its cause its assessing the data

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rookie
    People might think they understand football but even in a game-like this its complex

Quote Originally Posted by Fate85 View Post
    This is scary because starting next season (Season 7) I actually plan to not spend a cent on tokens, having spent in past seasons and winning almost everything, including 3 trebles between seasons 2 and 5. So what? Tank next season? But I really want to get promoted!
    watch out, season 7s when the inactives get filtered out and youre left with a mainly active league. im at lvl 7 ATM and there are 3 tokeners in my league ATM. as the great and powerful dorothy once put it, 'just keep swimming, just keep swimming'
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Quote Originally Posted by Fate85 View Post
    This is scary because starting next season (Season 7) I actually plan to not spend a cent on tokens, having spent in past seasons and winning almost everything, including 3 trebles between seasons 2 and 5. So what? Tank next season? But I really want to get promoted!
    Believe me you will feel better for keeping your money. I do.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by littledude072 View Post
    watch out, season 7s when the inactives get filtered out and youre left with a mainly active league. im at lvl 7 ATM and there are 3 tokeners in my league ATM. as the great and powerful dorothy once put it, 'just keep swimming, just keep swimming'
    I'm Season 6 now and I have an active League with all but 2 teams tracking every game. At the start of the season, I went into the League table and saw 11 blue-ed out names, being all T11 friends known from bidding wars and cup/CL finals etc. We all thought it was crazy, but we also all knew Nordeus wanted to put all of the top guns together. For perspective, my plan to not buy scout players went out the window due to pressure - I bought 2. The other teams, well, 1 bought 6, the other bought 7, with other scout players sprinkled here and there.

Madness.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    I have multiple teams. My main team BvB I farm and buy Tokens. The others are pretty much just farm teams, besides the 35T League team. So I *buy* what might be considered a fair amount of T on one team, but the others aren't losing, currently all but one of my teams are in CL spots, except the one I decided to invest 5$ in this season.. it's in fifth place. I have yet to tank any of them, but I have failed to promote twice in the 35T League, because I managed my team badly.

I think Tokens make it easier to compete but don't make you better at this game.
    Agreed, purely because of how teams are paired.

I have a lot of teams (and I mean, A LOT) - main team being Charsenal FC. I buy tokens for Charsenal but not for the rest, but the rest are still winning trophies (not merely CL spots!).

Nordeus is putting token buyers with token buyers, or non-token-buying prudent spenders and farmers with token buyers in order for these people to slug it out, urging them to buy more and more so Nordeus makes more and more.

I say this because for my other teams, I have never encountered teams like my own Charsenal, with almost an entire team of 6 stars after 2 weeks due to training, and yet, these other teams are doing very well against the teams paired against them = mediocre teams.

I would love to take Charsenal FC out from the upper echelons, to make life easier and to lessen the need to spend real money on tokens... but am I too deep into the hole to pull myself out? I mean, if teams are grouped according to the managers' behavior and average rating and quality, then I would prefer to be grouped with non-spending managers. It was a mistake to start spending in the first place!

hmm, pairing seems true though. last season i had 4 tokeners in my league. they had a good team averaging 5 stars with an occasional 4 star retiree. when i became 1st for a few days they all turned into tokeners. sad thing is they all collapsed a weekish later, probably due to high wages and the occasional *wink wink* to the ref
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Philip Carr View Post
    When the game-commentary freezes its cause its assessing the data

you have no proof of this and I dont see this game commentary freeze on a regular basis, or at all. During the time of the commentary "freeze" as you say, you can still make changes, which is contrary to what happens at the start of the game where it actually, really, freezes and you cant make ANY changes. big difference. so to say that it freezes at any time after the start of the game is guessing.

plus it doesnt need to freeze during the game because the changes you make are small in terms of code for the commentary to change. it simply has no need to freeze to recalculate the results based on your changes because the result is already determined.

Rookie
    I just think common sense has to prevail,However the game works its still pleasurable , stressing over the workings doesn t do anyone any good ,I dont agree with lots of game related stuff However I still get great pleasure from it ,we,re also lucky to have these opportunities to discuss things.

Cat Harrison likes this.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast