Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: form problems

Angry form problems

i've been scrapping victories left and right, but irrespective of the quality of my team(best in my league), some of my best players(especially my goalkeeper) are in pathetic form. for the last 6 or 7 games, they consistently rate at 5...with the odd 6 here or there. i've checked their morale...and they're mostly superb. what's going on? i believe this is the reason why i struggle against teams that shouldn't even be half a problem.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Generally goal keepers do score low unless your opponent is having lots of shots and he is producing lots of saves, or he saves a penalty, so dont worry to much about that, as for your other players this can depend on them playing in the right position, being well trained,also when you buy players try to get the HOT PROSPECT players otherwise you could be buying other managers cast offs( the low rated academy players) that no body wants. Another thing is your team formation as well because some players score better in some formations and poor in others so its a case of trial by error till you get your best team!, the golden rule I have found is to buy young players, try to stay away from 4 & 9s as you end up in a bidding war and players cost you lots of tokens, HOT PROSPECTS or SCOUTS, when you can afford them and last of all and this is working for me have a minimum of 22 players, 11 first team and 11 sub/reserves at least 1 to cover every position of your first team. the reason for this is so I play my strongest team in the LG and my weaker one in the cups as the winning revenue is much better for the LG than the cups so this must be your priority!!!,.
    You may think this a load of Waffle but I am on L6 having started level 1 half way through the season but still managed fourth, since then I have won 4 LG IN A ROW & CURRENTLY 11 POINTS AHEAD IN LEVEL 6, I try to go as far as I can in the cups but ALWAYS put my LG matches first, I have reached the quarter finals of the CL once but as long as I make the mini league of the CPL thats fine by me, I have been thoroughly honest in my tactics I hope it makes things a little clearer now Jim.
    jim jones and Maxtax like this.

Fir Tree, Durham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    A lot of what you've put makes sense Skidz. I'm on lvl 10 and the champions league money is worth chasing later on, the cup is not worth it though other than bragging rights.

You might have a dud player Jim i've bought a few on my way up. High value, good quality level but they just don't perform when it comes to stats so you have to sell the problem to someone else. It hurts if buying them cost you a truck load of tokens. I give players about 5-6 games from when i sign them if they only score 5-6 match stats they get sold. Although my friends have said that i should have called my team Revolving Door FC
    Skidz likes this.

I have a few good players who go on runs and get 7 to 9 match rating, then they slump and return 5-6, even 4 at times.

And I am only talking about league matches. I rotate for CL & Cups.

I noticed that if I drop them for 2-3 games and put them back in, they will get their form back. Not sure wht the GE logic is tho.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

yep, simulated streaks and slumps, when your players are having trouble performing. both of my teams are currently in a slump, which is new to me this time of the season
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...team-form.html
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Hi, I also had this problem too... The player just couldn't perform.

form problems-kaloyan-stoyanov.jpg

Planning to sell off near end of season soon...

Im sure ive read somewhere that your supposed to rest players as well so this may well be the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    Im sure ive read somewhere that your supposed to rest players as well so this may well be the problem.
    I don't know where you're getting your information from? - You only need to rest players if you have no greens and they are of poor condition. Its a game run by code and therefore resting players that have 99% condition is not necessary.

As for ratings, my goalkeeper gets 5's and 6's every game and he has let in 4 goals this season in total. 7 goals last season in total. I have a MC that scores most games and is on 28 goals in 19 Games yet he gets 4's 5's and the odd 6. I don't think its anything to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    I don't know where you're getting your information from? - You only need to rest players if you have no greens and they are of poor condition. Its a game run by code and therefore resting players that have 99% condition is not necessary.

As for ratings, my goalkeeper gets 5's and 6's every game and he has let in 4 goals this season in total. 7 goals last season in total. I have a MC that scores most games and is on 28 goals in 19 Games yet he gets 4's 5's and the odd 6. I don't think its anything to worry about.
    I was referring to managers playing in both competitions with the same players. even with double teams as I mentioned in my first post its hard to change every player every match due to injuries and suspensions, unless you have a great wad of cash and are buying booster packs every day it is impossible to keep players at full strength thus poor ratings!, my results through my tactics speak for themselves!, I HAVE NEVER SPENT A PENNY!!!. I have a 48 One on one stopper goal keeper who I bought as a scout last year, he has played every league game and has only scored 77776 yet I have a youth goal keeper who has only played a dozen games in the cup and scores 97777 so dont expect to get high ratings from him ever really.
    Last edited by Skidz; 01-31-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
    Have you read rastamans thread, is this dumb or what? Players condition seems to have little bearing on how players perform.
    WE WELCOME THE CHASE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast