Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Siddharth Shanker Singh
  • 2 Post By Carlito

Thread: Special Abilities

Apprentice

Special Abilities

I read somewhere a while ago that Special Abilities are only useful if they are relevant to the players position..... So for example a DC with Playmaker is going to be pointless..... Is this true?? Cause I've been looking at a DC with Corner Ability and I could do with being more of a threat at corners but if the ability won't work on a DC then I won't bother!

I've always had DC with corner abilities just because it is fun to have a Leighton Baines in my team and have a DC be a top assist provider. Btw, playmakers make good setpiece takers as well.

DC with corner abilities will work if their attacking points are high enough.

Generally, just having a SA tied to a player doesnt mean it will work as SAs are supposed to compliment existing skill points. It is a secondary consideration, not the main consideration for a player.
    Go Leo L24 Farmer ---

Very Athletic L20 (Semi-Retired) --- Real Messy L16 (Retired) --- Athletic Kuching L17 --- Los Galaxy L14 28T

Banned
    First of all Special Abilities are useless...They have been very cunningly put in the to game to make bidding war and to suck our Tokens and Money...

You cannot train a DC, playmaker ability...Only some specific Special Ability can be assing to players with specific position...
    For DC - Aerial Defender and Defensive Fall is the best...
    Carlito likes this.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    First of all Special Abilities are useless...They have been very cunningly put in the to game to make bidding war and to suck our Tokens and Money...

You cannot train a DC, playmaker ability...Only some specific Special Ability can be assing to players with specific position...
    For DC - Aerial Defender and Defensive Fall is the best...
    I don't purposefully go out to buy players with SA but in fairness I do have a guy with free-kick ability and he rarely misses the target.
    Last edited by Ian Myers; 04-07-2014 at 09:01 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Myers View Post
    I don't purposefully go out to buy players with SA but in fairness I do have a guy with free-kick ability and he rarely misses the target.
    It is because he has been programmed to perform well in FREE KICKS...

I have an AML without free kick SA and he also never misses the target...I also have a MC with free kick SA but he seldom scores from free kicks...

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddharth Shanker Singh View Post
    It is because he has been programmed to perform well in FREE KICKS...

I have an AML without free kick SA and he also never misses the target...I also have a MC with free kick SA but he seldom scores from free kicks...
    If you say so it must be right then.

I totaly agree with Siddharth!! The SA can make a good player better in a certain skill but if the player is a poor corner/freekick/whatever taker the special ability will be wasted on him. And the essential Qualities are programmed and don`t change. My best Corner and Freekick taker is my GK. He scores almost every match or at least got a assist. He actually got more goals then my best striker (maybe I should get new strikers).