Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 LastLast
Like Tree1085Likes

Thread: Season 50 (09.02.14/08.03.14)

As expected Kentucky FC finished second in our level 13 league. We shocked too much at the end of the season, while St Domingo played very consistent, congrats.

Season 50 (09.02.14/08.03.14)-leaguelevel13.jpg
    Season 50 (09.02.14/08.03.14)-kfc_level13.jpg
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Founded: January, 16th 2013
    League level: 20
    "We are no cup team, we are a pub team"

- FCK stories from time to time, when I look around. -

League Round 26

July Fourth 6-0 zio valter
    Al Calavicci Testimonial

July Fourth ended the season in style in the Calavicci Testimonial match, On 10 minutes we took the lead from the player we are honouring today as Calavicci got through on goal and took it round the keeper to give us the lead, July Fourth then were quiet for most of the game and it wasn't until the 79th minute in the 2nd half we scored the goals, Watson playing on Benayoun for his 32nd of the season and has been our top scorer this season, then a Petersen corner found Regal who also has has a fine season for a header for 3-0, Then Papaleo scored next before Box only got his 2nd in a July Fourth shirt, Then Watson finished off the scoring in the 89th minute.

Goals: Calavicci (10) Benayoun (79) Regal (83) Papaleo (84) Box (85) Watson (89) MOTM: Lamb.

We actually scored enough goals in our match today that would of seen us win the title had El Capo lost today, But they won 3-0 and we ended up in 2nd for only the 2nd time in over 2 years of playing T11. I'm pleased with the players efforts to give our long time serving defender Al Calavicci a good memorable match in his testimonial and he has a goal to remember too.

So... Let's take a little bit of time to remember Al Calavicci's career for July Fourth. He has been one of our greatest performing defenders over the past 9 seasons he has spent at the club, Although when we purchased Calavicci along with Beckett on the scout list, we were not in any real need of a defender at the time with Dino Childs being the main defender from the previous, Dino Childs was good, But Calavicci was even better and very rarely made many mistakes and eventually won his place in the team as a regular starter. Since being bought as a 22 year old, He spent 5 of his seasons at 8* but never actually made it to 9* and he put up some of his best performances against the likes of LaFruta, Ottomans, Jon Utd and El Capo in his prime and that helped us massively towards a second time that July Fourth won 3 consecutive trebles in L24,25 and 26 and he was also a big part of the defence that made our 26-0-0 in the league back in L21. However age became a factor and was a little inconsistent in the final of his seasons at 8* and then was not upgraded anymore by PT and then was demoted to a reserve/substitute role at the club in which he is able to still give out very high performances to this present day and only recently he passed the 300 game mark which not many players do in T11.

Al Calavicci, Played 303, Goals 24, Assists 3, MOTM 24.
    8 League Titles 8 Champions League Titles 3 Cup Titles

khris, Dman2pt and Cat Harrison like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

We won the League!!!!

Here is my winning squad-

These are my forwards stats- Again my Captain Niloo Crofts leading in everything

Dman2pt and Cat Harrison like this.

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Player of the Season-

For the third time in a row, the POTS award goes to Niloo Crofts making him the only player at my club to get it thrice. He was a captain and led from the front. He is a true legend. Here is his performance this season-

Here are his attributes-

Important mention to AML/AMC Zelenka who had a fantastic season, 2nd highest scorer and assister. Even Friera played well and he retires today. Farewell to him.
    Even my defence was awesome. Khaled, Nunez, Bahrini and Godden did a fantastic job.
    A great season altogether even though i did not spend much time on my team....

Tell us ur opinion-

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Congrats to all those who won something this season.

Tell us ur opinion-

Mourinho Slaughtered

fugazi, Raykco, Dman2pt and 2 others like this.

A 5-2 win away against nr 3 decides the most exciting league we've had so far. I didn't expect to win the league with this team, as all teams in the top 5 are/were around 5 avg Q stronger. We started out in the middle of the rankings but our youngsters made great progress during the season and fought there way to the nr 1 spot in the final week. In the CL we were knocked out in the semi's, but a first ever Cup win made more then up for that.

Season 50 (09.02.14/08.03.14)-rank26.jpg

Ajax, who are in lvl 2 had already won the league 3 matches prior to the end with my 2 ST being the strongholders. One as league topscorer with 32 goals, while the other was the leagues best rated. We lost the CL final as expected, but I'ld like to think we gave them a good fight.

Season 50 (09.02.14/08.03.14)-clfinal.jpgSeason 50 (09.02.14/08.03.14)-clfinal1.jpg

My primary account went into tanking mode 10 days ago. We ended in 9th position, mainly by injuries and default losses. But we're performing well again, winning our last 3 matches comfortably.

Not a bad season, with 2 league titles and a Cup victory. considering one desastrous season of my main account.

Rookie
    After Shadow FC secured yesturday a back to back treble today one of my other teams cipri neiconi FC clinched the tighest league title that i played thus far. It was a race in 5 neck to neck till the final days. Would like to congratulate the managers that made the league very exciting and who challanged me and made me give my best till the very end
    Season 50 (09.02.14/08.03.14)-league-winner.jpg
    Season 50 (09.02.14/08.03.14)-league-winner-shadow.jpg

Well folks it's that time again...

July Fourth Season Review

July Fourth Season Summary (Game Season 50, My Season 28, My Level 28)

League
    Final Position 2nd Played 26 Won 21 Drawn 4 Lost 1 GF 75 GA 16 GD +59 PTS 67
    July Fourth and El Capo went into a title race battle that was similar to last season, But this time it was El Capo that came out the title winners this season and denying July Fourth only their 2nd league title in 2 years, We did beat El Capo home and away and eneded up with the same 21-4-1 record that won us the league last season but El Capo fared better than us against the other 12 teams in the league than we did and that ultimately cost us the league title.

Champions League
    Final Position Winner Played 13 Won 10 Drawn 2 Lost 1 GF 32 GA 11 GD +21
    July Fourth tactically won the Champions League this season by losing a match against ZAMO VIGO in the group stage to end up 2nd in the group, then easily beat PIPPO and Jon Utd to advance to the SF against Hansa Rostock who made it a tough tie after a 1-1 draw at home and we had to fight out a scrappy 2-1 away win to reach the final to face LaFruta for the 3rd consecutive final in a row, Again the final was close, we recovered from a goal down to win the final 2-1.

Cup
    Final Position Winner Played 13 Won 12 Drawn 1 Lost 0 GF 44 GA 8 GD +36
    The Cup was the only of the 3 competitions that July Fourth had remained unbeaten in and were successful, but it didn't come to easy, They did brush aside BigBang,INCORRUPT and PmUIAfFeH away quite convioncingly before overcoming a tough last 16 tie against LaFruta winning both legs 3-2, Then saw off Jon Utd 3-0 before a 2-2 draw in the return in the quarters, BVB Dortmund RG did well to get to the SF's this season, but July Fourth had too much for them in the end winning 2-0 and 3-1, Then the final was against our main rivals El Capo and we won this 1-0 with a Fuad Martin winner in a very tight match that could of easily went the other way.

Total Games in all 3 competitions: Played 52 Won 43 Drawn 7 Lost 2 GF 151 GA 35 GD +116
    So another good season overall with only 2 defeats and only El Capo's consistency and our rather casual performances in the league this season is what seperates us from the treble.

Appearances
    45 - Chano Petersen
    44 - Ryogo Kusama, Stacey Papaleo
    43 - Sandy Beech
    42 - Angel Miku-Zidane, Yossi Benayoun
    41 - Frankie Harrison, James Lamb, Twenty Regal
    39 - Ivor Hardy
    38 - Fuad Martin
    37 - Miku

Goals
    32 - Yossi Benayoun
    24 - Stacey Papaleo
    18 - Ryogo Kusama
    11 - Chano Petersen, Fuad Martin
    10 - Angel Miku-Zidane
    9 - Danny Watson
    6 - Hatsune Miku

Assists
    18 - Stacey Papaleo
    15 - Chano Petersen
    7 - Danny Watson
    6 - Angel Miku-Zidane
    5 - Yossi Benayoun

Man Of The Match
    7 - Yossi Benayoun
    6 - Ryogo Kusama, Stacey Papaleo
    5 - Chano Petersen

Performance Of The Season
    July Fourth 5-0 Jon Utd (Champions League Quarter-Final, 1st Leg)
    This was possibly the best game from us this season to be fair, Jon Utd have always had a decent team and getting this tie done and dusted in the first leg was very helpful in the CL, We did something similar too in our Cup Tie that was 3-0. Both the second legs ended in draws since we did the hard work in each of the first legs.

Disappointment Of The Season
    PIPPO FC 2-1 July Fourth (League Round 25)
    This match here cost us the unbeaten record in the league and also possibly the league title. We went into HT at 1-1 and a tactical error from us gave the game away and we ended up losing after chasing for goals.

Young Player of The Season
    This season we only have 4 players eligible for the YPOTS award, since 3 players are 21 and other is 19. The best young performing player has been Sandy Beech again who wins the award for the 2nd season in a row beating Frankie Harrison.

July Fourth Players Review and Player Of The Season
    Our team performances of a whole are similar to last season with 2 of the same 3 players making our top 3 from last season. Our defence was great in both of our finals we played this season, Midfield the goals came in a good supply and Papaleo produced the goods upfront once again alongside Kusama.

3RD... STACEY PAPALEO
    Papaleo once again has been excellent but probably not as good as a couple of seasons ago, A return of 24 goals and 18 assists this season is good in 3 tough competitions and also Papaleo won the top assist award in the league for us this season.

2ND... YOSSI BENAYOUN
    Benayoun has been our top goalscorer this season and has scored more goals this season than any other season that he has been at our club and that made a big impact to our results this season as he scored some winning goals, however this isn't enough for him to win POTS for the 2nd season in a row.

THE JULY FOURTH PLAYER OF THE SEASON IS...

Twenty Regal

I am delighted with Regal's contribution to the team this season and it's a great follow up to what he produced last season, I honestly think that he was the main reason why we were successful in winning the 2 cup competitions for us this season, especially in both the finals where he picked up both MOTM awards and also scored the winner in the CL Final. He isn't named Twenty Regal for nothing, He keeps players in his pocket.

Off The Pitch Performance

Financially we are still strong with nearly 2 Billion still in the bank, slight profit of £65M but we haven't really needed to do anything.

July Fourth finished the season with a fanbase of 9,736,104.

Board Meeting

No more major token investments will take place for the forseeable future.

Final League Table

There you have it... Confirmation of El Capo beating July Fourth to the league title. We were 2nd!!! For only the 2nd time July Fourth fail to win the league and that was back in L9 when July Fourth had a poor season and scraped 2nd place finishing a long way behind DFC Unill all those seasons ago. Unlike L9 which is still our only trophyless season to date... We did win both Cup and CL.

Joining El Capo and July Fourth in the CL next season are OTTOMANS 1453 and LaFruta which was the same Top 4 as last season. LaFruta needed to beat Racing Santander to make it with OTTOMANS beating Jon Utd to give LaFruta 4th on the last day.

I suspect that this season a server "hold" will take place. All 7 teams from 1st to 7th will be held back in L28 and allow more teams from L27 and below to catch up. I incorrectly predicted a server hold last season but it turns out there must be a minimum of 14 teams promoted to the next level for the new level to be created.

This is the only L28 league on our server this season and is the highest ranked competition on the server.