Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Noob questions about refreshing squads

Noob questions about refreshing squads

Hi,

I'm a new player in my first season and have just read and learned a lot from all of the great guides and tutorials on here (thanks to all the people who wrote them) but still am wondering about a few things so I'd like to hear your opinions on them please. I don't want to be buying tokens because I prefer a challenge so please consider this in your answers.

1) What kind of balance do you go for in your squad with regards to age? It seems young players are the most in demand and you would struggle to keep a squad competitive over many seasons by buying just young players because of the bidding wars that you may get involved in. When buying old school players do you think its better to buy 4* and sell at the end of season or buy a 5* and sell at end of 2nd season when they are 4* (assuming you were promoted)?

2) When in the season is it best to buy players? It seems that may people advise to buy at the start of the season so obviously there is more competition and you will need more tokens. Is it better to buy after 4-5 days or are all the good players already gone?

3) When is the best time to sell players, not only during the season but also during their careers? Does their value go down as they age or does it peak at around 24-26 and then go down? I have heard it's better to sell a player who is highly ranked at your current level at the end of the season than after you get promoted, is this true for all players? Surely if everyone does this it is a good time to buy for next season as there is less competition in auctions or am I wrong here?

Ok, I think that's just about it for now. All answers will be much appreciated, I realise that everyone has a different ideas and strategies when it comes to this game so I would like to hear them all so I can decide the best strategy for me to follow.

Thats what i am doing:
    1 I am not pushing my self to buy whatever good i see. I am thinking ahead by thinking what i will need, lets say i have a MC that is behind in Q for my team or he is comimg close to 30 and his improvement is low, i am taking my time to look maybe for days for a good young MC and i am bidding when i conclude that no bidding war is going to happen, then i pushing him a little (greens) to keep having him for some time
    2.Anytime you found a good player that you really need and only then
    3.First days of season, in my case players around 25-27 age who belong in my team for sometine are performing better, thats my idea anyway, so i am selling only when are behind in Q for my squad as much as closed to their retirement.

Wiith short in tokens consider to buy older players they are underestimated and often are good performers, check stats before.
    Last edited by Maxtax; 02-11-2014 at 05:56 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    TEAM'S ACHIEVEMENTS(Est.10.5.2011) Season 47/Level ?/League 40
    24 Leagues, 13 Champion Leagues, 6 Cups, 1 Treble.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohamed Zahran View Post
    HI MY FRIENDS
    I have big problem in this game last season i have level 5 for the coach and play level higher as level for me where i play level 6 in the cup and not go world cup because this problem and now (new season) i have level 6 and play cup level 7 (level higher for level for me) this big problem for me where i become play two season level higher for level me

pls any personal go inside my page and show this problem

thanks
    Thats normal for the Cup because is a...Cup Competition, sometime ago we could compete teams some 4-6 levels above but that was changed and now competition is forming with closer Q teams.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Get free tokens from warching videos from the T11 or facebook websites, try to get as many young players as you can, you will have to do this over a period of time, build your stadium to better your team value and help prevent injuries.try to get a players who have multi positions, pick a formation you want to play and stick with it while your learning the game, get at least two players in every position for cover.if you need to buy old(29+) players only buy them for cover and don't spend to much, you should be thinking that you are only buying for use only not as an investment for selling on. Buy players aftet the first week or the last days of the season as this is when your likely to find some bargains. When buying players look at hot prospects when possible, do not go for players ending in 4 or 9 as you will paying heavy for him because he is close to gaining another star.
    Last edited by Skidz; 02-11-2014 at 06:35 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Also, if you play one game in a day do you think it's better to do training for the rest of the day or to play a friendly?

Quote Originally Posted by TidyG View Post
    Also, if you play one game in a day do you think it's better to do training for the rest of the day or to play a friendly?
    Friendly for me and then training for fine adjustments to be close to 99 condition untill the next game.
    In general manage well your resources be patient and avoid doing large changes in your team, the concept of the game and the reason for playing it, as far as i am concerned, is to simulate "managing"
    Last edited by Maxtax; 02-11-2014 at 07:01 PM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Wonderful advice on this thread.
    Maxtax likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Try to do your training after the last match of the day, if you have a late match check how soon the next day match is,if close don't train that day, or just do the lightest a few hours before the match the night before.watch as many matches as you can and make friends with other managers so you can gift them and they will gift you back!, you really do need them. Some manages may disagree but I wouldn't bother with friendlies but that's up to you, personally it just drains your players condition and for a non paying player you are just weekening your team for your next match.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

friendlies are a good way to get some packs, especially for a pure free player. just make sure you set them to hard defending and blue arrows, theyll help conserve stamina. go ahead and spam friendlies, the visiting (on the receiving end of the friendly) isnt affected by gains/pains
    http://forum.topeleven.com/news-anno...-managers.html
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Rookie
    From my experiance.

Find friends in your league and in cup,champions league (one's that watch the games)

After a little while you will get to know these teams and there squads... now this is where i would say to be smart look at the managers that are above you and try and put negotiate on there players at the end/start of the season as they will be looking to get a better squad.

The best way to get tokens/packs is to switch between topeleven.com & via facebook topeleven site via your Pc,Android,ios device rotate between them and reap loads of tokens & Packs. You could buy tokens but for me that is the easy way and not as much fun.

In regards to building a team i still have players from 3 seasons ago and they are still an integral part of my squad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast