Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Counter Formations

Quote Originally Posted by Dollyplops View Post
    Didn't mean to cause offence, guys.

I don't think there is necessarily anything wrong with the guide...... I think it is just the game itself in all honesty.

People mentioned creating my own guide......how could I do that after what I have witnessed? Many of you saw my thread yesterday regarding playing down the left flank. You use logic/credible tactics and you get caught out by silly formations, without the guy you focus your attack toward even being mentioned in 180mins of play! You can't apply logic, certainly not in a football sense, to this game. Not like any other I have played. It is far too random and illogical.
    Thats what friend... There is no logic in the named. I stopped expecting any long back. This game is a shame on the he of simulation......... Nothing against u.

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Scarborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Most regular formations can beat any other on a givern day, strengh of the squad, watching matches to get possesion bonus, friends watching, sendings off, injuries, there are so many variables that can make a difference, so play your favourite formation and stick to it. Build your team each season around your formation, tweak it during matches to suit you!, don't try changing your team every timr you come up against a different formation as you will be second guessing yourself all the time.
    DiZZee likes this.
    x 17 x 5 x 1

Double winners x 5 , Treble x 1 ...Perfect league wins 26/26 x 1 (L8).
    Every comment I make on this forum is based on my own experiences and so should be taken as such!.

Rookie
    Counter Formations-silly.jpg

I am going to try this out later in my Champions League match and see what happens........

Instructions are hard attacking and play down the right flank. I SHOULD get massacred! Please place your bets as to what the score will be!

EDIT - Can someone let me know if, in the eyes of the game, there should be any penalties for this?
    Last edited by Dollyplops; 02-19-2014 at 04:00 PM.

80-20% possession penalty for fielding an illegal formation

edit in:

And IMO the penalty doesnt negate the fact that every single ball slightly leftish could be a goal for you, so yes, perhaps you still could win or draw. In football terms it doesn't make sense getting a result like that, but in here, statistically you have a huge advantage in over 50% of the pitch. Sometimes the 20-80% penalty isn't enough to negate that I guess.
    Last edited by fugazi; 02-19-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by fugazi View Post
    80-20% possession penalty for fielding an illegal formation
    Cool......what is illegal about it? Just so I can change to make it stupid, yet legal?

Well, I have given you a possible explanation of why you SHOULDN'T necessarily have to get massacred fielding such a formation in a game which consists of nothing but zero's and ones. (binary code)

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by fugazi View Post
    Well, I have given you a possible explanation of why you SHOULDN'T necessarily have to get massacred fielding such a formation in a game which consists of nothing but zero's and ones. (binary code)
    Depends on how good the game is written, doesn't it? Others I have played are logical enough to ensure that, using a formation like this with the tactics chosen, I should get whupped!

Also, can you or someone tell me WHAT is illegal with that formation? No right sided player? Would it be 'legal' if I switched the LCB to a RB?

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    From wiki:

"Some formations are not allowed in Top Eleven and may lead to 20% ball possession, which in turn reduces the chance of victory.

Throughout the whole match you must have:

a goalkeeper (blue)
    at least three defenders (green) (DL/DC/DR)
    at least one striker (red)
    at least one player on both flanks.
    at least four players in the opponents half (ML/MC/MR or AML/AMC/AMR or ST)
    at least three players in the midfield section (AML/AMC/AMR and/or ML/MC/MR and/or DML/DMC/DMR)

One player on each flank is enough, but three players on the same flank will also lead to 20% possession. "
    Skidz likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    From wiki:

"Some formations are not allowed in Top Eleven and may lead to 20% ball possession, which in turn reduces the chance of victory.

Throughout the whole match you must have:

a goalkeeper (blue)
    at least three defenders (green) (DL/DC/DR)
    at least one striker (red)
    at least one player on both flanks.
    at least four players in the opponents half (ML/MC/MR or AML/AMC/AMR or ST)
    at least three players in the midfield section (AML/AMC/AMR and/or ML/MC/MR and/or DML/DMC/DMR)

One player on each flank is enough, but three players on the same flank will also lead to 20% possession. "
    Thanks. May make it even more illegal in that case.....

Rookie
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

I used what I described above and just won 2-0!!!

Chr!@t, this game is shyte!
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 02-19-2014 at 10:04 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast