Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Saransh Vatsa
  • 1 Post By Saransh Vatsa
  • 2 Post By Qambu Yaasi

Thread: Time waste..?

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2

    Time waste..?

    Hi
    I just played a match that by all accounts I should have won. It was a crucial match and I cannot figure why the opposition had 80% possession!?

    I was playing at home. I was the only one attending and had 12% advantage for home.
    My squad is 42,1% quality, his was 26,4%
    My squad value 57,1M, his 21,6M
    Similar average age.
    99% condition and morale.

    The only thing I have not done since season 2 was buy more tokens! Is buying tokens what rules this game? Anyone else found similar problems?

  2. #2
    English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    StL
    Posts
    8,063
    Sounds like you put a formation that doesn't conform to these rules on the pitch:

    "Some formations are not allowed in Top Eleven and may lead to 20% ball possession, which in turn reduces the chance of victory.

    Throughout the whole match you must have:

    a goalkeeper (blue)
    at least three defenders (green) (DL/DC/DR)
    at least one striker (red)
    at least one player on both flanks.
    at least four players in the opponents half (ML/MC/MR or AML/AMC/AMR or ST)
    at least three players in the midfield section (AML/AMC/AMR and/or ML/MC/MR and/or DML/DMC/DMR)

    One player on each flank is enough, but three players on the same flank will also lead to 20% possession. "

    From the wiki (wiki.topeleven.com)

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Lucknow, INDIA
    Posts
    2,895
    You played an ILLEGAL formation as Cat told...

  4. #4
    Pro Celtic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    999
    Well, there are some legal formation that should be "illegal"...

    -----ST-----
    ----AMC----
    ML--MC--MR
    ----DMC----
    -DC-DC-DC-
    -----GK-----

    I mean, teams without defensive wingbacks are the latest trend (and exploit)... which is ridiculous, almost no team in the world plays without wingbacks since the 1950's.

    On the other hand if you use Argentina's 3-5-2 formation that gave them a world cup in 1986...

    -----ST-----
    ----AMC----
    ML--MC--MR
    -DMC-DMC-
    -DL-DC-DR-
    -----GK-----

    Guess what, it's "illegal", lol.

    120 employees, they said.

  5. #5
    Famous Qambu Yaasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic View Post
    Well, there are some legal formation that should be "illegal"...

    -----ST-----
    ----AMC----
    ML--MC--MR
    ----DMC----
    -DC-DC-DC-
    -----GK-----

    I mean, teams without defensive wingbacks are the latest trend (and exploit)... which is ridiculous, almost no team in the world plays without wingbacks since the 1950's.

    On the other hand if you use Argentina's 3-5-2 formation that gave them a world cup in 1986...

    -----ST-----
    ----AMC----
    ML--MC--MR
    -DMC-DMC-
    -DL-DC-DR-
    -----GK-----

    Guess what, it's "illegal", lol.

    120 employees, they said.
    Not sure how that is illegal...
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

    Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

  6. #6
    Pro Celtic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    999
    Correction, my bad, the formation I've come across that is illegal is this one:

    ------ST------
    AMC------AMR
    ---MC--MC---
    DML-DMC-DMR
    ---DC--DC----
    -----GK-------

    It's the classic "metodo", arguably reinvented in Barcelona, (with the influence of Cruijff' school).
    The Question: Are Barcelona reinventing the W-W formation? | Jonathan Wilson | Sport | theguardian.com

    It makes your ball possession down to 20% even if you put arrows down. lol

  7. #7
    Champion Saransh Vatsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    2,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic View Post
    Correction, my bad, the formation I've come across that is illegal is this one:

    ------ST------
    AMC------AMR
    ---MC--MC---
    DML-DMC-DMR
    ---DC--DC----
    -----GK-------

    It's the classic "metodo", arguably reinvented in Barcelona, (with the influence of Cruijff' school).
    The Question: Are Barcelona reinventing the W-W formation? | Jonathan Wilson | Sport | theguardian.com

    It makes your ball possession down to 20% even if you put arrows down. lol
    And that is sad that u can't even try a new Real Life formation in the game.... Our options are limited.....
    Celtic likes this.


    Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

    http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

    P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

  8. #8
    Pro Celtic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    999
    I know you are a fan, so I here's the "illegal" formation according to the 120 masters of the game:


    -------------- Messi --------------

    --- Pedro --------------- Alexis ---

    ------- Iniesta ------- Xavi -------

    - Adriano -- Busquets -- D.Alves --

    ------- Puyol ------- Piqué -------

    ------------- Valdes -------------

    Recognize?

    In Serbia it's illegal!

    There are just no words... lol
    Last edited by Celtic; 02-24-2014 at 06:46 AM.

  9. #9
    Champion Saransh Vatsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    2,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic View Post
    I know you are a fan, so I here's the "illegal" formation according to the 120 masters of the game:


    -------------- Messi --------------

    --- Pedro --------------- Alexis ---

    ------- Iniesta ------- Xavi -------

    - Adriano -- Busquets -- D.Alves --

    ------- Puyol ------- Piqué -------

    ------------- Valdes -------------

    Recognize?

    In Serbia it's illegal!

    There are just no words... lol

    Ya I know.... Can't believe that DMCs are not considered defensive units in the game..... And BTW, Alvez is actually further up, usually next to Messi.Lols
    Celtic likes this.


    Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

    http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

    P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

  10. #10
    Famous Qambu Yaasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic View Post
    I know you are a fan, so I here's the "illegal" formation according to the 120 masters of the game:


    -------------- Messi --------------

    --- Pedro --------------- Alexis ---

    ------- Iniesta ------- Xavi -------

    - Adriano -- Busquets -- D.Alves --

    ------- Puyol ------- Piqué -------

    ------------- Valdes -------------

    Recognize?

    In Serbia it's illegal!

    There are just no words... lol
    It's illegal because no other team can make tht type of formation work. You need both Xavi & Iniesta to make it work. Hahahaha...

    Why do you think Barca is a bad defensive unit? hahaha Their midfielders & Messi make up for their defensive failings...
    Celtic and Saransh Vatsa like this.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

    Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T