Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: League System

judging by some of the replies i'm not sure i'm fully being understood.... maybe thats my fault... Yes of course there are some managers who setup with a different country, and a name that is not native to their country............. but that does not mean that all managers who are doing this are real

Of course something that would very much help people's faith in the league system and trust in the knowledge that their time and money arent being wasted, is for the league system to be able to seen and navigated............ leagues and teams would be able to be tracked and traced and a clear picture of where managers need to aim for would become apparent................... currently it feels like we are shooting in the dark and hoping that this isnt just about credits and ad hits

In my server the top league is 34, where teams from around Lev. 33 to Lev. 47 are participating, there are no bots but only "super: fully active managers with high Q teams. More fun for me at TE was at the first Levels, and much more fun now that i reach this Levels.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    TEAM'S ACHIEVEMENTS(Est.10.5.2011) Season 47/Level ?/League 40
    24 Leagues, 13 Champion Leagues, 6 Cups, 1 Treble.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Beaton View Post
    judging by some of the replies i'm not sure i'm fully being understood.... maybe thats my fault... Yes of course there are some managers who setup with a different country, and a name that is not native to their country............. but that does not mean that all managers who are doing this are real

Of course something that would very much help people's faith in the league system and trust in the knowledge that their time and money arent being wasted, is for the league system to be able to seen and navigated............ leagues and teams would be able to be tracked and traced and a clear picture of where managers need to aim for would become apparent................... currently it feels like we are shooting in the dark and hoping that this isnt just about credits and ad hits
    Real? The bot teams are clearly bot, the abandoned teams become bots after 70 days and then disappear (or possibly get taken over in the new update). In the 1st League there are bots to fill the numbers, as people join at different parts of the season they get taken over. What do you mean, real? All the other teams have (or have had) managers, actual people, yes.

Aim for? Just like in RL the aim is to promote/win in the Leagues. Did you want an end point, a "final league"? That's much like what MaxTax has.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    Real? The bot teams are clearly bot, the abandoned teams become bots after 70 days and then disappear (or possibly get taken over in the new update). In the 1st League there are bots to fill the numbers, as people join at different parts of the season they get taken over. What do you mean, real? All the other teams have (or have had) managers, actual people, yes.

Aim for? Just like in RL the aim is to promote/win in the Leagues. Did you want an end point, a "final league"? That's much like what MaxTax has.
    yes... clearly you dont understand
    i'm not talking about bots

yes aim for... like in any game worth its salts..... if there is a league structure then it needs to be made clear and apparent so we can see who is in what league and where they were the season before.......... maybe the league where we may end up if we win this season etc................... currently there is none of this and it reminds me of something like tetris where in the end there is no reward for completing each level............ then within that Tetris example consider purchasing credits to help clear the levels and it doesnt really make sense

If you are talking about a ranking system or a kind of a Leagues chart I agree that it would add interest in the game. Regarding rewarding as you asked, i have found it by trying to keep my team in the top league where i consider it like a premier League, true or false consideration doesn't matter, I am enjoying competing with 14 monster teams and waiting till a new league level opens to be there on top league again.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    TEAM'S ACHIEVEMENTS(Est.10.5.2011) Season 47/Level ?/League 40
    24 Leagues, 13 Champion Leagues, 6 Cups, 1 Treble.

yes... clearly you dont understand
    i'm not talking about bots

yes aim for... like in any game worth its salts..... if there is a league structure then it needs to be made clear and apparent so we can see who is in what league and where they were the season before.......... maybe the league where we may end up if we win this season etc................... currently there is none of this and it reminds me of something like tetris where in the end there is no reward for completing each level............ then within that Tetris example consider purchasing credits to help clear the levels and it doesnt really make sense
    The what do you mean by real>? As I said all but bots are started by real people.

You can see if your opponent won or did well by looking at his trophies. How can they predict what the next League is? I really don't know how you could look "forward" in that respect when you have to have the current League decided before a draw can happen. League structure? The structure is if you finish in the top 7, you promote. The reward is prize money for whichever Competitions you did well in.

I truly don't understand what you mean, I'm afraid the cough medicine has fuzzed my brain or I'm just having a blonde moment.

I think the aim is to compete, win or promote in the Competitions. What else would you?
    Maxtax likes this.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    The what do you mean by real>? As I said all but bots are started by real people.

You can see if your opponent won or did well by looking at his trophies. How can they predict what the next League is? I really don't know how you could look "forward" in that respect when you have to have the current League decided before a draw can happen. League structure? The structure is if you finish in the top 7, you promote. The reward is prize money for whichever Competitions you did well in.

I truly don't understand what you mean, I'm afraid the cough medicine has fuzzed my brain or I'm just having a blonde moment.

I think the aim is to compete, win or promote in the Competitions. What else would you?

to be honest I think you are so satisfied with the setup that you cant see the flaws or alternatives

dont worry yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtax View Post
    If you are talking about a ranking system or a kind of a Leagues chart I agree that it would add interest in the game. Regarding rewarding as you asked, i have found it by trying to keep my team in the top league where i consider it like a premier League, true or false consideration doesn't matter, I am enjoying competing with 14 monster teams and waiting till a new league level opens to be there on top league again.
    no not a ranking system.......... just simply a league structure where you are able to browse the leagues.... browse a team...... browse a league's history... browse a team's history............. without this ability the managers are blind to the bigger picture of the game and it becomes one season after another of the same old with no visible progress other than one level higher

Is Arsene Wenger unable to see the Division 2 table & the teams within that? and those division 2 teams unable to search the premier league, the teams within it and the histories of those teams?...... of course not

re: seeing the league you will be promoted to in advance........ it isnt hard to understand how this is easily possible within a pyramid system

to be honest I think you are so satisfied with the setup that you cant see the flaws or alternatives

dont worry yourself
    Not worried a bit, was curious what you meant, but whatever. I thought you might help me get what you were suggesting.. I do realize flaws in this game. Any suggestions for improving the game you should for sure post in Suggestions.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pro
    The only link you do have is via the friend link and the history that you have personally gathered and can recall over the seasons. There is no museum of club history. Same as there is no league history, because there is no league system.
    There is some history in the player club stats, about goals scored, but is somewhat meaningless to the overall picture of the player, position, team, squad and club.
    The length of time required to develop a club should be made visible and it is sad that when you do make Ingame friends, you have no idea what their club background is.

I have, for about 4 seasons a few Ingame friends. One did not get promoted last season. No clubs joining or passing him will know the background of that club. The question is do they want to? Maybe not. Another friend is going the same Way in about 2 seasons.

No one really gives a hoot about how much time or resource you have put into building a team. It eventually gets abandoned and becomes another BotRot club for a few seasons and then it disappears, forever.

Excellent point, except that, you have to create your own bigger picture, cos no one else really cares.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12