Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: League System

League System

So Ive been playing this game for 8 or 9 months now and have overall been enjoying it..... but i'm starting to see the odd thing that either doesnt make sense...... or instead worryingly does make sense in a negative way.

If the top 7 in each league become promoted, then which is the very top league in the pyramid league system? ... and if more and more people join at the bottom of the league system and push their way up shouldn't that top league end up needing to be 'promoted'?

As a manager who potentially may buy credits etc I need to know what the incentive is......

On my way up the leagues i've obviously seen many teams....... some are clearly real and managed.... others have clearly been deserted and are manned by bots................ but there seems to be a large amount with conflicting info between name, country & photo.......... are the game servers making managers up and inserting them in higher leagues?
    Last edited by Matt Beaton; 02-11-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Beaton View Post
    So Ive been playing this game for 8 or 9 months now and have overall been enjoying it..... but i'm starting to see the odd thing that either doesnt make sense...... or instead worryingly does make sense in a negative way.

If the top 8 in each league become promoted, then which is the very top league in the pyramid league system? ... and if more and more people join at the bottom of the league system and push their way up shouldn't that top league end up needing to be 'promoted'?

As a manager who potentially may buy credits etc I need to know what the incentive is......

On my way up the leagues i've obviously seen many teams....... some are clearly real and managed.... others have clearly been deserted and are manned by bots................ but there seems to be a large amount with conflicting info between name, country & photo.......... are the game servers making managers up and inserting them in higher leagues?
    On your last point - the mods on here tell us there aren't any 'made up managers' and I do believe that to be honest. As far as the name and country issue goes, I think you can select wherever you want when you start up. A friend of mine for some reason picked Stockholm, Sweden as his home, despite the fact he's English and from England. So as far as that goes, I think people just pick random places to originate from. That's perhaps why it seems odd.

As far as buying tokens/credits is concerned, I wouldn't bother. Have a look through the threads on here and see how often people are 'trolled'. That's people who buy and people who don't buy tokens. It's your own decision of course but I wouldn't recommend spending real money on this. I keep repeating this but I just try to enjoy the game for what it is, but I won't take it too seriously because as I say, you're never far away from your next trolling.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I think right now top level is like 34 or 35? Not *sure* though.
    Maxtax likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

so the tip of the pyramid... ie the very highest is at 34/35 currently.......... so the big question for me is how many different leagues are there currently at that level because each time 7 clubs go up it should halve the amount of leagues at the next level

when it ends up with just one league of 14 (has it already?) then that is the highest there can be and that will be the incentive for everyone..... the Premier League/La Liga etc.................. I find it revealing that this isnt obvious for us all

I do not want to play a game where there is no end or target.......... not least because it would mean that bot teams are being inserted in higher leagues

Whend ther arent enought teams to play a LEAGUE the stroguest teams from the level above are promoted to fill the free spots.
    I think that the top team are sometime also retained in the same level, waiting for more teams to join them, whend that happens there players do not lose a star.
    But JULY is Best person to give the details since he is on the top of the server for a few seasons.
    THIS GAME IS TO RANDOM! I STOP WAISTING MY TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Myers View Post
    On your last point - the mods on here tell us there aren't any 'made up managers' and I do believe that to be honest. As far as the name and country issue goes, I think you can select wherever you want when you start up. A friend of mine for some reason picked Stockholm, Sweden as his home, despite the fact he's English and from England. So as far as that goes, I think people just pick random places to originate from. That's perhaps why it seems odd.

As far as buying tokens/credits is concerned, I wouldn't bother. Have a look through the threads on here and see how often people are 'trolled'. That's people who buy and people who don't buy tokens. It's your own decision of course but I wouldn't recommend spending real money on this. I keep repeating this but I just try to enjoy the game for what it is, but I won't take it too seriously because as I say, you're never far away from your next trolling.
    thx for the reply

I enjoy it thx........ but it is hard to play the game without some question marks starting to reveal themselves. I have played many online football management games and the worst are the ones who skew everything to purchasing credits etc by hook or by crook. I will never pay a lot with the games I play, but the little I do pay has to have some honest and lasting reward.

I'd like to have the same trust as you about the name/country/photo thing but i'm not sure that I do tbh.... and it is something that should be kept in mind when considering the league system model as I think it goes hand in hand with a league system that doesnt appear to have an end to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    I think right now top level is like 34 or 35? Not *sure* though.
    That depends on which server you play on, July Fourth server highest league level is 28 and the Capelli server is a younger server with the highest league level being at just 13. Every now and again, A server will perform a "hold" once there is too few teams advancing at the very top and teams affected will have a season where their players do not lose any stars.
    Cat Harrison and Maxtax like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

thx for the reply

I enjoy it thx........ but it is hard to play the game without some question marks starting to reveal themselves. I have played many online football management games and the worst are the ones who skew everything to purchasing credits etc by hook or by crook. I will never pay a lot with the games I play, but the little I do pay has to have some honest and lasting reward.

I'd like to have the same trust as you about the name/country/photo thing but i'm not sure that I do tbh.... and it is something that should be kept in mind when considering the league system model as I think it goes hand in hand with a league system that doesnt appear to have an end to it.
    I have more than one team, and just for fun a couple of my teams are from Australia, just cos I never see very many Aussie managers, so I thought I would make more players from that country.

I have also seen many teams from say "England" with the name ManUSomething but the manager is from somewhere else entirely. It's just for fun.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice
    thx for the reply

I think looking over your overall posts on this thread I can relate with where you're coming from. I suppose I have the same desire as you, to play until I'm right at the top! At present I'm on Level 6 and have been promoted every season I've played. I don't expect that always to be the case of course, perhaps when I reach level 10 it'll have taken me 11/12 maybe more season to get there.

With regards to where teams go, I suspect - and it's just an assumption - that in the middle leagues, basically everyone inbetween the top and bottom is made of of teams who didn't get promoted/abandoned teams/bot teams. I think ideally there would be no bots, but it's inevitable really. I guess to answer your question about where teams would come from if they were at the top of the tree - there would perhaps just be more bot managers. It's a slightly different case here but a friend who has literally just started was in Level 1 along with just ONE other real manager, the other 12 teams were all Bot Managed.

so the tip of the pyramid... ie the very highest is at 34/35 currently.......... so the big question for me is how many different leagues are there currently at that level because each time 7 clubs go up it should halve the amount of leagues at the next level

when it ends up with just one league of 14 (has it already?) then that is the highest there can be and that will be the incentive for everyone..... the Premier League/La Liga etc.................. I find it revealing that this isnt obvious for us all

I do not want to play a game where there is no end or target.......... not least because it would mean that bot teams are being inserted in higher leagues
    No the bots in upper Leagues are teams that have been abandoned for 70 days and they disappear end of that season.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast