Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Keep Spending or Rot

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    They don't happen across my 6 teams, nor my hubby's 2. 4 of them are on the same server. It might be that position player in your teams needs some work on his attributes or maybe they don't like orders, or it could be bad luck for you... but I haven't noticed this sort of thing, and I pay attention to my injuries since they don't happen often.

And I train the heck out of my players!
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rookie
    It is not bad luck when I have 7 different browsers open at any one time (that way I don't need to sign in and out of accounts) and I send gifts one shot and I train one shot. After at least 5 seasons holding this many teams, the consistency in spurts of injuries is baffling. In this game, there can be no luck involved.

For the record, my other teams, I spent no tokens, 2 won the double last season, a few won their Leagues and a few won their Cups. My main team Charsenal did not win anything. Some forumers in here are right about being paired with teams of similar average rating, but going a bit deeper, Nordeus has a thing in place to pair you with tokeners and/or prudent spenders of tokens. I'm a trend observer and I do that for a living, in fact.

Make no mistake about it, some of you are right, that there's no need to spend money on this game (which I have now realised, being successful with other teams without spending a single cent). The 80-20 rule does apply to this game, whereby Nordeus just needs to induce 20% of players to spend, and induce the 20% of that 20% to buy more, so on and so forth. When you're paired with non-token buyers and one of them all of a sudden starts to throw a few bucks, he/she would stand a better chance at winning, despite your average rating being better. Why? Again, I have many friends playing this game, some in the same Leagues with my other teams, and that is what we are seeing. We have even run mini tests to prove this to be true.

Of course, we would love to think we are great at being a tactician, a strategist, but let's be clear of one thing: Nordeus did not make this game for charity and for our pleasure. Nordeus is one of the fastest growing game companies in Europe, and what grows companies? Profits grow companies.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

I can't say I have them open at the same time, you have done better research I think! You sound brilliant, actually. I do think there is a trend of injuries at the end of the season, but I haven't noticed them being the same time/day.. (Since I get less than average I am probably not a good example for that trend anyway)
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 02-10-2014 at 03:31 PM. Reason: clarity
    Fate85 likes this.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    I can't say I have them open at the same time, you have done better research I think! You sound brilliant, actually. I do think there is a trend of injuries at the end of the season, but I haven't noticed them being the same time/day.. (Since I get less than average I am probably not a good example for that trend anyway)
    Try the multiple browser approach!
    Firefox, Opera, Maxthon, IE, Slimbrowser, Chrome, Torch are the 7 different browsers that I use!

I've never even heard of a couple of those, but I'll try any that aren't Exploder, it runs like garbage on Win 8.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate85 View Post
    Try the multiple browser approach!
    Firefox, Opera, Maxthon, IE, Slimbrowser, Chrome, Torch are the 7 different browsers that I use!
    the problem with so many browsers is that some dont like to share flash and it crashes. IE and chrome hate each other like that.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Fate85 View Post
    I'm a trend observer and I do that for a living, in fact.
    If your job entails analysing and interpreting data then your input to the forum on these kinds of issues is very welcome.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Yeah I currentlt have 4 players injured, The last few games of the season hit me hard.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Pro
    You can definitely pick up the trends in injuries, cards, formation by playing multi accounts over different servers.
    Week 1 I am so scared to train, for fear of injuries, as well as end of week 3/ beginning of 4.

MDKII
    Pairing and success isn't calculated based on the amount of tokens purchased. We actually receive complaints the other way around as well. People who have purchased tokens ask why they lose against people who haven't.

While tokens do give an edge, we do our best to allow people to stay competitive without needing to spend money.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast