Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: What is the purpose of offside trap?

What is the purpose of offside trap?

What is the purpose of offside trap,and do i get more possesion or something?

I will try to beat you with 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond Formation

Offside trap - A manoeuvre in which players in the defending team push upfield in order to put one or more opposing players into an offside position.

Works best if you play 3 at the back - Barcelona take advantage of this.

Basically your defenders are keeping a high line to catch the opposition's ST offside when he counters.

It can be risky, but effective if worked well.
    Liverpool FC - Team Showcase

"You'll Never Walk Alone."

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Banned
    But in this game offside basically a COSMETIC thing...

Only in rarest of the rare chance you will see that the commentary says that the STRIKER is looking to break the offside trap...

And do not use offside trap if there are AML, AMC and AMR in the playing 11 of the opponent......

Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    But in this game offside basically a COSMETIC thing...

Only in rarest of the rare chance you will see that the commentary says that the STRIKER is looking to break the offside trap...

And do not use offside trap if there are AML, AMC and AMR in the playing 11 of the opponent......
    That's probably because you haven't tried it properly.

Play with 3 at the back, and with DML/DMR, attacking mentality, using offside trap, and you'll see the results quite a bit more.

But as I said, it's risky so I don't usually take chances in big matches; you'll need quality defenders to pull it off.
    Last edited by Sxrenity; 03-07-2014 at 08:24 PM.

#JFT96

I don't claim to be a Top Eleven expert but, if anyone would like advice, please don't hesitate to contact me through 'private messaging', I try to reply as soon as possible.

Addicted
    i have read about " offside traps " that you should have fast defenders to use it !
    Sxrenity likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizer Franz View Post
    i have read about " offside traps " that you should have fast defenders to use it !
    I forgot to add that...You'd have a hard time doing an offside trap with a centre back like Per Mertesacker.
    gazza and Rutster like this.

#JFT96

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sxrenity View Post
    I forgot to add that...You'd have a hard time doing an offside trap with a centre back like Per Mertesacker.
    This all thing we say is TRUE in real football...I wonder how much of all this is TRUE in TOP ELEVEN...

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    This all thing we say is TRUE in real football...I wonder how much of all this is TRUE in TOP ELEVEN...
    I wonder too because there is never comments that says the opponent striker iss offside !

The only comment with " offside " is when opponent striker has break the offside trap and is now alone in face of your Goal keeper so ...

You see the times when the ST 'breaks the offside trap', but you won't see the times when your defence has successfully pulled off an offside trap in the commentary, that's why it seems like it doesn't work, when it does.

#JFT96

Quote Originally Posted by Sxrenity View Post
    So is it with Gerard Pique lol

Should Kaka' have been selected for Brazil's WC squad?
    Tell us ur opinion-

http://forum.topeleven.com/football-...-new-post.html

P.S.S The person in my avatar is NOT me! He is the God of Cricket, Sachin Tendulkar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast